Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Aaron Rodgers might be looking for a new team.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Aaron Rodgers might be looking for a new team.....
Date: January 24, 2022 06:39AM

Poll
Do we go for Aaron Rodgers if available?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
7 votes were received.
YES!! 2

29%
No. Stick with Tua or build for the future 5

71%

It's the off season , we have nothing but time. Discuss:

"Aaron Rodgers Considering Pulling A 'Tom Brady' After Green Bay Packers Loss: 'He Is Looking To Give It A Go With Another Team,' Source Spills"

New Coaches, do we grab a guy like this and go for broke with an already killer defense?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2022 06:42AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aaron Rodgers might be looking for a new team.....
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 24, 2022 09:02AM

Rodgers would be looking for a "win now" ready team and, Miami is not it.
Besides, Rodgers has turned into a bit of a head case with his non football related distractions. I used to like the guy but, he's not a realistic fit and certainly not the future beyond a year or two.

Date: January 24, 2022 10:36AM

Everything he has said or done off the field resonates with a ton of people. But besides that I agree with you totally about him looking to win right away.I think Miami is alot closer then you think. Resign Giesicki and OGBAH. Trade TUA . Get a consultant for the offensive line and invest there and special Teams. The defense just needs to be tweaked a little they are super talented. A Guy like Aaron could step in and take it all all the way.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 24, 2022 12:32PM

No to grandpa. He is almost done. Why would we bet to win superbowl in an over the hill qb?

Date: January 24, 2022 01:10PM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No to grandpa. He is almost done. Why would we bet
> to win superbowl in an over the hill qb?

Far from over the hill. He didn't play those first 6 seasons . He's very lean , and played strong last season. He's got 3 more elite seasons in him IF we fix that Oline. Even at 38 I trust his body and injury history 10x more then TUA.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 25, 2022 09:59AM

I think Rodgers isn't much more than a 1-2 yr option @ QB, but the possibility of playing beyond that is much more of an option than it used to be.

In terms of "win now", I think our D (especially if we resign Ogbah as our only truly significant FA on that side) is good but I hesitate to say SB capable even if paired with a good offense. For whatever reason, this is a "today" revelation for me. But, I look at every time we've played an elite, deep-into-the-playoffs team over the past 2 seasons and our D has allowed:
- Buffalo 31
- Seattle 31
- KC 33
- Buffalo 56
- Buffalo 35
- TB 45
- Buffalo 26
- Tennessee 34
So, it can't be said (at least from our history with this D) that they are capable of dominating legit playoff talent defensively.

I do think, though, that a claim could be made that in some of the games the D sort of "gave up" when they knew our offense didn't have a prayer of getting back into the game.

If Rodgers were QB, every offensive position group would need some sort of upgrade with Waddle and Hunt really only being the 2 that are no-brainers to be part of a successful offensive unit. KC showed that you can fix the OL in a single offseason with draft and FA (4 new starters, 2 of each...all playing really well this season)...but we haven't shown we are capable of that many successful hits there.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 25, 2022 02:49PM

I can't see Aaron Rogers in a Dolphins uniform. He will go to a better, more organized franchise. Steelers!

Date: January 25, 2022 02:53PM

Alot of those defensive blowouts occurred when Miami turned the ball over 2-3 times. Howard was also out injured and defense definitely is forced to play differently when he doesn't have that side locked down. And we had a decline on special teams coverage. The defense is far from perfect but it's definitely a very competitive group that playing in the right direction.

Offense looks good on paper but needs a re do. A coach like Harbaugh can help put together a winning offense. The line needs everything. I think we can win with the Running backs and recievers we have. Look at little Grant....hes going to the probowl after leaving Miami. A guy like Aaron would only improve everyone's game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 25, 2022 02:54PM

colonel Wrote:
> I can't see Aaron Rogers in a Dolphins uniform.
> He will go to a better, more organized franchise.
> Steelers!

True. That actually would make more sense for him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 26, 2022 06:52AM

The question was do we go after Rodgers if available..... Yes..... Do I think he would come to Miami.....No

I think he is still one of the 3 best Qb's in football and upgrade at that position. So I would go after him and let Tua learn or trade him.

Miami is no where near Super bowl ready. Need many parts, but Rodgers would be a good addition.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 26, 2022 09:02AM

We don't even know who the next HC is yet. That would be a huge deciding factor for any franchise QB like Rodgers who might want to play elsewhere besides GB. If Miami were just a QB away from being a championship caliber team I say hell yeah, go for it. As far as the age thing goes, look what happened to NE treating Brady as if he were washed up. He goes to TB and helps to win yet another SB. At this point I don't see this team being very attractive with Ross as the owner. Something gives me the impression that he meddles with this team not knowing what he's doing. Sell this team and I bet there'd be major changes for the better.

Date: January 26, 2022 09:30AM

astro34 Wrote:
> The question was do we go after Rodgers if
> available..... Yes..... Do I think he would come
> to Miami.....No
>
> I think he is still one of the 3 best Qb's in
> football and upgrade at that position. So I would
> go after him and let Tua learn or trade him.
>
> Miami is no where near Super bowl ready. Need
> many parts, but Rodgers would be a good addition.

I agree. Especially after colonel reminded me the Steelers are looking for a QB. That's the perfect fit for him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 26, 2022 09:32AM

808phan Wrote:
> We don't even know who the next HC is yet. That
> would be a huge deciding factor for any franchise QB.

No doubt. But that's gonna be Harbaugh. They just making it look difficult for the media and the Rooney rule.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 27, 2022 05:26AM

I changed my mind on taking a chance on Rodgers. He is still under contract and would cost to much to get. Probably three first rounders if not more. This would not be an intelligent move. If he was a free agent like Brady was when he left New England then I would be in favor of the move, but not with him under contract.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 27, 2022 05:43AM

astro34 Wrote:
> I changed my mind on taking a chance on Rodgers.
> He is still under contract and would cost to much
> to get. Probably three first rounders if not
> more. This would not be an intelligent move. If
> he was a free agent like Brady was when he left
> New England then I would be in favor of the move,
> but not with him under contract.

Good point, I totally agree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.