Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins found guilty of tampering..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins found guilty of tampering..........
Date: August 02, 2022 12:10PM

Flores gets a little smile on his face today but not for what he charged.

Dolphins and Ross found guilty of speaking to Brady and HC against NFL rules and will lose a 1st round pick next season (we had 2) and a third in 23'.

Flores opened a bag of shit because he was fired last season. Flores is a product of New England. Didn't mind cheating then or now......only when he was fired. I hope he never coaches again. Not 1 player cried when he left. Not one assistant. Not even the Hotdog guy or parking people. That says alot .

Look at the team now. Its a HUGE party down in South Florida! Keep your draft picks! Miami will survive and be victorious and when We finally get that trophy I hope they thank Flores and give him the finger.

This sucks.....but the team has made such strides this off season and the team morale seems higher then ever before. That alone is worth the 1 draft pick. I say don't focus on it. The cloud has passed and move on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins found guilty of tampering..........
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 02, 2022 04:23PM

I don't agree with you at all. Flores is the only one that displayed any integrity whatsoever in this sordid mess that was entirely of Ross' making. Who cares if nobody cried when Flores was fired? He led this dysfunctional team to two back-to-back winning seasons which hadn't been seen in over 20 years. He has a half dozen Superbowl rings to prove that he's the real deal. We have Ross who is a world class loser in anything football related.
You might like the party atmosphere in training camp but, it's pretty clear that we have a QB and HC that weren't the first choice of the organization and likely not even the 2nd choice.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 02, 2022 05:57PM

My opinion - 2 things can be true at the same time:

Ross has had quite a few missteps in his tenure as owner, and I hope he figures out how to fulfill the role as it ought to be.

And Flores seemed not to be the guy to put it all together. He just couldn't get a quality staff together on the offensive side of the ball and his strained relationship w/Tua was likely very counterproductive. I do think it's noteworthy that we didn't hear a lot of players really mourning his departure.

Whether McD is the guy is yet to be seen, of course. And, given the tampering charges, it's clear he wasn't the 1st choice before Payton. But, I don't think a lot of head coaches (or aspiring HC's) would be if pitted against Payton. My biggest hope for improved outcome this year is that the defensive players & coaches will minimize the impact of Flores' loss, and McD & crew will make all the difference in terms of maximizing the offense's potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2022 05:58PM by tsstamper.

Date: August 03, 2022 03:14AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't agree with you at all. Flores is the only
> one that displayed any integrity whatsoever in
> this sordid mess that was entirely of Ross'
> making. Who cares if nobody cried when Flores was
> fired? He led this dysfunctional team to two
> back-to-back winning seasons which hadn't been
> seen in over 20 years. He has a half dozen
> Superbowl rings to prove that he's the real deal.
> We have Ross who is a world class loser in
> anything football related.
> You might like the party atmosphere in training
> camp but, it's pretty clear that we have a QB and
> HC that weren't the first choice of the
> organization and likely not even the 2nd choice.

Who cares? Last time I checked the Players make tve ball club. Morale, locker room atmosphere , the ability to attract new players is everything.

Ross is far from perfect. But the man has invested billions in a new stadium, training facility and free agents. Hate him or not He wants to win.

Flores is a POS and took advice from no other then Belichick before he went Kapernick.

And YES I love the atmosphere in trainng camp. And if your a fan why wouldnt you!!? Ross was only trying to make this team better. Never TANK.

Losing a draft pick sucks, but ill just imagine it went toward aquiring Hill.

We are certainly a much better team then we were 8 months ago. F Flores and I hope the Steelers ( my seconf fav team) Tanks likd hell. The Steelers have become my most hated team over the Jets. I hope his defense gives up so many points hes fired and never seen around professional sports again. Stop bringing race into everything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 03, 2022 05:09AM

Flores another failed ex Pat hire nowhere near qualified for the Job , fired due to poor relationships and having to have OC training wheels

Hope he gets the Kaepernick treatment incompetent for HC position and untrustworthy another Jonathan Martin.

Time to move on, not that worried about the lost picks

Date: August 03, 2022 05:30AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flores another failed ex Pat hire nowhere near
> qualified for the Job , fired due to poor
> relationships and having to have OC training
> wheels
>
> Hope he gets the Kaepernick treatment incompetent
> for HC position and untrustworthy another Jonathan
> Martin.
>
> Time to move on, not that worried about the lost
> picks

Exactly. We did so well in free agency we just used everyone else picks. Screw them. Its over. We are contenders again. Why look backand be miserable!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 03, 2022 04:21PM

TCPF wrote

"Exactly. We did so well in free agency we just used everyone else picks. Screw them. Its over. We are contenders again. Why look backand be miserable!?"

In sports these days a lot of teams realizing 80% of picks are a roll of the dice and moving them for proven commodities. Never understood NFL logic where teams wouldn't give up a top pick for a top WR. Phins figured it out with Hill move

Jury out on Iggy and OL picks and remember Dion Jordan, Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers

Date: August 04, 2022 12:27AM

Ronnie Brown was a Great player but not when we needed a QB .......Aaron Rogers!?I remember that draft. And he sat for 6 seasons!!confused smiley

Dion Jordon still makes me sick when you mention his name. Crazy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 05, 2022 09:00AM

It kills me that we could have had - no stretch here, many were predicting it would happen as we had the opportunity - Drew Brees 2x and Aaron Rodgers. The draft being an 80% crapshoot is probably not hyperbole. I look at the drafts when Jordan and Brown were selected, and we were not alone in thinking or being at the mercy of the talent at the top of the draft in those particular years.

Brown was 1 of 3 RB selected in the top 5. None of them were worth the slot. But many have argued for the first several years of Alex Smith's career that he wasn't remotely worth being in the top 5, let alone #1. Braylon who again?

Dion was a special kind of bust pick, but only Lane Johnson has been exceptional as you look through the 1st half of the 1st round that year.

I know you can't build an entire team of high-level vets acquired for picks - the economics simply don't work year over year. But, they seem to work out better than many GMs would seem to think as indicated by how they behave.

What we gave up for Tyreek was the 29th & 50th overall picks in 2022 + some lower round stuff. I believe he's a top 5 receiver with the kind of top-end speed and separation that is even more unique and seemingly a great fit with our team & system. A deal I would have made fo sho.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.