HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins get Tyreek Hill
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins get Tyreek Hill
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 23, 2022 07:51AM

Phins get Hill for 5 picks

Gave up 29, 50 a 4th and 2 in 2023. A lot for a non QB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2022 07:59AM by jlyell13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins get Tyreek Hill
Date: March 23, 2022 08:22AM

Goes to show when you pay $200 million for a QB , won't be able to afford much else. TUA will have no excuses .

Damn 5 picks though. I really wanted that Olineman Daniel Faalee.

Hill and Waddle. Sick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 23, 2022 08:41AM

Gave up to much.... hope it works out

Date: March 23, 2022 09:51AM

It will be a boring draft with nothing on day 1 , and late on day 2.

Tua better be practicing those bombs!

With Wattle and Hill even Teddy Bridgewater can't miss!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 24, 2022 04:52AM

The acquisition of Hill may be a serious boon for Gisecki. In KC, Kelce already had a couple nice seasons before Hill arrived...but after, he never dipped below 1000 yds/season and averaged 8 TD/season. As run blockers they're clearly different, and Tua isn't Mahomes. But, in the passing game much of what Kelce was able to do was a result of defenses having to honor Hill's speed and giving extra room for the athletic Kelce to generate major YAC.

Everyone should benefit from Hill's presence, but MG might be one who benefits the most.

Date: March 24, 2022 05:19AM

Those are great points. Hill might not put up extreme numbers but they will have to double team him. And that directly benefits a player like Giesicki. Imagine a Waddle, Hill Giesicki, Parker set. drinking smiley
Also explains why Duke wasn't signed and they went for a blocking fullback.
This is gonna get fun to watch AND our defense won't give it all back. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 24, 2022 07:56AM

I could actually see that set subbing Bowden for Parker and Bowden doing some of the Swiss army knife stuff Deebo was doing for SF last year.

For me, a lot of what's good about these moves is that the sum of the parts may be greater than the whole. A big potential example in my mind is that we'd have the possible reality of never truly be out of a game. In years past, with our protection, weaponry and system, I felt like if Buffalo went up by 10 it would take an absolute miracle to get back in the game let alone win it. Our receivers weren't really a threat collectively to break one at any moment...our playcalling didn't really take a lot of chances downfield...and even if they did, our OL couldn't give enough time for it to develop. Having Hill + Waddle should give others more room and opportunity to impact, and they themselves are genuine threats to take it to the house any time they get a crease and a well-placed/timed throw.

As I think more about this trade, I remember thinking a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be disappointed - if his head was back on straight - if we traded our #29 to ATL for Ridley, who had a great 2020 but not nearly the impact or year-over-year consistency of Hill. While the 4ths and 6th are picks I value, the real difference in terms of picks is the 2nd rounder. I basically view it as a MAJOR upgrade over what I would have thought was a pretty good move at the cost of a 2nd, basically. The money side is different, but with Christian Kirk getting $18M/yr and never cracking 1000 yds, my guess is that resigning Ridley would have been a good jump more when he came due if he performed even reasonably well for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2022 08:06AM by tsstamper.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 24, 2022 09:28AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will be a boring draft with nothing on day 1 ,
> and late on day 2.
>
> Tua better be practicing those bombs!
>
> With Wattle and Hill even Teddy Bridgewater can't
> miss!!

Yeah, I may not even watch day 1, or maybe not even day 2. Of course, Miami could always trade up, but unless they use the 2023 draft, they have no ammo to move up.

Yawn.

Date: March 24, 2022 09:36AM

Here's the official list:

Round 3: No. 102 (from 49ers)
Round 4: No. 121 or 125 (from Steelers)
Round 5: No. 158
Round 7: No. 224 (from Texans through Patriots and Ravens)
Round 7: No. 247 (from Titans

So we are out of the top 100. No biggie....but we could move up a few spots by trading #5 and 2 #7s.

If someone they really coveted was there in the 3rd I could see moving up a few spots but I definitely don't see any round jumping. Shame there were some really good Oline prospects that should have made it to the second round.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 26, 2022 08:17AM

Getting Hill was a HUGE move. He's one of the most dynamic WR's in the NFL and will make a big and immediate contribution to the Phins offense. It's obvious that the new HC McDaniel with his offensive mind wants to build around Tua along with the other FA signings.

This season Tua will have the opportunity to prove he was a worthy investment, and if he doesn't produce his chances of being Miami's starter in '23 will probably be very slim. I'm hoping the management continues to strengthen this team's capabilities. I'm hoping this will be the year that the Phins finally earn respect for a change and be a contender.

smileys with beerRe: Phins get Tyreek Hill
Date: March 26, 2022 01:48PM

With protection, a decent running game......we won 8 games with Shite. Don't see how we don't win at least 12. 4 more games.maybe more. A whole lot more.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 26, 2022 05:33PM

When this first made the news, my first reaction was that we gave up too many picks.

Then, when I noticed that the local sports announcers (Boston area) have been crapping themselves over this move, I decided that I like it. thumbs up

Date: March 27, 2022 04:58PM

JC wrote

When this first made the news, my first reaction was that we gave up too many picks.

Then, when I noticed that the local sports announcers (Boston area) have been crapping themselves over this move, I decided that I like it. thumbs up

Same here but someone said point wise it was like moving all to move to the 11th pick, so Hill worth it and will make others better. Still think other trades in the works

Date: March 27, 2022 05:06PM

tsstamper wrote

" could actually see that set subbing Bowden for Parker and Bowden doing some of the Swiss army knife stuff Deebo was doing for SF last year."

Agree and think we will see Bowden and Wilson as 3 & 4 and watch Trent Sherfield & River Cracraft's (Great hands) tape. Could be under the radar additions, Devonte Dedmon also

Think Parker will be traded

Date: March 27, 2022 05:29PM

Yeah, I've liked the circus and clutch catches over the years, but I think Parker - assuming we can get relatively decent value (say 4th round or better) - will be traded. I think they'd be tempted to trade him for even less, honestly.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: March 29, 2022 05:50AM

Life will go on without many picks in the upcoming draft. We now have a very strong team on paper. Now, it all must gel so we can finally win our division in 2022. thumbs up

Go Dolphins.

Date: March 29, 2022 08:09AM

I'm hopeful that our moves outpace New England's, and on paper they seem to so far. I'm optimistic about McDaniel and our offense joining our defense to balance the team strength. I think NE will really miss their long-time OC.

In 2021, it seems like most of Buffalo's losses were instances of them simply underperforming. They laid eggs against PIT, JAX and IND. They lost a weird weather game against the Pats and legitimately lost tough-fought games against stiff competition with TB & TEN. When they were "on", they won the games they were supposed to by a wide margin. They averaged 30.5 pts/game in their 2 against us, while we averaged 5.5.

A common thread in losses was BUF giving up a ton of rushing yardage. In 4 of their 6 losses, they gave up an average of 192 yds. PIT & JAX were simply egg-layings, as they didn't even give up big rush yards and lost. I'd say our best chance of winning against them next year is:
- big rushing games...control the clock, limit their chances
- defense can't allow quick scores or numerous chunk plays...gotta wrap up Allen
- Tua has to make critical 3rd-down throws to keep drives going. I like our chances on this one much better with quick/fast receivers who can get open fast and maintain some separation and our upgraded OL.
It's a pretty tall order, and I don't see us having a good chance if we don't do these things well. But, I feel much better about our chances than I did last year.

Re: smileys with beerRe: Phins get Tyreek Hill
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 03, 2022 05:38PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With protection, a decent running game......we won
> 8 games with Shite. Don't see how we don't win at
> least 12. 4 more games.maybe more. A whole lot
> more.smileys with beer

RE: Except that we have a very tough schedule, may not be all on the same page by game one, and there are a ton of very good teams in the AFC now.

Date: April 04, 2022 06:17AM

True....they all got better also. But we missed the playoffs by a **** hair.
This year we make some noise for sure.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.