Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins claim Pro baller off waivers.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins claim Pro baller off waivers.......
Date: November 25, 2021 07:27AM

Dolphins claimed RB Phillip Linsday off waivers yesterday. Lindsay made the Pro Bowl as a rookie when he rushed for 1,037 yards, caught 35 passes for 241 yards and accounted for 10 total touchdowns. He also rushed for 1,011 yards in 2019 but appeared in only 11 games in 2020 and rushed for 502 yards.

Could only help at this point.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins claim Pro baller off waivers.......
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 26, 2021 09:53AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dolphins claimed RB Phillip Linsday off waivers
> yesterday. Lindsay made the Pro Bowl as a rookie
> when he rushed for 1,037 yards, caught 35 passes
> for 241 yards and accounted for 10 total
> touchdowns. He also rushed for 1,011 yards in 2019
> but appeared in only 11 games in 2020 and rushed
> for 502 yards.
>
> Could only help at this point.

He may do very well, but he is only 5'8" and 190lbs. That's pretty much what Miami already has on their roster. As we can all see, Miami has trouble picking up the short yardage. They need a big back (what is Zonk doing these days :-)). We still have a big back (Gerrid Doaks). He is 5'11" 228lbs. Because of the need, I can't see why Flores won't activate him and USE him! If he is that bad, then let the guy go so he can join another team and get some playing time. Sometimes, the coaching staff confuses me.

Date: November 26, 2021 10:51AM

No doubt. And they keep pushing Brown .

(Get it? )grinning smiley.

Guys horrible hasn't done anything this season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2021 10:52AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 27, 2021 07:27AM

This is another indication of desperation. Not to say that Lindsay is not going to be productive it's just that he doesn't quite fit the short yardage, bruiser we need to make a first down or get into the end zone from 2 yards out.

It truly is confusing. We need a legit FB. (I miss the Czonka days when D-linemen weren't happy to be on the field facing him.)

Date: November 27, 2021 08:24AM

I miss just the Ricky Williams days....but, we have priorities like resigning Giesicki and Smythe. This is a cheap plug in fix that might pay us dividends.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 27, 2021 06:17PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> It truly is confusing. We need a legit FB. (I miss
> the Czonka days when D-linemen weren't happy to be
> on the field facing him.)

I guarantee nobody misses Csonka more than I do. oh man. Toughest FB ever (got a unnecessary roughness penalty called on him WHILE HE WAS RUNNING THE BALL!). The utmost in reliability.

Csonka is what the game SHOULD be all about, and is what the game has been missing for many years (they all but eliminated the position in the entire league thumbs down )

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 30, 2021 03:34AM

Lindsay did a fine job after only being on the team a few days. I think he's a good fit and he definitely has the right attitude. I like him a lot.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 03, 2021 05:05AM

If we had a Oline that dominates the running game, we would be much better as we are a one dimentional team right now.

The rbs that we have are good enough to win games even without a great oline that open holes consistently for the running game.

Looks like lindsay is just a north , south runner but he hits the hole quick and runs hard as hell.

Just need some holes to gain yards and thats what has been missing. We need the Oline to move people and thats all about strengh.

Our young Oline will get better and stronger once they get older and have more time with the streghning coach. What is the average age of this Oline? 25 years old. They are only kids. They need time to develop. Give em 3 more years and youll see the difference.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 04, 2021 09:28AM

I still think they can (and should have last year) put 1 elite OL FA and another vet OL who's top 1/2 at his position and the line - even with all the youth - would really accelerate the development dramatically. Not much to be done at this point in the season, but genuinely believe it's a key to not having to wait 3 yrs to see if they'll make it to the level where they need to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.