HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mid-week thoughts about upcoming Jets game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mid-week thoughts about upcoming Jets game
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 17, 2021 03:47AM

Yeah, it's only Wednesday but I'm looking ahead to Sunday's game against the Jets in NY.

After the throttling the Dolphins gave to the Ravens, I too am wondering how things seemed to turn around. Was it just a bad day for the Ravens? That happens now and then. Gee, it's just hard to figure out. Evidence of improvement for the Dolphins is sketchy. Was the team just lucky or were they "good" (for a big change). If one didn't follow the Dolphins and simply watched the game with the Ravens one might get the impression the team was a contender. That type of play has been missing except for that game this season.

What are you thoughts on this seemingly miraculous game play?

If the Dolphins play as vigorously as they did against the Ravens, the Jets will be dizzy for the remainder of the season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mid-week thoughts about upcoming Jets game
Date: November 17, 2021 06:33AM

Watching the Game live the defense seemed 1 step ahead of the Ravens and Lamar Jackson all night. At the snap they went directly to the ball.....fast

Did they watch more tape? Don't know what they did to prepare but they got it done. Dolphins defense needs to do it again.

Even the Dolphins of 2-3 weeks ago should be able to beat this hapless Jets team.

The team that played the Jags needs to go away.The Dolphins of last week....energized and pumped needs to show up and stay large and in charge.

We started the season at 12 on the ESPN power ranks in the top 15 and fell to #30 after the Jags loss. Imagine breaking the top 15 again before the end of season? Don't think it's been done before.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 17, 2021 01:04PM

I guess I'd consider Thursday's play to be much more what I expected from them all season...however, that's clearly not how it's played out over the course of the first 10 games. That said, I certainly think it can be a norm and would be reasonable to expect over the next 7 games.

We didn't bring our A game, really, in my opinion...bunch of penalties, 4 sacks allowed, minimal running game. Baltimore didn't bring their A game, but their C game is better than the Jets bringing a B+/A- game.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 17, 2021 01:14PM

Joe Flaco will be starting for the Jets. He has always given Miami fits.

Date: November 17, 2021 02:00PM

Except for TUA we really didn't have any significant injuries. How ... HOW does a team play like they did for 7 games straight....I mean gang raped by the Bills and then suddenly play lights out for the Ravens? We didn't have any significant roster or coach changes. Why? The night game was different, the atmosphere,the lights, fireworks, flyovers.....but that's not gonna last all night. What changed? I can't figure it out but I hope Miami did and can keep it up. Because that defense was INSANE live.I didn't think human beings could be that fast .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 18, 2021 08:43AM

That was an incredible fast dolphins defense on thursday .

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 18, 2021 08:45AM

Ive never seen lamar jackson run on sand. It looked like he was running on sand on thursday

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.