HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who is on First/I don't know/third base
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Who is on First/I don't know/third base
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 13, 2022 10:49AM

"Monday, Monday--can't trust that day...."

Flores is out and the hunt for a good, experienced head coach, is needed and hopefully going to happen (this time). Ask any Dolphins fan, and it becomes confusing just like it was with Lou Costello trying to get the names of the players on the baseball team from Bud Abbott. WHO is going to be our next head coach? I don't know....That sticht is still funny today but isn't funny at all when it comes to the selection of a good, experienced head coach. Doing the same thing over the same way every 3 years and expecting a better team is crazy, but here we go again.

Personally, trying to assess the coaching talent is beyond my willingness to bother because my answer isn't worth beans to the franchise. It isn't up to any of us to come up with the "answer." It is all within the purview of the owner and his GM wizard, Chris Grier. One can only hope that the next HC will be able to take the team to the next level of play and be able to stick around for more than 3 years. Who ever it is, they will have a difficult time trying to foster a good relationship with the management while winning and maintaining the trust of the players.

Finally, how long will the hunt take? Have they conducted interviews yet? From the coaching perspective, which prospect is actually willing to take a career chance with the Dolphins franchise? Again, the answer most of us think about to ourselves in this regard is--I don't know.

This off season is going to be l-o-n-g.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is on First/I don't know/third base
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 13, 2022 03:31PM

It's just about certain that we are not in the running for a good experienced HC. Those guys would demand personnel control and would want to choose their own QB since they know they must have results within three years.
No, we'll get a bright eyed coordinator again and hope for the best. Unfortunately, Miami is getting a well deserved reputation as a dysfunctional organization where coaching careers go to die. You get 3 years to produce or get fired.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 13, 2022 04:14PM

The Dolphins brought in dysfunction w/ their last 2 coaching hires. Gase was an idiot and Flores appears to have been a my way or the highway guy . A stubborn jerk who was still wet behind the ears.

Belichick did not think enough of Flores to give him the DC title the one year he headed the Pats D. I think his lack of tenure in the coordinators position played into why he could not draw solid assistants.

Out of the current list of candidates Im hoping like heck we choose Daboll. The deck appears to be stacked in his favor. Moore and McDaniel are 2 bright eyed young genius types w/ not enough experience as coordinators imo and I don't see why they would bring in any of the defensive coordinators they are interviewing.

Daboll has been coaching for 20 years and was Tua's OC 1 year at Alabama. He has put in the time and effort to build a solid and respected reputation in the league. As a head coach I think good assistants would want to coach under him.

Im not sure Flores has the respect of older assistants and enough knowledge to attract younger ones.

Hire the right man for the job and the dysfunction will end.

Date: January 14, 2022 08:34AM

I'm hearing alot of bad talk on Flores now that he's been fired.His issues were kept pretty well contained . No one knew the issues he had with others. That says something for the organization, players.

Say what you want about Flores....he built a heck of a defense. The problem with every Miami Head Coach....including Shula in the 80s....They have built very one sided teams. Either dedense is killer or the Offense. 40 yrs we have not been able to put a total team together. These past two months I think we were closer then ever putting together a complete team. Our offense needed work as did special teams, but we were scoring enough to win.

We need a complete coach that respects both sides of the ball. I'd lean toward a defensive mind because Defense wins games, but be aware we need a running game a few decent throws over 10 yds . We need a special teams that gives us better field position and makes plays also.

If TUA stays healthy he can do that. Oline picks have to be better. That's on Grier.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 14, 2022 09:56AM

Regarding Tua, I think it would be unbelievably helpful to understand:
- how his arm strength compares to Brees' at about the same age
- how much it can be improved (no matter how it compares to Brees')

I think his accuracy & timing are elite-level right now. And, I think he has both the brains & maturity to reduce his mistakes. But, I think players like Brees take a few seasons to really figure out how to leverage their elite traits and mask their sub-par ones.

If we have anything like Brees (and I still think it's a good comp, if unfair because of all Brees accomplished) it would likely be a big mistake to move on from him and the best would be to mitigate the risk of injury with a similar QB (Mariota?) if Tua goes down. If his arm strength is so bad and the ceiling for its improvement is so low that it will never really compare to even Brees, then it's likely best to push hard to replace him but still don't just change for the sake of making change.

My eyes tell me he can make downfield throws effectively with enough arm strength to get it there but leveraging timing/accuracy as a major part of it. I don't think he'll ever be able to throw an out on a rope like Allen or Herbert with super-tight coverage and the ball just gets there faster than the tight coverage by virtue of sheer arm strength. And, I have a hope that he'll reign in the head-scratching throws that are typically downfield and with pressure and he's not good at off-script throwing.

Obviously would be nice (read: critical) for him to have better offensive coaching, OL performance, etc.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 05:08AM

Man I like the way Brian Daboll's O cleaned Belichick's clock yesterday hung 47 points on him. Im imagining what that guy could do in Miami. Bring Ken Dorsey w/ him as OC, get Brian Hartline as WR coach Doug Marrone as asst HC and OLine.

A guy can dream in the off season.

Date: January 16, 2022 05:40AM

Lol.

Harbaugh is our new Head Coach. The rest is smoke and mirrors/ politics/ Rooney rules.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.