HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins vs. GIANTS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins vs. GIANTS
Date: December 04, 2021 04:57AM

Only thing possibly worse then Miamis Oline is the Giants Oline.They also have a back up QB.....should be like shooting fish in a barrel for this defense.

Interestingly enough I'm seeing the "P" word thrown around alot again. I'm not holding my breath for that....1-7 is hard to comeback from. But 3-4 more games won is not unreachable.

Miami 38
Giants 16

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins vs. GIANTS
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 04, 2021 08:32AM

The "P" is highly unlikely without winning out but, most of those games are very winnable. Two games at home against the Giants and the Jest, one game at New Orleans who are playing their 3rd string QB. Then another away game against El Petardo Mojado and the fading Titans. Get that far and the last game against NE will have a SB feel to it. That game might be worth going to see live.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 04, 2021 10:51AM

El Petardo Mojado and the fading Titans is not doing too good without a running game these days. I always thought he needed a super team around in order to excuse his inabilities as a qb.

Date: December 04, 2021 03:10PM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> El Petardo Mojado and the fading Titans is not
> doing too good without a running game these days.
> I always thought he needed a super team around in
> order to excuse his inabilities as a qb.

Really? How did Dan Marino do without a good team? Not saying Tannehill is anywhere near Dan but give the guy some credit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 06, 2021 05:31AM

You said it. Tannehill is nowhere near what dan was.

Date: December 06, 2021 06:47AM

Rgphin Wrote:
> You said it. Tannehill is nowhere near what dan
> was.

YET he's been to the probowl twice and the AFC championship , the playoffs every season since he left.

The lesson here is to be a great team , to make it to the post season, to win championships you need a great team not a great QB.

Tannehills failures here were not his doing. It's why so many left here and leave to go on to greatness.

My only knock on TUA is his health. If he stays healthy we can with him if we can keep this defense together.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 06, 2021 07:39AM

I really dont care about tannehill he never did a thing for us.

I agree we can win with tua and yes his main problem is his health.

So far the OLine has been keeping him in one piece after the buffalo incident where he broke his ribs.

Date: December 06, 2021 08:41AM

Tannehill gave us 4000 yds a year despite a horrible oline no coaching and not many targets. To say he gave us nothing is WRONG. We didn't win because the team sucked .

Tanny is on another team and I will be rooting against him in 2 weeks but he was an elite QB we let go because of failures in every other aspect of football and every level from bully gate to Coaches like Gase.

I bring this up because it's important this team owns the reason for his failure to be successful in the future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 06, 2021 10:56AM

Cant root for another team. I bleed aqua and orange.

I could care less if tennesse makes playoffs or not.

Date: December 06, 2021 11:03AM

If you really cared about Miami you would see the lesson in Losing Tannehill.

We didn't suck for 7 yrs because of him and if we are ever going to the playoffs and beyond if need to understand why.

Our defense is starting to really make the case for us.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 07, 2021 01:11AM

Maimi's offensive rankings:

QB Pressures: 31st
O-line rating (PFF): 32nd
Pocket time: 32nd
Rush YPG: 31st
Rush YPC: 31st
Receiver drops: 32nd

A 2nd year QB with the worst oline in the league is outperforming Tannehill. He's smart and deadly accurate. He avoids pressure and keeps plays alive.

Tannehill without Henry has turned into a turnover machine.

Date: December 07, 2021 04:38AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Maimi's offensive rankings:
>
> QB Pressures: 31st
> O-line rating (PFF): 32nd
> Pocket time: 32nd
> Rush YPG: 31st
> Rush YPC: 31st
> Receiver drops: 32nd
>
> A 2nd year QB with the worst oline in the league
> is outperforming Tannehill. He's smart and deadly
> accurate. He avoids pressure and keeps plays
> alive.
>
> Tannehill without Henry has turned into a turnover
> machine.

Geez. Why do I even bother anymore. eye rolling smiley

This isn't about who's better . Dan Marino, Ryan Tannehill, Tua.

What do ALL 3 have in common!? Doesn't matter who is starting. Dan was drafted right onto a AFC championship team. Straight to the superbowl. But without help he couldn't do it.

Tannehill wasn't Chad Henne. He had what it took to win but was never given the chance here. The running game made defenses defend him differently. . Now they just blitz him. Can you imagine Dan Marino with a run game and a competent defense?

TUA has ability. He was super accurate against the Giants. He made some sick throws that were dropped. But as good as he can be if he's not healthy what good is it?

I'm pulling for TUA .My boys love him. But he needs the help Tannehill never got here. Mainly a STUD center . And we need a really competent back up for when /if he goes down.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 07, 2021 05:26AM

I'm sure you guys watched the Pats/Barfalo game last night. The Pats are so good they didn't even need a QB to beat the Bills. Scary.

Date: December 07, 2021 05:49AM

jsm Quote: Tannehill without Henry has turned into a turnover
> machine.

Thats because he doesn't have much ability as a qb.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 07, 2021 05:53AM

The Patriots handed off to running backs that kept coming and coming. Their running was a punishing effort. This reminded me of the Czonka days, with Kiick and Morris.

The Patriots won by intimidating the D-line of the Bills. The Bills took a pounding...a relentless pounding. Kudos to the Patriots for finding the right RBs to do that and for an O-line that run blocked with precision.

The Dolphins need to study this game; take notes and use what was being done as the benchmark for a brilliant and powerful running game.

Date: December 07, 2021 06:14AM

Rgphin Wrote:
> jsm Quote: Tannehill without Henry has turned into
> a turnover
> > machine.
>
>
> Thats because he doesn't have much ability as a
> qb.

Fair enough. But then how to you explain rookie passing records, 4000 yds per season despite no running game, No Oline or coaching? Distractions like Bullygate and recievers stabbing themselves?

Remember Elway? How did he finally win a Superbowl? Becuase they put together a competent running game with Terell Davis.

My point is no matter who our QB is he will need our defense to help him as well as a competent Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 10, 2021 03:11AM

The broncos were perennial contenders BECAUSE of Elway. Every QB needs a good team around them and a little luck to win it all.

Tua has crap for an oline, running game, and his top 2 WRs missing time and he's finding ways not to turn it over and win utilizing a rookie WR.

Date: December 10, 2021 03:37AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> The broncos were perennial contenders BECAUSE of
> Elway. Every QB needs a good team around them and
> a little luck to win it all.
>
> Tua has crap for an oline, running game, and his
> top 2 WRs missing time and he's finding ways not
> to turn it over and win utilizing a rookie WR.

Tua has a kick ass defense getting him field position and turnovers,creating points.
Something Tannehill never had . He never had 2 top recievers to be missing. One stabbed himself during a domestic. His Olineman cried like a child claiming he was bullied.
Takes a team to win. Miami is finally putting it together in all areas of the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.