HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          MG Trade Rumors
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
MG Trade Rumors
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 25, 2022 09:22AM

This is more philosophical rather than anything super-specific to Mike...he just provides the platform for the thoughts at this moment.

I don't really understand why reports of any player being discussed in trade talks are considered newsworthy. From my perspective, there are only a small number of people in the entire NFL who should be exempt from even being brought up in trade talks. And, that number is likely smaller than I used to think it was.

If your GM is worth his salt, he's inquiring about other teams' players constantly and fielding inquiries about his team's players. It's his job to make the team better and a critical piece of that is being aware of the player market.

I'd say that if you're not hearing about players being brought up (since it's apparently so newsworthy), you should be worried that:
(a) your GM isn't worth his salt or
(b) your team doesn't have anyone other teams value
If you have condition (b) it's likely because you've had condition (a) for even longer :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MG Trade Rumors
Date: August 25, 2022 10:52AM

News leaks make the world go round.

Its just the way it all works. Giesicki is going to demand a huge contract. Any money they were going to give him was spent on Hill. So loke a fart in an elevator you crack a cheek and leak it to a reporter......wait for the calls to come in. Maybe they have some CB depth or an Olineman smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 25, 2022 01:12PM

Stamper

So much of news these days are opinions that are worth just as much as mine.

Regarding Gesicki I would not be devastated if they traded him. I think his shortcomings as a blocker are detrimental to our new O. I witnessed 3 plays so far in preseason where his missed or inability to sustain blocks resulted in wasted plays. There appears to be some plays that he should not be on the field when called.

If he is retained I would give more playing time to the other TEs and utilize his receiving skills. He has a lot to offer as a receiver but I do not want to see blown plays due to his woeful blocking.

Its a win win situation if we trade or keep him imho.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 25, 2022 01:47PM

Like Tanner Conner a converted WR. Could give comparable results for a lot less and we spent a high pick on Hunter Long for a reason

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 25, 2022 03:21PM

I like Connor. I think they will stick him on IR like they did Coleman on last year. Don't want to take the risk of him getting poached from the practice squad.

I think Coleman looked good at LT in the pre season game. Had some timing issues facing quick rushers but not too alarmed since this is his first NFL action. The sports reporters complained about him a lot but you can tell these guys do not watch film or have ever played. Coleman has good feet and technique.

I like the potential players that may end up on our practice squad Diesch, Andries a rb, cb. I really feel good going into the season.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 26, 2022 05:12AM

And here I've been holding in elevator farts all my life out of respect for my fellow passengers. Who knew they'd be newsworthy - I've probably lost out on millions from The National Enquirer! :-)

I've always liked MG, but have wondered how he'll fit/perform in our new offense. I think the tag was the right move and don't have an issue with moving him for the right compensation or keeping to see how it plays out this year.

It seems GMs are often inclined to trade a vet for picks, but I actually think I'd prefer quality vet OL or CB that can shore up what appear to be relatively limited positions of some weakness this year.

Date: August 26, 2022 11:00AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And here I've been holding in elevator farts all
> my life out of respect for my fellow passengers.
> Who knew they'd be newsworthy - I've probably lost
> out on millions from The National Enquirer! :-)
>

LOL!

Seriously.......I grew up in NYC. The actual city so Ive had my share of long Elevator rides! You just went down 80 - 100 stories and had a few dirty water dogs and a Diet Pepsi.....on the way back up you are gonna have to relieve a little pressure somehow.

Just like a salary cap. Something has to give. So you gently squeeze one out. No smell just enough to relieve the pressure. GM called a fav. " source" . Told him to put it out there.....no smell just a waft in the air.

You cant blow up the elevator or you will stink forever. Instead just a crack gets you in the right direction and we do decide to resign him no harm no foul.

What Flores and Grier did last seasons with TUA was like a full on Horn blow , they stood on one leg pulled the cheeks apart and just ripped one after eating a Arbys Ruben and curly fries. Damage was done. They are banned from elevators........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.