HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 25, 2022 06:19AM

Today, the team has an extremely formidable opponent--the Bills. The secondary needs to step up their defensive play otherwise it will be a long day. The Bills' defense is good so it will be another challenge for the passing and running game. If we can run--we will be able to pass successfully--just my opinion. Game begins around 1pm.

Go Dolphins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 07:25AM

The running game was supposed to be McDaniel's forte so, let's hope that he's been holding it back just for this game.
For my part, I'm going to try and affect the outcome of the game just by thinking about it. I know it sounds silly, like something from the mind of a child but, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Date: September 25, 2022 07:43AM

The Bills have handed our asses to us these past few seasons. They have won by 40 points the last 2 games.

To win we need to be perfect. Special teams tackles were horrific last week. We need to tackle better everywhere.

Our offense needs to block , TUA gets time he can be deadly.

We won last week becuase the Ravens coach got cute on a 4th and short. Bills need to make mistakes and I dont see it happening.

Hopefully they just make a game of it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 25, 2022 09:41AM

There's no denying that Tua is fragile. That wasn't much of a push or hit. Josh Allen would have left a divit it the turf.

Date: September 25, 2022 10:02AM

This is going to be tough. Josh Allen is a specimen. His size and mobility, plus passing ability makes him very tough to defend. I have fingers crossed that we can make it close to the end.

Go Dolphins!

Date: September 25, 2022 11:18AM

Defense bails out the offense once again. Fins up.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 12:16PM

A huge defensive game and win. Some key stops and forced Allen miscues

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 25, 2022 01:02PM

Nobody expected Miami to win, I sure as hell didn't. It was priceless to see the Bill's OC go nuts in the box. That appears to be the highlight of the day lol

Date: September 25, 2022 01:41PM

Holy shit! Did that just happen!?

We just beat arguably the best team in the NFL!! What a statement!!

We really ground them down at the end. The Bills were hot cramped up girls with their first period. Josh Allen is a figgin Crybaby. He cries more then Brady to the Refs. Then he had that hissy fit on Wilkins. LOL.

He did hug TUA though at the end. Anyone catch that Bills coach box upstairs!? grinning smiley Funniest thing I've seen. That coach ripped his headset off and then threw all his binders and plays at the wall. grinning smiley

GENTLEMEN........ WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 25, 2022 03:59PM

We are finding ways to win against quality opponents, which is hugely encouraging. The bills took the lead 3x, and we kept coming back. Hill didn't have a huge day...nor Gisecki...nor any of our running backs or Tua. But we avoided big mistakes, stayed in the game and took advantage of a couple of opportunities.

While Allen threw for 400 and they had a big long run to rush for over 100, I think we hit them harder than we have in a LONG time. Much more than they were expecting, it seemed. I hope Wilk was kicking him repeatedly in the goods at the bottom of the pile. Allen was with the refs so much I thought he was going to have to fill out a change of address form with the USPS...sheesh, what a freakin whiner.

Hoping we can recover well and in time for Thursday night.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 05:20PM

I feel we won but again we did not 'beat' this team.

I thought giving the Bills the ball when we won the coin toss was our first mistake. Get the O on the field and get them going, they are our best unit. Boyer still stinks. Sheesh, I wanted McDaniel's to get in his face and tell him to get my freaking defense off the field. Bills O had the ball for 40 minutes that's ridiculous.

Our db's and Phillips are weak individual tacklers. On some plays they appear to be satisfied containing the ball carrier and waiting for guys to come in and assist with the tackle. Noticed that in game one, the Pats db's were excellent in run support and ours were lacking.

D gives up 2 to 3 yards after initial contact too much. I love our DLINE, line backers and dbs have to improve their tackling.

Happy as heck to be 3-0 and think the offense will continue to improve but my faith in the D is shaky. Also, just play Gesicki at WR he is a gamer and needs to be used in this offense. Find a spot for him. Wes Welker should be prying him away from the TE's coach.

McDaniel made some rookie mistakes but I think he is a bright guy and will learn. I hope he challenges Boyer to get his #&*@& together on D.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 06:41PM

I think mizzou15 is a bit hard on the defense-but just a bit. They could not get off the field far too many times on third, short or not. The tackling wasn't very good. The linebackers and DBs did a very poor job of controlling the outside. We really only got ONE good stop on third, fortunately in the last moments of the game. The playcalling on our last series, the one inside our own five, was awful. McDaniel needs to work on that. Two weeks in a row, the playcalling late wasn't too good.
Again, Thomas Morstead proved that Mike Westhoff knows what he is talking about when it comes to excellent punters. Other than that punt attempt in the end zone (which was a VERY questionable call) Morstead has done a great job punting this year and especially today. He hasn't gotten the kudos that he deserves. I don't miss that kid from last year at all.

Rick

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 07:12PM

Crazy, Bills ran like 90 plays to our 30! We never win such games , times are changing
and Hill very little use today!

Think that was Ken Dorsey going ballistic in the press box

Date: September 26, 2022 12:26AM

In the original King Kong movie (1933), at the end where Kong is laying dead in the street character Carl Denham (Robert Armstrong) states: Oh, no it wasn't the airplanes, it was beauty killed the beast."

Well, our Dolphins won the game, but it was the heat of the day, that killed this beast! Yes, the Bills' foe was larger than life, it was the excruciating South Florida heat and humidity that eventually overwhelmed and frustrated Josh Allen, the Bills' players and coaches.

Extremely thrilled that we are 3-0 but can see that much needs to be done to improve to successfully win games in cooler fall weather. We have much to learn from this game. Thursday night is a big test.

Go Dolphins!

Date: September 26, 2022 03:10AM

Im hard on the D because they need it. I remember one game in the 90's where the D was stinking. Shula walked over to Tom Olivadotti and tore him a new one. Olivadotti walks over to Joe Green and rips him one, Mean Joe the rips the DLine a new one problem got resolved.
I was wishing McDaniel would do that on yesterday.

We could easily be 0-3 When players are consistently making the same mistakes game after game it is a problem and it will catch up with us. The Bills OC was pissed because he new with 3 more seconds on the clock they would have one that game.

Bills converted a 4th and 2 because they picked up 8 yards on a 3rd and 10. You could tell they did not have respect for our D and were confident they could convert the 4th down.

Bills dominated the time of possession, converted a high percentage of 3rd downs and marched down the field after starting inside their own 3 yard line.

Unacceptable if you think you are going deep into the playoffs. That's my goal for this year.

Date: September 26, 2022 05:12AM

Totally agree with the tackling bit - for sure there's a huge noticeable difference between Buffalo form tackling us nearly every play and us allowing hidden yards by piss poor tackling or being juked on every dang QB run. Plenty of blame to go around, but Phillips specifically has to get his $hit together. I thought he would be a key part of why this year's D could match or exceed last year's and he has disappointed severely so far.

I hate that we couldn't take them out of it, but I think their gameplan was to execute long, methodical drives to keep their D (and our O) off the field in the heat. A couple of kudos, therein, however.
1) our offense delivered in crunch time. Tua hitting Waddle long to start the drive and then on 3rd & 22 to set up the TD was simply unimaginable in the past.
2) our pass rush was disruptive. In the past, Allen would pass or scramble out of any trouble we might have given him with it. He landed his blows (primarily scrambling this game) but we landed enough blows that he certainly wasn't comfortable or dominating in that regard.
3) just not giving in to the heat on D. The heat was THE key factor in this game, but we dealt with it better. Gotta be better in so many ways, but glad they didn't sort of "wilt to the level of their competition".

Date: September 26, 2022 05:27AM

"wilt to the level of their competition".

Excellent point. In previous years we did play to the level of out competition. We are definitely not doing that. Did not consider that when discussing the D. We are playing our own game. We improve on our weaknesses we will continue to get better on both sides of the ball.

Date: September 26, 2022 05:55AM

Well, we're lucky to even have that kind of heat + humidity advantage in September games but it definitely won't be any help in Buffalo late in the year. I'm definitely all for the kind of ass-chewing that transcends weather :-). Cuz they definitely need to play better on D.

Their offense mainly dictated the terms to our defense in their 2:1 time of possession advantage, and that's not the position we want to be in ever if we aspire to a deep playoff run. And that certainly should be their goal.

Date: September 26, 2022 07:22AM

Woke up today thinking it was a dream. I really didnt think we had what it takes to hand Buffalo a "L". They had 5 starters out but we still played well and capitlized on Buffalo mistakes. When do you ever see a QB GET a unecessary roughness pwnalty!? Really? One thing I take away from this game is Josh Allen is a douchebag. I will root for anyone he plays. His conduct, the whining.....the complaining. DB city.

I didnt realize we play again already on Thursday night. 3 days is really going to be tuff. We win this we have 10 days to rest and Im loving the future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 26, 2022 01:40PM

Cant we stop complaining. We are 3 an 0.

Imagine if we are 0 and 3.

Skills....luck. you need a little bit of everything to win in this league.

I never thought we ve be 3 and 0 after playing the 3 teams we played.

I know where you are coming from though. I understand it fully.

Enjoy it while you can.

Go phins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.