HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Ravens: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Ravens: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 18, 2022 06:27AM

Week 2 of 2022; game 2 for the Dolphins. We visit Baltimore today and face Lamar Jackson. That's always exciting. We have ability to score points; want to see a strong ground game this week. We need it to keep the Ravens wondering.

GO DOLPHINS!!

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Ravens: Game Day Thread
Date: September 18, 2022 06:41AM

I was at the game last time we played the Ravens.it was the first game we won to break that 7 game losing streak. We were huge underdogs . Our Defense really had Lamars number. I think we can still dominate them. It really is the same old same old. Will our Oline let us be competive? Same shit different day. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 18, 2022 09:04AM

O line is terrible, D giving up big plays

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 18, 2022 09:33AM

We have no qb. Tua is just not a good nfl qb. Put in the rookie qb the rest of the season. We are not winning many games with tua. We have no qb we have no team. Lucked out last week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2022 09:35AM by Rgphin.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2022 09:40AM

Dolphins are getting all the penalty calls. That's on the coaches.

Date: September 18, 2022 09:43AM

What fantastic plays by the Ravens--they look unstoppable. They set the tone on the first play of the game. Wow. Oh wait...I am a Dolphins fan...we look like a second rate JV team. Outclassed at QB...outclassed in the secondary. The Fins are on the wrong side of a blow out.

Date: September 18, 2022 11:23AM

2nd Half? What a change in behavior. The Dolphins comeback is going to be on the highlight reel. What a miraculous change of events and sudden upgrade in gameplay.

Amazing Dolphins Victory!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2022 11:25AM

Unbelievable.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 18, 2022 11:25AM

wow! Any Tua haters still out there?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 18, 2022 12:44PM

What...a...game!

Date: September 18, 2022 12:53PM

Just got done watching the game......I was in complete media blackout until I watched the game.Fantastic!

Keep Austin Jackson out. Hes a bust. Little blocked his ass off.

Our Special teams needs coaching. We let way to many big plays happen. We were given a huge present when the Ravens went for it on 4th and 1. That sealed the comeback. Fantastic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: September 18, 2022 03:24PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow! Any Tua haters still out there?

My doubts are fading. He did not give up, did not panic.

I was stuck with the PGH-NE game, so I only say the last few minutes.

Date: September 19, 2022 03:35AM

Defemses willnot play close to los i mean safeties so i think our runni g gamebenefits from this.

Date: September 19, 2022 05:45AM

Lots of individual things to love about the game, but the main thing for me is being able to overcome a massive deficit against a quality team playing some of its best ball. It's been interesting for me to think of making the playoffs last year if we hadn't:
- lost to the Raiders on the no-call pass interference
- lost to both ATL & JAX on last second FG
But I always knew we really never competed with BUF (x2), TP and TEN - i.e. the truly quality opponents on our schedule. Our win against BAL last year was a great win over a quality opponent playing well up until that point, but they were more like us than they were like any of the afore-mentioned teams.

I don't know whether we will be able to play at a competitive level against quality opponents ahead, but this showed that we certainly can. We took their punches...made some mistakes...and had both the will and firepower to come back. It's encouraging just to know it's possible.

Date: September 19, 2022 06:33AM

Things tbat really made a difference?

Austin Jackson was out on IR.
His sub Little stole his job IMO. With Tua protected it was a different ballgame. Instead of contrating on just 1 player ( Hill) he threw it to Giesicki, Waddle , he really spread it around. They cant cover them all....he found the open targets. Threw it in stride for YAC.

Our defensive front, OGBAH and Wilkins held 1 yd stances several times included the game changing 4 and 1 on the Ravens 40. They convert a field goal there its probably a different ballgame.KILLER play in the trenches!

If I were coach McDaniels Id have the special teams in today despite the win.

The tackling on ST was beyond awful.the Ravens had 3 plays over 70- 80 yds. That needs to be fixed playing a team like Buffalo next week.

Send so.e film to tbe NFL. The penalty calls were complete bullshit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 19, 2022 09:21AM

Rgphin Wrote:
> Defemses willnot play close to los i mean safeties
> so i think our running gamebenefits from this.

I think the Ravens' game showed that we can play against anyone. I would like to see us go out there and just beat someone from the first whistle til the last. We have not done that in any of the first two games. The offense in my opinion will just get better each week. The OLine is coming together and w/ Shell on the practice squad we have quality depth. Jackson is part of the solution and he will be back. Crossing my fingers but I think we got the line on track. Still concerned w/ the defense, Boyer still gets his a** handed to him by his counterpart on most plays. I wish we had gotten rid of him too. Ravens missing 2 starting tackles and we could not come up with 1 sack, ridiculous.

All n all Im feeling better. Big challenge with the Bills coming to town this week but we can beat them. Depends on the OLine and defense but if the coaches get it right it can be done.

Date: September 19, 2022 12:30PM

Dude - no doubt on the refs. We were playing 11-on-12. Even the announcers were scratching their heads on calls against us several times. I hated it while it was happening, of course...but adds to the special-ness of the win. Even that didn't become the reason/excuse.

Date: September 19, 2022 01:39PM

I even sawa ref laughing hard on the sideline right after a ravens td.

Date: September 19, 2022 05:04PM

Rgphin Wrote:
> I even sawa ref laughing hard on the sideline
> right after a ravens td.

My wife said the same thing! The worst penalty I saw was on CB Crossen for intentional tripping. Guy just fell over trying to make a tackle. Im a defensive
Fan of the ball. These penalties are ruining the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 20, 2022 04:41AM

We beat the ravens the crowd and the refs.

We were just destined to win this game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.