HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Monday Night Football: Saints and Fins Game Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Monday Night Football: Saints and Fins Game Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 27, 2021 03:42AM

Not much to say but...GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!

Game starts at 8:15 pm. hot smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monday Night Football: Saints and Fins Game Thread
Date: December 27, 2021 04:27AM

New Orleans is getting hit hard by Covid. I think they have a 4th string QB starting? News reports said that They even tried to lure Drew Breeze out of retirement for a game. He declined.

I finally have a day off. I worked 14 hrs OT yesterday because Miami wasn't playing. I'm taking a hike in a little while looking for some wood for my firepit tonight. Got the food all prepared for my smoker.

Its Monday Night!!!!This should be a good one. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2021 07:44AM

I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer but, the SuperDome, or whatever they call it these days, is loud and intimidating. This may be the toughest game of the 3 we have left. I'm not worried about the defense but, I sure hope the coaches have the o-line boys brushed up on the silent snap count. Jumping out to an early lead will quiet the crowd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2021 01:08PM by Hooligan2.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 27, 2021 07:59AM

I can FINALLY watch a Phins game here on the West Coast. I'll be watching cautiously optimistic. As long as this team is motivated to win, they can.

Date: December 27, 2021 09:53AM

It's my understanding that Ian Book (from Notre Dame) will be starting his first NFL game tonight for the Saints. They guy is mobil but who knows if the Saints will allow him to move out of the pocket. If he does it will be interesting for the D. If he stays in the pocket, expect quick slants and the use of the TE to move the ball. The guy has a decent arm and is very smart.

Date: December 27, 2021 02:27PM

I'm not too worried about it. I think the defense has a huge night. Our oline is down 2 starters......hopefully they can do enough to "git it done".......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 27, 2021 03:32PM

Defense!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 27, 2021 04:51PM

Absolutely embarrassing offense. 3 points against a team missing 22 starters? O-line is pathetic.

Date: December 27, 2021 04:58PM

I have a couple of takeaways at halftime -

1) The o-line sucks harder than Linda Lovelace.

2) This bringing in Brissett on 3rd and short needs to STOP. It doesn't fool anybody because everybody knows he sucks.

Date: December 27, 2021 06:21PM

8-7!!!!

Now I'm a little worried about the Titans.but I think our defense can pull it out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 27, 2021 07:19PM

Two more to go, it won't be easy. The team is motivated and I like that. Losing 7 straight and then winning 7 straight just made some NFL history.

Date: December 28, 2021 02:56AM

Watching the game was disrupted when I learned that an old friend passed away. When we were in our teens we built and jointly owned a 57 Chevy Wagon race car that saw strip time. We did that weekly for a couple of years. We did many auto related things together including cruising the beach for girls and dating the same girls we knew. Only memories now, but good ones. Very sad to lose a friendship that spanned over 5 decades. sad smiley

My take on the game is that Tua is relying too much on Waddle to provide offense. Secondly, Jessie Davis remains a weak link and generally the O-line isn't very good providing little time for mid to deep passes. Duke Johnson is a hard runner and I like him. Lindsay is also good.

The victory was earned. More firepower is needed to compete with the Titans.

Date: December 28, 2021 06:04AM

Very sorry to hear about your loss brother. sad smiley

The Titans are beatable but it wont be a cake walk. This will be a true test of our defense . We all know Tanny and what he's capable of so if we get our defensive scheme right we good turn it into a big day for them.

Honestly I think we just played a team with a better defense in New Orleans. And we were missing two starters on the Oline. Luckily our Defense put points up on the board early. Next two games wont come easy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2021 06:05AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watching the game was disrupted when I learned
> that an old friend passed away. When we were in
> our teens we built and jointly owned a 57 Chevy
> Wagon race car that saw strip time. We did that
> weekly for a couple of years. We did many auto
> related things together including cruising the
> beach for girls and dating the same girls we knew.
> Only memories now, but good ones. Very sad to lose
> a friendship that spanned over 5 decades. sad smiley
>
> My take on the game is that Tua is relying too
> much on Waddle to provide offense. Secondly,
> Jessie Davis remains a weak link and generally the
> O-line isn't very good providing little time for
> mid to deep passes. Duke Johnson is a hard runner
> and I like him. Lindsay is also good.
>
> The victory was earned. More firepower is needed
> to compete with the Titans.

My condolences for the loss of your friend, sir.

As for the game and relying too much on Waddle, I see it it differently. He's THE play maker on offense, so use him whenever you can. He's too good to be just a decoy. The coaching staff makes the game plan, not Tua. This o-line is crappy and Tua has to make quick reads; the ball usually comes out in just a little over 2 seconds. If Waddle is the one who has more separation then by all means get the ball to him. He's the playmaker.

Although Tua can and does make some mistakes and forces the ball sometimes, his ability to make quick reads and get rid of the ball helps this team to win games. If we had a traditional pocket passer with this o-line, the QB would get pummeled. Tua has what it takes to get by with a bad o-line. I can only imagine how his game would open up with more time to throw the ball. That being said, I'm glad we have a QB with the skillet to make quick reads and get rid of the ball because he's good at that.

Date: December 28, 2021 09:10AM

I'm sorry for your loss Colonel. When we get into our 60s and 70s it's unfortunately not uncommon to start losing our really close friends and family members. The alternative is even worse.

The reason for drafting Waddle was that he and Tua already had chemistry and it is obviously working but, I'm concerned that defenses are keying on Waddle and that eventually he will get hurt.
It must be a concern to the coaches as well since he is not doing punt returns any more.
Yesterday Parker wasn't targeted once. The really elite QBs spread the ball around to keep defenses off balance.

Get rid of the Wildcat until you figure out how to run it properly.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 28, 2021 11:40AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I'm sorry for your loss Colonel. When we get into
> our 60s and 70s it's unfortunately not uncommon to
> start losing our really close friends and family
> members. The alternative is even worse.
>
> The reason for drafting Waddle was that he and Tua
> already had chemistry and it is obviously working
> but, I'm concerned that defenses are keying on
> Waddle and that eventually he will get hurt.
> It must be a concern to the coaches as well since
> he is not doing punt returns any more.
> Yesterday Parker wasn't targeted once. The really
> elite QBs spread the ball around to keep defenses
> off balance.
>
> Get rid of the Wildcat until you figure out how to
> run it properly.

I (sorta) agree with the comments on Waddle. He is the guy who is always open, and most of the time, Tua connects with him. As far as folks saying he needs to go to other receivers, he has done that; mostly to his TEs.

A slight correction to you, Hooligan....Parker was targeted once. It was a sideline throw where the defender was on him and I believe, Parker knocked the ball away from the defender. However, that was the lone throw from Tua to Parker. In fact, in the early part of the game, I was questioning as to whether or not Parker was even playing.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 28, 2021 11:50AM

808phan Wrote:
> I have a couple of takeaways at halftime -
>
> 1) The o-line sucks harder than Linda Lovelace.
>
> 2) This bringing in Brissett on 3rd and short
> needs to STOP. It doesn't fool anybody because
> everybody knows he sucks.

808phan, I don't think the OL is terrible, as they have done (just) a pedestrian job of protecting Tua and opening (small) holes for the RBs. Hopefully, they will grow into their positions, and the coaching staff will get some veterans during the off season to fill some roles and help the young guys.

As far as Brissett, early on he was brought in for QB sneaks. The league has figured that out, so they now move him around, but, he showed last night that he is not "fleet of foot." He looked very heavy legged when he rolled wide, tried to cut back, and got stopped short of the goal line. Hell, Tua has done that on numerous occasions, and has usually got the first down, or went in for a TD.
Brissett will be gone after this season.

Miami needs to get the big bodied FB to be used on those types of plays. Anyone see Dillon on the Packers? That guy is a monster and is hard to bring down. Reminds me of Csonka. Evidently, Doak isn't good enough to be added to the roster. If that is the case, get someone during the off season or draft a big back in the second or third round of next years draft, and.....USE HIM!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 30, 2021 04:55PM

Colonel: my condolences; I have some friends like that and I don't do a good enough job keeping in touch with them. I will use this as inspiration to reach out to the guys I used to hang out with when I was young. All in a different part of the world from me but I need to make a few phone calls.

RIP to your buddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.