HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thoughts
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thoughts
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 09, 2021 01:24PM

1. Tua may or may not be a go for Thursday.

2. I am now changing my mind about Tua. I had been saying that let him finish out the season, then we will know if he is the guy or not. He is not the guy! Too many injuries. He is sidelined more than he is on the field. Trade time.

3. Devante Parker. Hell of a football player, but he is on the sidelines more than Tua. Time for a trade.

4. $10M for Will Fuller and he has played, what, one game? Dump him.

5. OLine. All very young (except Davis). Davis needs to be moved back to guard. There is talk of shifting the line again, to allow Little to get in there and see how he does. What's to lose; the season has already gone down the drain?

6. Seems like the DLine is improving. Ogbah <sp> is doing a good job, and the other linemen are right there with him. Our young safeties are coming along, also. Holland is the best of the bunch.

7. Will Flores be around next season? I believe he will, but he had better decide on ONE OC, and that OC better be the best he can find (that is available).

8. Grier? Not sure about that one. Is Scott Pioli available, but more importantly, does he want to get back in the game?

9. Why is Ross so hard headed about not wanting the Fins to go back to their throwback uniforms, and that includes putting the "real" dolphin back on the helmet. Even if the Fins don't play well, at least they will look good doing it.

10. Miami has SF's first round draft pick, and unless the 49ers go on a major losing streak, Miami will not have a very good draft position. The Fins will have a pretty high second round pick, unless of course, they go on a winning streak.

11. Is it time for the Fins to move Howard and Jones? Too late, of course, as the trading deadline has come and gone, but when they can, the Fins may need to do it.

12. Back to Tua. I think Miami made a mistake in letting Sinnet go. If Miami trades Tua, they should look for a good back up (ala, Earl Morrall), and grab a rookie from the draft. Anyone on this board follow college football, and if so, what "good" QBs will be available in the upcoming draft?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts
Date: November 10, 2021 03:17AM

All good thoughts.....and I agree mostly. Especially on the logo!

I believe Ross will have to shell out a ton to retro fit the stadium and practice facility if he goes back. He really wanted a championship with that new logo. Needs to happen though. If he went back to the old logo merchandise would fly off the shelf.

I believe TUA will ask for a trade next season. Hes done here. Next draft Hsam Howell , Spencer Rattler,Mat Corral probably the best QB available .

I like Howell. His stock has went down in the last season like Dan Marinos.so he will be available when Miami picks.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:40AM

I too agree with you Captkoi. Tua has become the current RGIII.

Our first-year O-line coach is not showing much to improve the quality of the big men up front. This is an area that in my opinion was seriously overlooked. An experienced and add the word "successful" O-line coach is not what we have.

The big guys trying to perform are failing. It's hard to comprehend that all of them were seriously over-rated when selected for the team. How is such a miss possible. I watched Liam Eichenberg play at Notre Dame for years and was great preventing sacks and pressures. How is it that now, on the Dolphins, his ability to block has fallen way off. He showed aptitude to play well in the NFL. What the hell happened? It must be the Dolphins coaching--it's lacking big time.

Aside from injuries that have stymied Tua, his arm strength, in my opinion, is very weak. Even if he were given a second more to look down the field to hit a deep pass to Waddle, Tua has to have the perfect timing and full strength to reach the distance let alone the velocity to get it there. I don't see it in him.

The Dolphins will be searching for another QB and the draft may not be the solution.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 10, 2021 07:13AM

Regarding Tua and changing your mind about him finishing out the season, since the trade deadline has passed, I think there's more upside to playing him as much as possible for the rest of the season whether we decide to trade him in the offseason or not. I think it's easy to see that Brissett is definitely not our answer at QB - much clearer to me than Tua. Regarding Tua's arm strength, I still wonder how different it is than Brees. I saw tons of similarity in their styles and capabilities...but am concerned that Tua's arm strength might be more limiting than Brees' early in his career. If Tua simply is never going to be able to legitimately challenge the sidelines with zip or going deep, then he likely isn't the solution.

Regarding OL, I think it's:
- #1 issue: coaching...both OL-specific and offensive in general.
- #2 issue: not getting a true anchor OL FA in the past couple of years. I know circumstances made it difficult and the bat was swung a few times on less-than-ideal folks, but, in the end, this was a big miss.
I simply don't think that each of the young talented players selected was a complete miss. Austin Jackson seems like he likely was, but Hunt was one of the better RT last year...Eichenberg, as Colonel mentioned, was one player @ ND and another for us this year (amidst moving positions and in/out of the lineup).

Regarding Flores, I'd agree that I hope he's retained because of what we saw in his first couple years. He got less talented teams to overperform, and that can't be forgotten. His achilles heal has been offensive coaching staff. So, if he can get that figured out - and I mean in 2022, no long leash - then I think he deserves a chance to show that this year was an aberration and he's more the coach he showed himself to be in 2019 & 2020.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 16, 2021 04:10PM

We endured 7 years of Tannehill and now we're giving up on a QB that hasn't played a season's worth of games?

And Treasure, those QBs you listed. Are you talking first round?

Date: November 16, 2021 04:42PM

Its early yet. But these are top prospects yes. Howell was #1 but his stock dropped with a so so senior yr.

There are some good prospects. Let Flores pick his guy . Let's find some good coaches.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 17, 2021 01:19PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We endured 7 years of Tannehill and now we're
> giving up on a QB that hasn't played a season's
> worth of games?
>
> And Treasure, those QBs you listed. Are you
> talking first round?

jsm08, what you said above is the reason I am suggesting that Tua should be gone after the season is over. You said "...we're giving up on a QB that hasn't played a season's worth of games?" That is exactly my point...He's been with the Fins for two seasons, and has yet to play a full season. What good is a QB if he can't be there for his team?

Date: November 17, 2021 02:13PM

TUAs good. He's got some skills. But he's not the long term answer. He's not even a lefty. Dad taught him to throw lefty. He's accurate but that's not even his strong arm. His passes have no zip. And he's always a sack away from being out. OR he could be our Trent Dilfer. Score just enough to win. Don't make mistakes turn it over. The defense will get us good enough field position. winking smileythumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 19, 2021 04:48AM

There is not a qb better than Tua in the 2022 draft. Protect your qb is all I can say about his injuries. Take a hit from a MLB player in the ribs with a baseball bat and see how 'injury prone' you are.

I do want us to upgrade our #2 QB. Im tired of Brissett, he just does not play w/ any fire in his belly. I like the guy they picked up recently. I liked his play at OR State but do now want to see him at #2 in 2022, yet.

I wish Flores would go and take his OC and DCs with him. I don't care if Grier stays or goes (do not want Pioli). The Ravens game showed we can play with any team in the league w/ the player's that Grier has collected its the crappy coaching.

Oline appears to be improving, I like Jackson at Guard. In 2022 get Cross LT (who reminds me of Little) and flip Eichenberg to RT.

There are at least 4 WRs I would like to see take a hike in 2022.

Our defensive backfield is our strength I want to keep both Howard and Jones. Contracts are in place and we can live with them for a couple of years.

We will have money in 2022 I just hope they spend it wisely. Extend or resign guys like Ogbah and Gesicki(don't break the bank here. I actually think Shaheen is our best TE and Smythe isn't chopped liver).

We can be a double digit win team again 2022 if they play their cards right.

Date: November 19, 2021 07:11AM

I disagree. Sam Howell IMO is an upgrade. Unless you have a killer oline for a pure Pocket QB....which we don't and have a issue putting together....I prefer a mobile QB . Look at some highlights of Sam. He throws great on the run, is very accurate and can wing it. He's not crazy fast but can get YDs on the run when needed. If he's available grab him. TUA would make an ideal back up. He would ask for a trade before playing back up , but he's just not physically able to handle a full training camp and 17 game season. No way.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 19, 2021 10:01AM

I have seen Sam Howell. My reservations are primarily with the NC offense. Its, IMO a longball O. These spread offenses really make a lot of good qbs look exceptional. Trubisky looked darn good running that O (for a year) and he was fundamentally a better qb than Howell. Again my opinion.

Date: November 19, 2021 03:37PM

Fair enough. It's early yet. I think we need to take a QB though . It's a shame we couldn't give Sinnitt a shot.I liked what I saw of him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2021 03:38PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.