HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Some drafting props
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Some drafting props
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 28, 2021 04:07PM

Grier's taken some some heat for his use of our 5 1st rounders over the past two years, with the most well-deserved directed at the Jackson & Igbanoghene picks last year. Tua's been a lightening rod and, for me, the jury's still out at this point.

At any rate, besides Tua having played really well since coming in against Baltimore:
- our run defense has been very effective since Raekwon returned
- Jackson is a bit better at G than T...not that it's much of a compliment
- Robert Hunt is definitely a keeper - likely a long-term top 1/2 of the league OL
- Waddle - I've been impressed with him all year long doing whatever is asked of him...so happy to have seen him go off a bit today
- JPhillips - dude gets an inordinate amount of pressure and the sacks are coming on
- Javon Holland looks like he could be a top 5 safety in the not-too-distant future
- Eichenberg - not much to say here. He needs to perform better. I'm hoping there's untapped potential, but he's by far our most disappointing of the 2nd rounders.
- Noah - man, not holding my breath. Flores seems to be able to get the most out of DBs, so the fact that he struggles to even see the field is pretty indicting.

Overall so far it seems like we're able to hit more gold in the 2nd round. And, obviously, the Tua pick is the on that will have an inordinate impact relative to other positions whether it goes well or not. Finally, admittedly we're pretty early in all 9 players' careers so they may or may not develop and reach their full potential...just a note looking at it here in the middle of the 2021 season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some drafting props
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 07:00AM

Tua is starting to show what he has and still has not played with a consistent core of WRs yet

I like Jackson at G, I think he will developed there.

I liked Eichenberg at NDame, I blame the coaches for his slow development w/ that dumb @## attempt to play him at G. At minimum he will be a starter at RT.

TCP mentioned that Igbanoghene should be moved to safety and I agree. I think he would be better facing the field. Talent is there. I would move him to safety in 2022 his contract is affordable.

We have to get a strong NT to back up Raekwon, we missed him to much while he was away. We need a solid backup.

See the coaching staff starting to win with this team has made me back of Grier a bit. I would still pressure Grier to replace some of his coaches in the off season.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 29, 2021 01:03PM

It would be amazing if Jackson & Eichenberg develop into legitimate starters. I think coaching has hurt them, and I still think that having 1 legit elite vet OL player and another top 1/2 vet OL would completely change the complexion of the whole thing. With both of those guys on the left side trying to figure out up from down...and Davis at RT showing he simply doesn't have the requisite athleticism, I think our OL plays worse overall than the talent overall. That said, those 2 have still disappointed me to date.

Igbo @ safety - I missed that suggestion, but think it's a good one if only cuz it couldn't hurt :-). Really, there's only potential upside to trying it.

Not really realizing how good Raekwon is against the run, I had told my son that a "big, fat" NT would be a great addition...and they're usually best as FA, since the position isn't too costly. I know NE loves them some big ol' NT play as a cornerstone part of their defensive philosophy.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 03, 2021 05:10AM

Sorry guys one note: Igbanoghene can't cover and maybe we should move him to safety.

But we have 2 young up and coming safeties who are playing very well together.

There is no space for iggy on this team. Maybe someone would be crazy enough to give us a 6th rounder for him. Maybe not.

He is a bust since day one.

Date: December 03, 2021 10:51AM

I forgot which game it was ....but Iggy didn't play corner, they started him as a safety and he was pretty good at helping to stop the run and shallow pass routes and slants.

In college he was a reciever first. He switched to corner in his Jr year. He does not have much experience at the position. WTF qualified him as a 1st round pick is beyond me.

He clearly can't cover people at the NFL level one on one. That's clear. But special teams and certain defensive packages he could be really effective if placed as a saftey.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 06, 2021 11:01AM

I said Who the hell is this kid when they drafted him in the first. Another no no pick for this dolphins org. He was probably going tolast until the 5th or so maybe later because he was too raw. He is still is very raw after a couple years.

Date: December 06, 2021 12:52PM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I said Who the hell is this kid when they drafted
> him in the first. Another no no pick for this
> dolphins org. He was probably going tolast until
> the 5th or so maybe later because he was too raw.
> He is still is very raw after a couple years.
At CB yes. Raw isn't the word.....he just can't play it at the NFL level. But he's a damn fine special teams player and strong safety. Yes he had no buisness being a #1 draft choice. But he has value. When his contract time is up he will be paid accordingly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 07, 2021 05:50AM

When his contract is up he will not be resigned by the phins.

Why would we sign a player and have him innactive almost every week?

Date: December 07, 2021 06:20AM

Your right. He will most likely be signed somewhere else and be hugely successful there. Because that never happens to players here right?

He was drafted at the wrong position too high. We have 11 starting LBs and 7 Starting Safietes. Most playing at high levels like Holland ,Baker and Jones. But he has value. Absolutely.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 10, 2021 07:39AM

He has shown he has very little value since he was drafted. Inactive almost every week. Can run but can't cover. Still as raw as he can be.

No other teams would give a 5th or 6th in a trade to get him. Maybe a late 7th. Maybe. He is been a bust since day one.

Date: December 10, 2021 10:52AM

I think "bust" is incorrect. He's a bust at CB. But he was effective in training camp and a few games at starting safety and on special teams. He was a punt returner in college and a reciever. He never should have been taken in the first round. But he has value as a Special teams flyer, defense depth.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.