HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tyreek Hill onn working with TUA:
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tyreek Hill onn working with TUA:
Date: May 24, 2022 11:59AM

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill on QB Tua Tagovailoa:

“Tua actually has one of the prettiest balls I’ve ever caught him in my life... Tua is a very accurate QB.”

“I’m very confident in my QB… the sky is the limit for that guy. Heck of a talent. Has crazy arm strength, arm talent.”

Hype? Is Tyreek just being a team player or is he that confident in TUA?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyreek Hill onn working with TUA:
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 24, 2022 12:36PM

My opinion it's some of both, but probably more of the former than the latter.

My understanding is that his continued hip healing/strengthening has had a positive effect on what would be seen as arm strength/talent. I.e. he can throw better with a healthier hip. But to have a guy used to catching from Mahomes call Tua's arm strength "crazy" might be a bit of hyperbole :-)

That said, I think the more important things to seeing Tua take a significant step forward are:
- better offensive coaching (system, playcalling, player dev)
- better OL
- better WR talent
- better mental understanding & on-field processing of a play's potential and his best option (which, sometimes, is to throw it away or take an easy sack)
- better run game

I think Tua has enough arm strength - when combined with his strengths of accuracy, timing, pocket presence, etc. - to threaten the whole field. I'm not saying his threat of the deep portion is the same as Herbert's or Mahomes'...but sufficient.

Date: May 24, 2022 02:51PM

No doubt all good points above..........All the things you mention are things Tannehill never had either. Especially early coaching and Oline. Thats going to be the difference. Terrence Armsted is a LEGIT right tackle that will protect TUA. Connor from Dallas has a ton of potential. Its that Center spot that still worries me.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 25, 2022 07:32AM

Yeah, I've advocated for an elite FA + a proven FA to put on our line to stabilize it enough for the young talent to develop well. Ideally, it would have been done, in my opinion, 2 years ago. But, I think Armstead + Williams basically fit that bill...better late than never, I suppose. I like how Hunt has been able to perform & develop in spite of suboptimal circumstances, but I'm "hopeful but far from comfortable" with the development of Eichenberg, Jackson & Dieter as our young draftees competing with others for the final 2 spots.

I wish I were more able to personally evaluate OL, but I'm not, so using PFF JC Tretter has been consistently highly rated...played 94% of snaps last year. When I look at the other FA options at center, none really come close. Maybe they're waiting to see if the price drops on him?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.