HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          First Sunday of the off-season....... .
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
First Sunday of the off-season....... .
Date: January 16, 2022 03:39AM

It's a long one because we now have 8 months before the preseason starts. HOWEVER the silver lining is watch the Pats get blown out 47-17. tongue sticking out smiley

If we made the playoffs that could have been us. We had a fun 7 game win streak though . The more I read the more I'm hearing Flores needed to go. If we can keep the core starters together we have a shot to actually improve.

The Bills look good. Good enough to beat the Chiefs? We shall see. Bills fans have it worse then Dolphins fans. 0-4 in the big game. They could be setting up for another big loss.

Last week sucked. But I'm feeling better about Miami everyday.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: First Sunday of the off-season....... .
Date: January 16, 2022 04:08AM

This is a very interesting tidbit. Turns out Flores was behind the whole Watson to Miami thing:

Interesting:

Watson reportedly likes the idea of being coached by Brian Flores in New York. Flores hasn’t been offered the Giants’ job at this time, but he’s a candidate for it.

Schultz added that Watson has been in constant communication with Flores to see if they can land on the same team for the 2022 season.

“Deshaun Watson and Brian Flores have been in constant communication trying to navigate a scenario where they go to the same team, per sources. Watson ‘trusts and likes’ Flores and has been adamant internally that he’d like to play for him next season.”

Flores was sabatoging TUA the whole time. It's amazing no one said anything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 16, 2022 11:22AM

There's been so much info floated out there regarding Flores' firing, that it's tough for me to figure out what's likely true or not.

But, if this is true, it would be one of the more unprofessional things I've heard of a coach doing. I've maintained that Tua hasn't earned the right for the team not to be looking at upgrading @ QB. But, there are right and wrong ways of going about things.

Date: January 16, 2022 01:18PM

I hear you tsstamper!I'm trying hard to remain unbiased and objective. But If Flores winds up with Watson somewhere.....that would be really Fed up .

Rumors are that the Texans might even be interested in Flores now and keeping Watson.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 03:23PM

I've seen this movie before.

Fire coach, commence smear campaign shortly there after. Grier keeps his job.

Sorry, but if these rumors were true we would have heard something from a disgruntled former player.

Date: January 16, 2022 03:34PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen this movie before.
>
> Fire coach, commence smear campaign shortly there
> after. Grier keeps his job.
>
> Sorry, but if these rumors were true we would have
> heard something from a disgruntled former player.

How about current players?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 17, 2022 07:18AM

Remember .....

"Is Stephen Ross more in love with Michigan than the Miami Dolphins?"

"If Ross doesn’t think that Harbaugh will be a good NFL head coach, then that would make sense but if he is more concerned about Michigan losing theirs, then it is time for Ross to sell the team to someone who may be far more invested in this team instead of a different one."

"In 2010, Ross flew across the country to hire Jim Harbaugh, a former Michigan man himself. He failed. It was an ultimate embarrassment that was chalked up to an inexperienced owner but now, this year, he has that chance and isn’t taking it."

Ross loved him then, and ROSS loves him now.

Harbaugh WILL BE OUR NEXT COACH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 17, 2022 09:01AM

Why would Harbaugh want to come to Miami? He's a hot commodity. Las Vegas was paying Gruden 10 million per year and has a competitive team ready to make a run. It would take more than a Michigan connection to entice him to come to this dysfunctional mess. Ross might covet him and the timing might be right but, the clown show has been front row center for decades.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 17, 2022 09:23AM

Ross didn't say that he wouldn't hire Harbaugh. Just that he wouldn't take him away from Michigan. If Harbaugh wants to coach for the Dolphins all that has to happen is for him to quit his current job. Then he'd be available for hire without Ross TAKING him.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 17, 2022 09:39AM

I have to laugh. All of this misdirection.

Just saw an article which alluded to Harbaugh being interested in the Giants HC position. Okay. I am "interested" in a a 4-car garage. Guess what, neither are going to happen. What it does suggest, if anything, that for the right price, Harbaugh will leave Michigan and become an NFL HC. It he's got a nose for the money and loves big bucks, Miami is the place to get it. Ross will have his wallet out and more. It's a treasure to take for the asking. This is what my magical crystal ball reveals. winking smiley

(Ross is desperate.)

Date: January 17, 2022 09:55AM

I think this has been the plan all along. It's the only thing that makes sense. He's wanted Harbaugh for 10 yrs. He's been the coach at his beloved Michigan state for a decade. He's in his 80s and wants to win. Harbaugh wants to come back and get a ring.

I think Flores 7 game winning streak got in the way of a flawless firing that was discussed/ hatched last fall after the team went 1-7 and the team was linked with Watson.

Just laying out the timeliness and facts like a cold case .....it's the only thing that makes sense.

Harbaugh is coming to South Florida .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 17, 2022 10:05AM

Then again.....when does what Miami do ever make sense?

confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 17, 2022 03:28PM

Illogical? That's seems to be Ross' pattern with the team. But to fans trying to connect the dots, Harbaugh will be the next Dolphins HC. But then again....Ross will consult the eight ball he must be using to make team decisions. LOL

Date: January 17, 2022 09:58PM

I'm convinced.......Ross reads messages on the bathroom door in his can telling him how to run the Dolphins.

He seems them as acts of god.....someone is writing messages who is a channel for the greater good.

Unfortunately....he doesn't know the cleaning man is a JETS fan......smoking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 18, 2022 06:14AM

But what does Ross do if it turns out Grier and Harbaugh can't stand each other?

Date: January 18, 2022 09:19AM

pafinfan Wrote:
> But what does Ross do if it turns out Grier and
> Harbaugh can't stand each other?

Michigan is Ross's favorite..he gives and gives to that school....All three have probably hung out several times before. A wink and a nod.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 19, 2022 07:46AM

Good point.

Date: January 20, 2022 11:09AM

It appears that several important interviews are pending with the Dolphins. Daboll was already interviewed. None of the pending interviews include Harbaugh. Maybe he isn't coming to Miami after all despite Ross' love for him and Michigan.

Date: January 20, 2022 04:41PM

Anything can happen of course....but Harbaugh to Miami was planned months ago IMO.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 02:58AM

Harbaugh wanted nothing to do with the Dolphins organization 10 years ago and we've bumbled our way through 4 head coaches since then. IMO Harbaugh knows he can do better elsewhere and he's not desperate. My guess is he goes to the Raiders if he even returns to the NFL.

Date: January 21, 2022 06:25AM

Whenever Michigan needed anything.... a suana, a cyro therapy machine, you name it. They needed it Ross wrote the check. No way they havnt been friends all along.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 21, 2022 06:28AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Whenever Michigan needed anything.... a suana, a
> cyro therapy machine, you name it. They needed it
> Ross wrote the check. No way they havnt been
> friends all along. That said......you could still be right. I just don't think Ross would have dumped Flores so quickly if he didn't have somebody waiting in the wings. This man gave Philbin an extention for christsakes!!

He doesn't like to fire people.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2022 05:33AM

And so it begins:

The PFR Team discusses reports that Jim Harbaugh and Stephen Ross have had a preliminary discussion in regards to the vacancy of head coach for the Dolphins. Ross, a Michigan man, doesn’t want to pry Harbaugh away from his alma mater, but Harbaugh seems to be keen on making it back to the NFL.

Supposedly Harbaugh has told Ross " Come get me". drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2022 06:57PM

God damn 49ers eeeeked it out. We will be picking around 11:30 on draft night......angry smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.