HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Superbowl thread......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Superbowl thread......
Date: February 12, 2022 10:38AM

So what's everyone doing? I finally have enough seniority that I can take off. Lots of drunken neighbor fights, noise complaints, domestics, DUIs. Mostly Jet and Patriot fans........

Have a nice barbque planed. Firepit.

I really couldn't give a shit who wins. But I guess I'll root for Burrows. Seems like a good kid and he really came back from a bad injury.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Superbowl thread......
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 13, 2022 04:45AM

I like Stafford and Burrows. Hard to pick sides in this one. Both have great arms....

Good luck to both teams. I will be satisfied to see a good ball game. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: February 13, 2022 04:56AM

Yes!! My older son made the point that Stafford suffered for yrs on probably the NFLs worst Franchise... the Detroit Lions.He deserves a championship. So it could go either way I just don't care.

My neck of the woods has just been crazy the past 2 yrs. People moving here in droves. Not enough cops. I Work 20-30 hrs a week OT.Im really looking forward to relaxing some tonight.

Enjoy the game!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: February 13, 2022 06:36AM

TC--

Growing up in Queens I was active in PAL. My dad wasn't in law enforcement but had numerous detective friends that often came to our house to play cards and eat pizza. That was in the late '50s and early '60s. Our neighborhood, mostly Irish heritage, were baseball was king and Dads were tall NYPD cops. Us kids learned to be respectful of policemen...they were good people and had nice families. It's a shame respect for law and order and respect for others has turned sideways. My Dad used to tell me about the Irish cops that walked the beat where he lived as a kid in Brooklyn. Stupid kids stuff would be overlooked with a warning. Arrests, few, but if things went awry, the cop would bring you back to your home. Having a cop knock on your door with your kid in tow...that was shameful and changed one's attitude quickly, my Dad said with a smile. Respect makes a difference. Hang in there...nothing stays the same for long.

Enjoy the ball game tonight. thumbs up

Date: February 13, 2022 07:20AM

I grew up in Staten Island and it was basically the same. I definitely respected the PO PO .

Where I live respect for LE isn't really an issue. I am very lucky to work and serve where I do. But the population is growing so fast . And the call volume is just growing and growing they are not keeping up by hiring more.

I'm asked to stay late every shift. I hit the drop in October and hopefully retire fully in Oct.2027.Be nice if we had a championship by then too........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 14, 2022 07:50AM

That was actually a very enjoyable game. I did not realize that Cincinnati had that good a defense. I didn't care about the outcome but after I saw reciever Higgins face mask Jayleen Ramsey for a touchdown......I went for the Rams. Cincinnati continued to play dirty and did you see Burrows hat and suit before the game? He looked like Jim Carreys character in the Mask. Couldn't route for anyone dressed like that.... .grinning smiley

Allrighty..... Let the Rollercoaster Dolphins off-season begin.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: February 15, 2022 08:12AM

I was pulling for Matt Stafford to win this and I'm so happy he did. He's been a total class act for the last 12 years on a sub par team and you NEVER hear any drama about him. He really deserved this. Burrow is young with a long career ahead of him, pay your dues boy.

There's several other players for the Rams that I really admire. Cooper Kupp - What else can you say about this amazing WR? So much talent, I think he's the best in the league. Aaron Donald - What a beast! Nothing else needs to be said about him. My final sentimental favorite, Andrew Whitworth. What a war horse. 40 years old, 6'7", 330 pounds complete with a grey beard. He can retire with a smile on his face now. Although there are so many other great players worth mentioning, these are the guys who really stand out to me. I enjoyed that game very much and am very happy with the outcome.

Date: February 15, 2022 12:35PM

808phan.....I agree. The Rams are a class act. Great players .Watching them showed me how far Miami needs to go to still compete.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.