HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Panthers v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Panthers v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 28, 2021 03:04AM

The Carolina Panthers face the Dolphins today at the stadium. It should be a good game as I think the teams are evenly matched. If so, does that mean low scoring? Or, does it mean a game where the scores are in the 20s or more? Either way....

GO DOLPHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Panthers v Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Date: November 28, 2021 05:34AM

I predict a rough day for Can Newton. He's all about himself, has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. He's gonna take chances and Miami's Defense will make him pay.

I think the offense does enough to keep the defenses efforts in a W.

Dolphins 27

Panthers 19

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 28, 2021 05:55AM

TC--thumbs up

Date: November 28, 2021 06:38AM

Interesting....

I'm watching the Dolphins weekly live with Kim Bokemper. They show the receivers practicing......highlight on the recievers. They were working drills concentrating on standing eyes closed head back. The balls were being tossed simulating basket catches made in stride.
Could see some long balls this game!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 28, 2021 07:01AM

Didn't catch the show--in the garage removing "clutter" before the big game.

Yes, practicing over the head like Willie Mays catch in the Polo Grounds a long time ago...something may be surprising in the game today. We shall see. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 28, 2021 08:11AM

Is Jessie Davis wearing lead boots. He is s-l-o-w.

Date: November 28, 2021 08:48AM

Blocked punt and 7. Interception of Newton! We have a good game going today! thumbs up Keep it going.

Go DOLPHINS!!!

Date: November 28, 2021 08:54AM

X intercepts Newton. Terrific.

Date: November 28, 2021 08:56AM

Waddle catches a hot one. TD!!!!

Date: November 28, 2021 08:57AM

Not sure I dig the "WADDLE " dance after the touchdown.....but I'll take it!!

Howard is a leader on this team. The bench emptied after he intercepted the ball. He's popular and a motivator.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2021 08:58AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: November 28, 2021 09:11AM

Tua's best game to date. Great pass to Waddle for big gain. Then... Gaskin runs it in for a TD. Love this!

Date: November 28, 2021 09:42AM

I was going to state that this was the best half the Dolphins have played until...the botched snap to Tua as the team was getting closer to try for a field goal. Time expired after the Panthers grabbed the football and advanced it toward their end zone. Ref's somehow found an extra second left and (are you kidding) the Panthers' get three with a field goal. Score is 21 -10 right now. Should have been either 21-7 or 24-7 at the half. Our Center's bad snap to Tua caused this not Tua. Tua is playing better than any previous game, IMO.

Go DOLPHINS!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 28, 2021 10:15AM

D dominating, Tua and Jaylen unstoppable

Date: November 28, 2021 10:41AM

Beautiful--another interception. That's 3 for the D. smileys with beer

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 28, 2021 10:47AM

TCPF you called this one. thumbs up

Good Lord Cam Newton stinks.

One good thing about the Waddle dance is no referee would EVER consider that to be taunting. grinning smiley

Date: November 28, 2021 11:09AM

What an outstanding game for the Dolphins. Everything clicked and it resulted in a dominating game. Congratulations and high fives everywhere. smileys with beer

The team looks like a team and acts like one. It is so much nicer being happy as a player (I suppose) when the team is successful. As a fan it is far more pleasurable when the team wins than to have to complain about what went wrong on an ugly, loss.

Keep it going. It is fun again to be happy.

Colonel

Date: November 28, 2021 11:20AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TCPF you called this one. thumbs up
>
> Good Lord Cam Newton stinks.
>
> One good thing about the Waddle dance is no
> referee would EVER consider that to be taunting.
> grinning smiley

grinning smiley LOL!!

I still cant figure out how this same team took such a slide against some really bad teams? Maybe TUA adds something we cant see on both sides of the ball? Glad they figured it out on defense. Great game. The new RB has promise. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 28, 2021 11:45AM

We were a complete hot mess on offense to start the season - coaching, system, execution...hell, even putting the right players on the field at the right positions. I think that was significantly exacerbated by Tua going down and Brissett being such a different (and in my opinion worse) QB, so our offensive hot mess became truly offensive to the point that it impacted the whole team's attitude and approach (I'm not excusing it, but seeking to understand).

If we take the field against JAX & ATL with just our current state of overall attitude & approach, I think we beat them even if we don't bring anywhere near our A game.

I do remember telling my son when both Raekwon & Tua went down that they are 2 of the 3 I'd least like to see go down (with X being the 3rd at the start of the season). Every bounce was going against us and we were down 2 of our 3 most valuable players at that time...just freakin tough.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 28, 2021 12:28PM

You're probably right. Locker room chemistry is a big part of winning in the NFL. I think the boys finally found their mojo.

Date: November 28, 2021 06:18PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> You're probably right. Locker room chemistry is a
> big part of winning in the NFL. I think the boys
> finally found their mojo.

Howard is a big part of that. Those benches cleared when X got that INT. There is something there we can't see. Those players love him. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 29, 2021 03:46AM

So nice to come home from a road trip and find that the Dolphins won. Key players being healthy makes a big difference, I really wish I could have watched this game.

So let's talk Tua for a minute...Completing 27-31 passes is pretty damn good, I'll take that on any Sunday. I also read earlier in the week that he ranks #2 in the NFL for completion percentage of passes that are 20 yds. or more, with Kyler Murray in the #1 spot.

With that said, perhaps I've been throwing him under bus a little too soon. Staying healthy is definitely a bigger issue of concern than his skill set so I have to give him some credit where it's due.

Date: November 29, 2021 04:20AM

Absolutely. I've noticed Tua doing a few things to help against this lousy Oline...hes been lining up in the shotgun . His fakes are spot on. Lots of little schemes to keep defenses guessing .Even the wild cat. pitchbacks you name it they are doing it and it's help create a few seconds for plays to develop and stretch the field for the running game.it backfired once when TUA missed the snap but overwhelmingly it's been a huge improvement.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 09:18AM

The play calling has certainly been more creative the past 3 or 4 weeks. I have no idea why that is. Maybe someone else is calling the plays now. At one time it was the QB coach, no idea who it is now. The organization is agonizingly tight lipped about what's going on, maybe Tua's problems mastering the playbook carried over to this year and they were only able to get aggressive recently.

Date: November 29, 2021 11:22AM

Looking at his season to date, I'm seeing:
- 1 game (NE) where he wasn't really the problem or solution - the team had to win w/o him being very effective
- 1 game (2nd BUF) where it was just a clunker on his part (and the 1st BUF game would have been if he weren't knocked out so early)
- the remaining 4.5 games he's been pretty remarkably consistent in that small sample size. About 28 completions on 36 attempts...2 TD/1 INT...285 yds.

I think with better OL play and running game, he could get marginally better. Brees in his prime was throwing for 2-2.5 TD/game (with 46 one yr) and a bit over 300 YPG and completion % similar to Tua's 4.5 games. He also had the benefit of developing over his first 4 yrs and then having Sean Payton as his coach. I still think it's a decent comparison overall but will be interesting to see how it continues to play out.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 30, 2021 03:27AM

After watching some game highlights, I have to say that Phillip Lindsay fits the definition of a baller in my book. He made a key block to protect Tua on that deep pass to Waddle. I watched every one of his run plays and for him to pick up the playbook so well after only a few days really impresses me. I think he made an immediate impact to this offense without a doubt.

Date: November 30, 2021 04:51AM

808phan Wrote:
> After watching some game highlights, I have to say
> that Phillip Lindsay fits the definition of a
> baller in my book. He made a key block to protect
> Tua on that deep pass to Waddle. I watched every
> one of his run plays and for him to pick up the
> playbook so well after only a few days really
> impresses me. I think he made an immediate impact
> to this offense without a doubt.

Nice. Good pick up on that block. I didn't notice that. These are the little things that make a team successful. No penalties, tackles,and key blocking. Hes not tall but he looks like a little fireplug.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 30, 2021 06:47AM

Hello long time no see. The problem with the last few years has been we start slow then we have a winning streak and at the very end we miss playoffs. We have to start the year winning some games. This team has a lot of potential and its a shame to waste this potential every single year.

The new Rb looks like a keeper.

Date: November 30, 2021 07:46AM

I remember just the opposite. We started off great. Then injuries pile up and we faded out in December every year.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 30, 2021 08:28AM

Yeah, it seems different regimes have different ways of not putting together a full end-to-end, reaching our full potential season :-).

I'd like to think that Flores' is the more fixable issue as I think it stems from him revamping his coaching staff every year and offseason/training camp not being enough time for them to hit their collective stride. It'd be interesting to see what some continuity brings in that regard. It's so easy to see where Belicheck and his OC simply have their systems fully in place year after year and the work is in continuous pursuit of improvement vs. back to the drawing board.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 30, 2021 12:50PM

On Miami's first defensive series, I would have sworn our DBs missed the bus and didn't get there until the second defensive series.

Also, I am (somewhat) taking back what I said earlier about Tua (Thoughts). I never questioned his football IQ, but I still believe he does not have a cannon for an arm, however, he does well enough to win games. Again, my real concern about Tua is his ability to stay on the field. So far, so good (since he returned from IR). Miami can win with him.

Is this the real Miami Dolphins? They have been playing against teams that are not that good, so once the "easy" part of the schedule ends, we shall see if what we have been seeing during this winning streak is real or not.

But as always, Go Fins.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.