HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Titans: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Titans: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 02, 2022 01:18AM

Good morning everyone. People are still celebrating the new year in my neighborhood and I hope they left a few fireworks for today after the Dolphins play the Titans and beat them in Tennessee.

I do hope the team is focused and not reeling from New Year's festivities. LOL

The game with the Titans (a good team) is surely going to be a test for our offensive and defense, in fact every facet of the game including coaching. The team must "sure tackle" and pressure the Titans without a momentary let up. Put it another way, we need to stick it to them, be relentless, tireless. If we do that...it will be a Big win. Two final words of encouragement...GO DOLPHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Titans: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2022 04:57AM

It's a big game alright. Lose this one and the season is pretty much over and nobody's going to remember the 7 game winning streak.
Win and, I predict the stadium next week will be packed and rocking.

Date: January 02, 2022 06:42AM

This is a big one . I remember pointing out when the schedule came out this game would be a big one. But early on when we went 1-7 I figured it's just another game we will get our asses kicked in. Now things have changed. I don't agree the 7 game winning streak will be forgotten. We went from a team people laughed at to a team every opponent takes seriously. We are still in it somehow. The whole coaching staff and the players need a round of applause for not giving up . I saw a magical defense that Thursday night against The Ravens. We can play against anyone. It's all about the offense. Can they put points on the board to win?

Tremendously improved but not a great offense hopefully we can match up well against a solid but not great Titans defense.

My prediction is Tannehill does not stay in the pocket much. He will roll out and cause turnovers against our Back field.Hes gonna try to show off some against his former team and I believe Miami is ready and make him pay for it. We have to contain AJ Brown. Howard has to earn his paycheck.

Even without Derek Henry they can run the ball. Our CBs need to play almost man to man to keep or DBs , safety, and LBs closer for the run. Tannehill gets sacked at least twice today .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 07:33AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: January 02, 2022 08:20AM

AUSTIN Jackson #73

Has to be canned this off-season. Worst Lineman pick ever. Penalties, no protection. Tua is running for his life.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 08:48AM

Weather is playing a part now. TUA needs to be better. His throws are high and he just fumbled.

We are going to dig a hole our defense won't be able to dig us out of.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 08:48AM

The weather is another Dolphins adversary today. Turnover is an omen. UGH.

Date: January 02, 2022 09:00AM

Ok. Only a 1 score game. 10-3.
We need to focus on the run in this weather with a pass every 3 plays to keep them honest. Defense needs to make Tannehill pay for the abuse TUA is getting .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 02, 2022 09:00AM

No Phins game on TV here as usual but I'm used to it. I'm hoping for a win even though it's a tough start.

Date: January 02, 2022 09:17AM

17-3

We are digging a hole we might not be able to dig out of unless this offense gets its shit straight.

That last past int on Needham was bullshit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 09:19AM

It's not longing too good right now.

Offensively, we are stinking.

Date: January 02, 2022 09:28AM

We need to establish a better run game , hopefully we make the right corrections at the half. Damn I wanted to score at least a field goal before the half.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 09:30AM

Halftime.

If Miami doesn't pick it up offensively we are proving we are just not a playoff caliber team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 09:37AM

Half-time.

Offense is showing its weaknesses. Duke Johnson provides good hope on the ground but Tua's weak arm strength is adversely effected by the cold, windy and wet weather. RT's throws are much stronger and the Titan running game provides balance in their attack.

We need to put RT on his back a few times. However, pressure is lacking to this point.

We need more very short, quick slants and tosses to RBs in open field to catch up. Forget the middle to long passes--not going to happen with Tua.

Titans get the ball first in 3rd Qtr. D-needs to stop them and get offense good field position.

Date: January 02, 2022 09:43AM

I agree Colonel. Start Blitzing every play. TANNY will cough it up.

We need to play smarter not harder. Screen passes, short over center but our oline isn't let TUA set and Pass. TUA doesn't have good arm strength. He needs to plant and whip it. And thus oline , especially #73 Jackson , isn't giving him a chance to let a play develop. No huddle. Quick and fast.

Sigh.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 10:05AM

That field goal attempt says it all.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 10:11AM

I've said it before. Jessie Davis is too slow. He can't block if he has to move.

Tua is afraid to run. That's what I am detecting from his play. He needs to take off once or twice. Also, bringing in Brissett is foolish tactics on short yardage.

Offense is unable to play with the better teams. That's my take.

Date: January 02, 2022 10:45AM

Terrible offensive "sandlot play." We have little to speak of--a damn field goal. The game is out of control and the Titans will win handedly. sad smiley

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2022 11:06AM

Point, set, match.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: January 02, 2022 11:09AM

We must get rid of 73 Austin Jackson and fix that Oline if we ever hope to be competitive against better teams. Our Defense played admirably.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 02, 2022 11:20AM

Sucks to be on the losing end of an ass whipping.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 02, 2022 11:30AM

Until the game got away from us at the end, it was like a series of unforced errors on offense. D wasn't playing as well as they have been, but certainly good enough for the game to remain competitive if the offense had done anywhere near its part.

Tua's throwing in the first half was absolutely atrocious. Guys were open and he was throwing way high...or way short...completely off target. Tennessee wasn't even taking away the short game as well as some opponents have, and even the short stuff was seemingly impossible for Tua to hit. The running game was going decently well, and I agree that Tua could have run a few times to have brought that productive element into the mix. Freakin frustrating that it didn't really seem like the Titans took away as much as we (and in the 1st half, I'd have to say more Tua than anyone else) just completely crapped the bed.

Date: January 03, 2022 04:30AM

Monday morning.

Devante Parker isn't playing well IMO. What I saw yesterday was an inability to run good routes to breakaway from coverage and when targeted not using his hands but more of his chest to catch the ball.
(Does that make sense?) Gesicki is a good receiver, but don't think of him much as a TE. He seldom blocks. He is more of a big WR.

The O-line still is weak in 1) pass protection and 2) a little better in run blocking. Tua can only throw short quick passes. If the weather isn't great, his accuracy suffers and throwing anything close to 20 yards, is a "pig in a poke" (you don't know what to expect). Again, I find his arm strength to be lacking for a franchise QB. Arm strength alone doesn't make a great passer. Timing and accuracy and anticipation all play big roles to round out the great passer.

I agree we need significant improvement with better skilled players on the O-line. Davis and Jackson are okay as back ups only. They lack skills. We need to hire skilled free agents that can step into the role and improve the run and pass blocking to give our QB (whoever it is, next season) to hit receivers that are mid to down field. The QB needs time to assess and throw.

Overall, the team is average and the 8-8 record reflects it. The teams with this kind of record and less wins have the same difficulties as the Dolphins. All will be trying to bolster their O-lines during the off season. We, shouldn't be looking for their cast offs thinking they will improve anything as a Dolphins.

These are my thoughts this morning. I may have more later as the day wears on.

Date: January 03, 2022 04:37AM

I think mentally the defense just gave up in the 4th quarter. It was apparent the offense wasn't going to score anything and even field goals were not happening. This offense needs a complete re-do over. QB , Oline and a reliable reciever opposite waddle.

I love the Johnson /Linsday/Gaskin/Ahmed RB unit. Gaskin actually has great hands. They just need a better Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 03, 2022 05:45AM

That was a disappointing performance all around. The untimely bad calls didn't help either. Needam got pulled down and HE got flagged. That led to a TD.

When we finally had something going on O, Parker got mugged. No call. And the tenn fumble that ogbah came out with? What in the hell happened there.

Those calls didn't beat us but did change the complexion of the game. Tennessee shut waddle down and it just highlighted how little else we have. Parker has had "miscommunication" issues with multiple QBs now. That's on him and his lack of preparation.

Not sure what Tua was doing but he was wildly inaccurate one series, and deadly accurate the next.

Chris Grier can't draft a stud olineman to save his life. I don't think it helps when Flores is constantly churning the staff each offseason. We need continuity on the line. Getting rid of flowers and karras to go with the youth movement backfired. Add in the new, rookie, oline coach and this is what you get. Jackson was serviceable at LT last year. He didn't forget how to play football in one offseason.

This offseason is critical for flores and grier. They need to overspend, if necessary, to fix the oline. They get one more year and if it doesn't work out, the next regime will walk in with 2 2023 1st round picks.

If they trade for watson it will be nothing more than a hail mary to save their jobs.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 03, 2022 07:32AM

Really lost confidence in Tua this game. After the winning streak I was ready to buy in on him but after Sunday’s game Im not sure I want him to be the starter next season. Watson will be an upgrade but I don’t want to trade draft picks to attain him. So now we have a QB problem.

Dieter and Davis are the problems on the OL they both need to go. Jackson and Eichenberg are developing. Jackson (who sucks at LT, guard is his spot) did create some nice lanes in the run game yesterday. He was getting out and making blocks on lbs yesterday. Its imperative in the Phins O for guards and center to identify overloads and assist. Dieter and Jackson are terrible at this again Jackson showed signs of things clicking yesterday, not 100% but more than what I saw in previous games.

Dieter IMO does not play like a veteran he totally whiffed on one of the sacks by not assisting Jackson. Too many times the line gets overwhelmed because the LG,C do not pick up and help out at the overloaded spot. This happened on one of the sacks where Dieter turned to assist Hunt who had his man contained. Hunt, an effective guard is neutralized by playing between Dieter and Davis.

Bad news this weekend, 3 good centers eligible for the 2022 draft decided to return to college (MN, AR, MI). I was sure a good center would be available to us in round 4 next year now that is in doubt.
Im also doubting the coaching staff again. QB, Oline and defense looked unprepared to face the challenge yesterday. We will have an off season with more questions than answers for this team, yet again.

Imo, I think we should spend money to make our defense even better in the off season. Also solidify the Oline in the draft along with drafting a solid RB. If we are going to have a mediocre QB develop this team like the Titans. Win w/ the run game and defense and tell your QB don’t screw things up. It can work.

Im not sure I would put 11/12 mil in Gesicki, I think our offense is TE friendly and we can get production from the spot cheaper. I like Gesicki but he does not get in the end zone enough to get the big paycheck here.

Im tired of Brissett I would bring in Trubisky or Mariota on a 2 year contract.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 03, 2022 02:02PM

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Very poor showing in all facets yesterday. D looked nothing like they did in the 7 game winning streak. Offense was worse than it had been before the streak.

I am not agreeing with some of the posters here; Tua deserves another year behind a decent OL, that will give him time to set up and throw. Tannehill was rarely bothered while passing. Their run game (Foreman) killed us. Just think if Henry was playing. Ugh!

I still say we need a big back (anyone see Zonk, lately?) Doak should have been promoted to the regulars some time back. Miami just can't plow through the line on a consistent basis; fault lies both within the lack of a big back and the OL having issues opening the holes. If Doak is not good enough, let him go.

I would not release/trade Tua until we see what he can do behind a good OL. I would not panic, either; If Miami can get lucky (2023) and have a blue chip QB sitting there when the Fins pick, then grab him. If there is a veteran that could compete with Tua (and doesn't cost a fortune), then get him. I said it before and am agreeing with posters here saying that Brissett has to go. Everytime he comes in, Miami fails to get the first down. If we had a big running back.....?

Anyway, New England is next. If I were Flores and/or Grier, I would play some of the guys who have either not played much but is with the regulars, or promote the guys on the practice squad to see who wants to play. They do nothing on the field, then we know who should not be with the team next season.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 04, 2022 06:05PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Tennessee shut waddle down and it just highlighted how little else we have.

Man, Waddle had the one big catch but was otherwise completely rendered ineffective. I couldn't see if they did anything dramatically different to him than previous opponents. How did they accomplish it? (hoping it's not a blueprint for his kryptonite)

Date: January 07, 2022 04:50PM

Some great posts here guys. We're all in this suck together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.