HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Russell Wilson to Broncos
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Russell Wilson to Broncos
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 08, 2022 09:34AM

Broncos going for it

Broncos get: QB Russell Wilson, fourth-round pick
Seahawks get: two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a fifth-round pick, QB Drew Lock, DL Shelby Harris and TE Noah Fant

Seems Phins could have beat it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Russell Wilson to Broncos
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 08, 2022 11:07AM

I don't know whether we could have beaten it or not, but I definitely don't see it as the Broncos getting him at a discount or anything (not that you were implying that).

Noah Fant has seemingly been worthy of his low-1st round selection and he's a proven quantity vs. an unproven future 1st-rounder. For me, he is sort of getting a third 1st-rounder in the deal since he's still on his inexpensive rookie contract.

Also, I hadn't known how highly PFF rated Shelby Harris for several of the last few years. He's on a vet's salary, so not cheap but certainly not super expensive if he contributes like he often has.

Drew Lock - I don't have much of an opinion on him. Inexpensive rookie deal...good arm talent...but hasn't lit up the field.

In the end, it seems like 3 1sts, 2 2nds a really solid vet...a QB with talent who may develop.

Date: March 08, 2022 03:26PM

They could have blew it and picked Flores as head coach........John Elway is a winner. He's proved it time and again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:35AM

When it comes to QB's, John Elway doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Just look at a list of the players he's brought in to play the position. That's why it was deseminated widely and loudly by the Broncos that he didn't have anything to do with their QB search- or the acquisition of Wilson.

Rick

Date: March 15, 2022 09:17AM

Since John Elway took over that team's a winning franchise. He's a winner and can delegate as well as make decisions.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 16, 2022 03:27PM

Elway may know something about most positions on the field, but he has no clue about qbs. You can pump him up all you want, but look at the qbs he's brought in- a poor group at best. So, he bows out of this qb search, and...BINGO!

Rick

Date: March 17, 2022 03:34AM

So he had no input? The President of all football operations didn't help negotiate such a major position and transaction? He just went home watched Netflix and came to work the next day with a new QB?eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 17, 2022 04:03AM

Yep, George Paton is the reason Wilson is in DEN. Lock Elway in his office and let Paton handle the decisions.

Date: March 18, 2022 05:07AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, George Paton is the reason Wilson is in DEN.
> Lock Elway in his office and let Paton handle the
> decisions.

Pretty sure Elway made the decision to let Patton decide anything. Great leaders delegate.Im pretty sure the decision to get Wilson was brought before Elway to ultimately sign off on. Wilson knows it's a quality organization and who is at the top. That's why he signed there and not here

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2022 05:13AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: March 21, 2022 06:46PM

TCPF, you are wrong. Look it up. The Broncos made it plain that Elway, who has a terrible track record on the QB position, wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with this QB search. If he had anything at all to say about it, it wasn't until it was a done deal and, as the general manager, he had to acknowledge the trade. Nothing more.

Rick

Date: March 22, 2022 08:44AM

If you have an article saying g that I'd like to read it.

"It’s no secret, Elway wants to explore all options at QB this off-season.
Since John Elway joined the Denver Broncos front office, there has been an annual search for the long-term option at quarterback. Unfortunately, despite exploring the draft, free agency, and the trade market, Elway has been pretty unsuccessful (except for the signing of Peyton Manning)."

That's one article, here's another:

"Elway, a Hall of Fame quarterback, has turned out to be awful at finding quarterbacks. This is surprising, because for a while it seemed like he was a brilliant executive. After taking the reins of the franchise for which he played his entire career, Elway instantly turned the Broncos around. His first draft pick, in 2011, was game-changing All-Pro pass rusher Von Miller. A year later, he brought in Peyton Manning as a free agent. After missing the playoffs in each of the five years before Elway became GM, the Broncos made the playoffs in his first five seasons on the job. Three years after Elway took over, Denver reached the Super Bowl. Two years after that, it won the Lombardi Trophy for the first time since Elway’s playing days. The same understanding of the game that made Elway a Hall of Famer on the field apparently allowed him to excel in the front office, identifying the talent that could build a successful franchise."

Since 2015 though he's had no such luck. So they bring in Paton. But no way the President of football operations isnt in on it. And Wilson knows Elway is still large and in charge . Elway brought in Manning. No way he didn't recognize the same greatness in Wilson.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 22, 2022 05:13PM

I wish I could tell where I read it (or heard it), but I watch and read so much about the league that I just can't recall. Pro football has been my only sports interest since 1961, so that I immerse myself in the league so completely that sometimes it's hard to recall the origin of any particular bit of information that I have come across. Sorry.

Rick

Date: March 23, 2022 04:47AM

Here is all I'm saying.....no doubt Elway has had red flags drafting a QB. But hes man enough to admit it and called in help. That's a leader IMO.

But Wilson is a free agent champship elite QB. Patton or Elway didn't have to really watch tape and decide what they had. Even the Jets couldn't F that up. Just a matter of getting HIM Intrested in them. Not the other way around. And Elway is a positive not a negative.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.