Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          this is why we will win most if not all games this year!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
this is why we will win most if not all games this year!
Date: June 08, 2009 07:34PM

Crowder said Miami installed a package with Joey Porter, Jason Taylor and Cameron Wake in the game simultaneously, and ''Cameron is strong as hell.'' Ricky Williams' perception is ''people don't believe our record reflected our ability,'' and guard Justin Smiley said ''a lot of people are not convinced we're a team to be reckoned with.'' Bottom line? ''We play a lot of good teams, and it's our job to prove last year wasn't a fluke,''People don't look at us as a contender and don't respect us like they should,'' Crowder said. ''Guys were telling me how weak our schedule was, how we got lucky and won a lot of close games. . . . The Patriots say they're the team to beat, but we're AFC East champions.'' all the way. well that to me speaks more about how good we should be this year, alot of ANGRY pissed off guys who are hungry REAL hungry. like ive been saying i feel sorry for opposing teams qb's

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this is why we will win most if not all games this year!
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: June 09, 2009 02:19PM

Ok I'll buy this but not 14-2 or 15-1 that won't happen

i only see us loosing one or two games next year read..
Date: June 07, 2009 09:06AM

as i look at the games, and how events came about in the offeason, i look at the schedual and honestly i dont see us loosing but to houston, and MAYBE one or both pat's games, thats it starting off the season playing agaisnt atlanta, basicaly last yeas MVP qb, versus the comback player of the year runer up mvp which should have won mvp, but, didnt because they have a comeback player of the year award, anyways, we did better this offseason than they did, sure they picked gonzalez, bu we got taylor back, so after a exciting game beating that team, its going to set the tone for the rest of the season, and we will most likely go undefeated up till the houston game, we lost the last 3 games against them and that team is going to be GOOD this year. so that about the only game im worried, maybe the steelers, just do to end of season and injuries, and when we make playoffs do we start starters and such. but that is a perdiction i mean just the talent we have and the coaching staff I CANT WAIT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 09:11AM by dolphinsnumberonestunner.

Re: i only see us loosing one or two games next year read..
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:32AM

I certainly hope your "perdiction" is right, but I think their schedule is too tough to do that well.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: June 08, 2009 12:24PM

you meant losing

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: June 08, 2009 12:37PM

Personally I think you are dreaming.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 08, 2009 05:33PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2009 07:04PM

We have a shot at 12-4, but 15-1. I wouldn't predict that - even after I predicted 11-5 last year.

Date: June 08, 2009 07:18PM

well im glad you dont have high standards, and i totaly agree about how hard it is, but from the team that i saw last year, and the MAJOR improvements this year, why none of you dont think at least 12.4 is weird? i mean do any of you actualy know how dominating the wildcat is going to be ? have you watched any wvu games? and with our defense, you kidding me! jason taylor. porter, and wake in one play all three blitzing? with outstanding corners, to shut down wr's we are going to own teams i feel sorry for opposing qb's this year. not to mention a better o-line and wr's, AND pennington is going to have another solid year like last, he sucked the previous due to injury and being on the crapy jets which played US so again, the man on a MUCH improved team than the jets which is why he is going to own this year, with a BIG chip on his shoulder from last years playoff betdown. im not dreaming im realistic. i know it sounds LUDACRIS but it is what it is a DAMN good talented young team, with a outstanding coaching staff. you tell me a better recipe for success, then ill listen.

Date: June 08, 2009 07:22PM

i would put pennington in the same class, i mean its no like the three qbs previous mentioned had a great cast of talent offense and defense to be realy solid, pennington had none. now he has talent around him and he went runner up mvp with best td, int ratio, and comeback player of the year with a novice o-line and wr core. lol i bet 4000 yards this year, with 23 td's 6 ints. and 2 rushing.

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:45PM

They won't be blitzing a lot at the same time either...

Date: June 09, 2009 07:21AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 09, 2009 07:24AM

> And Pennington, while a good QB, is no Tom Brady.

I, honestly, don't think Brady is that good. His stats have been inflated because of his supporting cast. How many people still think Daunte Culpepper was as good as his stats when me was paired with Moss in Minnesota?

I DO agree, though, that Pennington is a step below Manning, Warner, and Rothilisberger. I'm still not sold on Rivers.

Date: June 09, 2009 07:59AM

Date: June 09, 2009 10:01AM

pennington doesnt have the arm strength, but the pats have had THE BEST o-line period, didnt matter who under center they would have played well, and not to take anything away from brady, but again who have the jets had???? lol pennington is going to shine again this year, resultingin a 2 too 4 year extension, and retire with one or two rings under his belt, giving way for chad henne, to blow up team's for a continous domination of teams for the decade to come. starting with last year's divison win.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 09, 2009 10:10AM

Date: June 09, 2009 10:20AM

thats my point injuries and a crapy team held pennington back alot, i mean come on how many qb's come into a new team, hell new organization within days of starting season, and kick asss like he did? and your worried like he is not goin to at least have just a solid season if not better, surrounded by better talent,and more time to get a solid rythem going, not to mention a MUCH improved defense to give him more playing TIME????? come on you'll all be changing your tune after this season and will jump on board MY BAND WANGON, which youll be greated by women and beer!!! or you can jus jump on now. and be a original ruffneck lol.

Date: June 09, 2009 03:52PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 10, 2009 04:20AM

dolphinsnumberonestunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pennington doesnt have the arm strength, but the
> pats have had THE BEST o-line period, didnt matter
> who under center they would have played well, and
> not to take anything away from brady, but again
> who have the jets had????

The Pats may have had a pretty good line in the past but I would not say they had the best. They have often struggled running the ball but have had success a times.

I predict the NE line will suck this year. They are old and gave up too many sacks last year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 10, 2009 06:08AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 12, 2009 12:05PM

> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > And Pennington, while a good QB, is no Tom
> > Brady.
> >
> > I, honestly, don't think Brady is that good.

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

> Look, I know Brady is the enemy, and I'm not
> suggesting he's better than Marino, but he's a
> GREAT QB.
>

RESPONSE: Agreed, Phinsfan2.

Montequi, you are letting your emotions carry you completely away.

I have been watching the NFL as an adult since 1967.

I would say that in a clutch, Brady would definitely be one of the top three quarterbacks I would want playing that game in the fourth quarter.

First, Dan based on his phenomenal passing skills.

Next, Joe Montana and Tom Brady because of their field generalship and raw nerve.

Come on, now.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 13, 2009 04:13AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > montequi Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > > And Pennington, while a good QB, is no Tom
> > > Brady.
> > >
> > > I, honestly, don't think Brady is that good.
>
> Phinsfan2 Wrote:
>
> > Look, I know Brady is the enemy, and I'm not
> > suggesting he's better than Marino, but he's a
> > GREAT QB.
> >
>
> RESPONSE: Agreed, Phinsfan2.
>
> Montequi, you are letting your emotions carry you
> completely away.
>
> I have been watching the NFL as an adult since
> 1967.
>
> I would say that in a clutch, Brady would
> definitely be one of the top three quarterbacks I
> would want playing that game in the fourth
> quarter.
>
> First, Dan based on his phenomenal passing
> skills.
>
> Next, Joe Montana and Tom Brady because of their
> field generalship and raw nerve.

You're kidding, right? Want to see raw nerve? Look at Big Ben in the last Superbowl! Eli Manning before that! Those 2 made huge clutch plays while being rushed in the biggest game of the season! Brady has made big plays, but that's when he has good protection. He has tended to make mistakes when he's rushed. In fact, that's usually teams' gameplan to defend him. Rush him. Marino was the opposite. Chicago tried to pressure Dan in '85 and he burned them.

Brady has benefited from having a solid offensive line and decent talent around him. He's not as clutch as Marino and Montana when things break down.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 13, 2009 06:13AM

Brady has had decent talent around him? WHO??? Until he get Randy Moss he hasn't had 1 hall of fame player play with him on offense. And the year he did get Moss, Brady broke every NFL single season passing record and went 18-1. Nuff said.

Brady won super bowls with wide receivers nobody has ever heard of. With guys like Kevin Faulk making plays. Brady raised and still does raise the level of play of everyone around him.

To knock him is insane

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 13, 2009 11:46AM

Montequi, dude, you are talking about a couple of big plays in a couple of games for Ben and Eli.

With Montana and Brady, you are talking about a career of clutch performances.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:13AM

1. lot of question marks still - WR, DB chemistry (3rd down defense), ability to run the ball consistently.

2. I need to see how they play with pads on before i can get too excited.

3. We're better, but I think our AFC East got better additions than we did in the off season.

Hope the items stunner mentioed on attitude and the coaching makes us better than it looks on paper

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.