HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Final PFF NFL Power Rankings.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Final PFF NFL Power Rankings.......
Date: January 12, 2022 04:13AM

Not that bad actually:

17. MIAMI DOLPHINS
Highest-graded player: S Jevon Holland (84.6)

Miami’s brutal start to the season led to one of the most dramatic split-season records during the PFF era. Unfortunately, the eight-game winning streak over the final nine weeks wasn’t enough to save Brian Flores, with Miami’s ownership and general manager seemingly set on a worthy replacement.

The Bills #4 ,

The Patriots #7. And we SWEPT them!!

The Jets are still in the basement#30.

At the beginning of this season I wanted to be a Top 16 Team and make the playoffs. We came razor close after a 1-7 start.

If we can keep this defense together we got a shot at greatness. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Final PFF NFL Power Rankings.......
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 12, 2022 11:21AM

I like your optimism brother. With that said, my own optimism gas tank for this team is out of gas.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 12, 2022 11:24AM

In terms of keeping the defensive players together, we have a great shot. Ogbah is the only truly significant and scheme-diverse UFA on that side of the ball.

I did a quick look at our cap, and we currently have $73.6M in space with 37 players under contract for 2022 (for context, 37 is about average across the league currently I'd say from eye-balling). If we let go of the following players, we gain another $26.4M cap space at the cost of $2.5M dead cap: Jesse Davis, Adam Butler, Eric Rowe, Allen Hurns, Cethan Carter, Clayton Fejedelem, Adam Shaheen, Greg Little, Michael Dieter. So, we could have $100M in cap space with 28 players under contract. And, those 28 would be overwhelmingly comprised of our primary contributors. I'm not recommending we let all of them go...just pointing out the math and relative contribution to the team's performance.

Typically (and it's not as pronounced with the leauge-wide parity), teams with that kind of cap space have also been relatively gutted of talent and are embarking on or in the midst of a significant rebuild. I've been critical of Grier's inability to get a true, bonafide elite QB and his inability to draft OL. But, we have a pretty good stock of young, currently inexpensive talent.

Will be interesting to see how these things unfold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2022 11:26AM by tsstamper.

Date: January 12, 2022 12:03PM

No doubt. That a ton of good info there! I'm more concerned with the defensive coaches and how the players react . Man we were really making teams pay.

With some offensive upgrades we could be truly dangerous.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 12, 2022 12:31PM

Yeah, I think a lot of the defensive coaching prowess was Flo himself.

On the player side, I like how so many of the key pieces are not scheme dependent. Both CB's - while expensive vets - can cover well. Ogbah (if we resign), Wilk, Davis, Sieler, Phillips - they're all good d-line/edge guys in any scheme. Holland is a good young safety pure & simple. I think we'll potentially see some performance degradation if defensive scheming & playcalling are degraded, but I think it will be mitigated by broad scheme-agnostic talent. Van Ginkel and Roberts, I think, are the most scheme-dependent guys (though I'm not claiming to be all that smart in that regard).

Date: January 12, 2022 01:51PM

No doubt Flores was a huge influence on defense. Maybe Josh Boyer is retained and he's adept enough to run the defense at the previous level?
More likely a new head coach is gonna clean house. That's what I'm afraid of.

Ogbah has to be retained. That's a given .....along with Giesicki.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.