Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Deshaun Watson cleared of criminal charges.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Deshaun Watson cleared of criminal charges.
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 12, 2022 12:40PM

That's right boys and girls. A Judge looked at the lack of evidence, interviewed all the "Victims" and was unimpressed.
The Civil case was not dismissed but, also suffers from the lack of evidence.
The fact that the entire case was driven by a lawyer/politician should have raised a red flag. At least the Judge saw through it even if many were shocked by the sheer number of "victims".
No evidence and it's just a case of he said she said.
Bottom line, Miami flubbed another opportunity to land an elite QB and will roll with the little fella with the limp.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deshaun Watson cleared of criminal charges.
Date: March 12, 2022 12:50PM

No doubt. This was completely driven by 1 lawyer who was leaked "information" about Mr. Watsons personal massages. This Lawyer is a diehard Texans fan with seats on the 50. He interviewed them all and promised them a ton of cash to sign on the dotted line.

Tell you what. Whoever gets him will have a hard time containing him in the barn. This goes beyond Chip on the shoulder . Hes a young stud with vengeance mixed in with alot to prove. If you get a coach to harness that The NFL wont know what hit it.

In Miami's defense The Texans are just being completely unreasonable. Miami didn't pass on him....... The price is just insane. I'm pretty sure Miami would give them 3 first rounders , this years and next seasons 2. And TUA . But If you offer them 3 , they want 4. F them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2022 12:54PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: March 13, 2022 06:37AM

For sure the price the Texans are asking is steep but, when you look at the number of 1st round busts that Grier has to his name so far it doesn't seem as daunting. Say if you could trade three of our recent 1st round picks, Iggy, Jackson and Tua for Watson, would you do it? Of course you would, and yet, We still have Iggy, Jackson and, Tua, Grier still has a job and, Watson will be taking another team to the play-offs.
Why did Miami slam the door on any possible trade for Watson last week before any of this came out? Why not just wait, listen and keep your options open?

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: March 13, 2022 06:42AM

Great questions . I have zero Information, but my spidey sense is telling me that Watson was a Flores want. So Grier said No thanks. Maybe? I don't know.

But yeah a bidding war for him is dangerous. What we had in our favor before is he seemed to want Miami as much as we wanted him.Now hes up for the highest bid.

I got a feeling hes going down to the Bayou. Deshaun Watson in NOLA would make them INSTANT contenders again

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2022 10:37AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:15AM

I think it's clear why we don't want this guy.
1. No criminal charges will be filed, but there are STILL 22 civil complaints for sexual misconduct on him. Do you really want this guy as the face of the franchise?

2.He hasn't played a football game for at least a year. Yes, he's young and maybe talented, but will he be the player that he was? and for how long?

3. Why did he want to come to Miami in the first place? Is it because he thinks we have a chance at the playoffs? No, it isn't. He wanted to come here because he'd be close to South Beach. Apparently, partying is uppermost in this guy's mind. With this guy's obvious immaturity, having your franchise QB wanting to play for you because of the proximity to one of the biggest party playgrounds in the world is just asking for (more) trouble.

Rick

Date: March 14, 2022 10:27PM

Did you read my post?ALL 22 complaints were handled by the same lawyer. Completely contrived. Lawyer is also a HUGE fan of the team.It was only 1 complaint......and she was paid. By yes that same Lawyer drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 15, 2022 04:48AM

That lawyer, Tony Buzbee is more than a HUGE fan, he's a SUPER fan. He once reached into his pocket and paid for a half dozen billboards around the Houston area advocating for the Texans to draft Johnny Manziel. He's the type of Super fan that when the QB of his favorite team wants to go elsewhere, the SUPER fan takes it personal. The criminal case fell apart due to a lack of evidence and the civil complaints also suffer from the same lack of evidence yet many have already decided that the guy's a creep due to the sheer number of complaints. The possibility that all 22 complaints are legit is somewhat remote. The court of public opinion is what Buzbee was playing to, that's all he's got. To answer 4545's question, the reason Watson wanted to come to Miami is the lack of state income tax, just like Texas. On 10 million a year it's considerable. That and South Beach.

Date: March 15, 2022 09:14AM

YES. And in Miami the Masseuse tuggers
Don't rat. A friend told me. grinning smileythumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 03:31PM

Gentlemen: you are entitled to your opinions.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.