HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jaguars v. Dolphins In England: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jaguars v. Dolphins In England: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 14, 2021 07:57AM

Two of the three NFL teams in Florida are bottom feeders to wit: the Jags under Urban Meyer and our Dolphins under Flores.

The game starts early Sunday morning at 9:30am and will probably not be on the Queen's telly. Sunday is a day of rest, perhaps, that's what is really happening with both of these teams. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Trevor Lawrence is a rookie and it will take time for him to get the NFL playing tempo under control. I do expect him to shine after a while. Unfortunately, after watching our miserable o-line of last and this year, Tua, coming off fractured ribs, will still have to run for his life to survive the game. Even against the lowly Jags, I don't expect to see much offense. On the other hand, I do expect to see our D perform better against the Jags offense. Takeaways are likely, IMO.

Who will win this ball game? Who knows. It's a toss up. Will we see anything of consequence on the Sunday night highlight reel? Probably not.

Most of us participating on this board are pessimistic with so many change of position on the offensive line. To add further pessimism was the "I am lost" play of the Defense last week playing against Tampa Bay. I sure would like to see a magical turn around--that would be awesome for all Dolphins units.

Go Dolphins-give it your best. hot smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jaguars v. Dolphins In England: Game Day Thread
Date: October 15, 2021 03:54AM

I've been thinking about this for a few days. WE ARE CURSED. Mr.ROSS the only way to lift it is to change the logo back and rename the new stadium.....Joe Robbie. It's all located on ancient scrips under the Don Shuler statue....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 15, 2021 06:45PM

^^^ I concur. ^^^

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 04:50AM

Mancz, Jackson and Hunt look good on he interior oline on that first drive. There are going to be running lanes available on future drive. I know its JAX but looks like they finally have the right 5 on the OL.

Date: October 17, 2021 05:20AM

It worked....but WTF is that taking out TUA for Brissit bullshit? Your starting QB is your starting QB. I know TUAs hurt but this A/B QB switching crap has to stop. Is this coming from the same OC who called for the screen in the end zone?

Defense....the soft zone needs to stop. Can't cover it. Our defense looks like it's playing not to lose.

I'll give TUA props for toughness. He seems focused. Dolphins started the game with 3 penalties and I saw him grab the Jersey of Hollis and Jackson .maybe he knows his job is literally on the line?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 05:23AM

Female referee sucks.pass interference right in front of her.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 06:00AM

Lawrence does not look that special to me at all. TUA has his issues, but looks 10x more accurate.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 06:09AM

I LOVE Geseicki. He fights for it every play. Miami needs to pay him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 06:24AM

My observations are a bit different than yours TC--my thoughts right now.

Jags are truly bottom feeders at this point. In fact, they are in the sand. Talent may be there but they are less unified and aware than the Dolphins.

Tua has a much weaker arm than Lawrence whose throws are effortless. Lawrence's receivers are not very good and are they are not helping the cause.

The Dolphins D--still porous and weak on coverage. Jerome Baker is unable to cover very well. Iggy--he needs to be traded for a baloney sandwich on rye with pickles and mustard. Considering his overall play and draft round status--he shows very little. Talent and aptitude rated too, too high. Another subpar draft pick, IMO.

Austin Jackson--another seriously overrated player. He is a big weak link on the o-line at any position. He doesn't seem to comprehend things.

This game may go down to the wire. Gesicki and Hollins playing well and need to continue making plays.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 06:31AM

On display, the importance of a good running game, a lesson that has eluded the Dolphins.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 17, 2021 07:01AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On display, the importance of a good running game,
> a lesson that has eluded the Dolphins.

True buts that's not for a lack of good backs. The Oline is awful led by the God awful Austin Jackson.

Ok. The defense held again. TUA needs to come back from that INT now .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 07:10AM

I like the play of the OL so far. They looked good, some miscues but all n all not bad.

My concerns are w/ the D. Cannot force an int on a rookie QB (second time this year). JAX is missing 2 starters on the OL and the coaches do not want to go max pressure on a rookie QB. Iggy is breaking even I see more things I like than I do not from him. Defensive front 6 is an issue lack of pressure, bad tackling. Van Grinkel has regressed in a bad way this year.

Hollins, Smythe & Gesecki are playing a hell of a game. Tua needs to stick with them.

Tua looked go on that last TD drive, good play calling by the OC.

D has to force a punt or turnover and close this game out.

Date: October 17, 2021 07:34AM

That kick......

Miami can't get a break. Not one. Penalties, all plays we just are on the side of NOPE. God damn. All right 3 minutes....score TUA.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 07:44AM

Damn. Brown hasn't don't anything this season. And again.... no breaks. I think thus is a Jacksonville crowd and they are playing to them in London.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 07:47AM

You gotta put your qb under center on a 4 and short like that.

Date: October 17, 2021 07:52AM

That time out thing.......everything.....Miami gets no breaks. Na da.

Can't blame this all on TUA.that one INT , a mis read or two but he played valiantly. The defense is disgraceful. The oline and run game is a joke.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 08:06AM

Lost this game on 2 4th down plays. JAX has 4 and 6 and convert. That was on Coleman he was not covering anyone. He breaks on the ball and get to the tackle faster to assist Rowe they would have been an half yard short. Receiver would not have been able to stretch out.

Phins 4th and 1, shotgun formation gave the defense too much time to react and penetrate which they did. Put the QB and power for the yard.

Best game OL has played all year 0 sacks and we were getting some 4 yard pops. I saw 2 plays where the rb left yards on the field. Hopefully they have found the right combo.

Actually I don't have much of an issue with d-backfield, they did a good job minus both there starting corners. Iggy had 2 bad plays, he appears to have no feel for the WR he is covering. I mean adjust with the receiver that your covering. When he moves to locate the ball you move to locate the ball. Some things I see him do I can live w/ and think he will work through those issues but that you cannot coach.

We lose next week against ATL I would start looking for a new coach. We should have won this game. We should win next week.

Noticed the commentators mention 'too many voices' regarding the 2 OC coordinators. I agree with that.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 08:07AM

Changes need to be made. Grier , Flores need to be removed immediately for lack.of performance and poor decision making its time.

Players not know if you don't touch a player down time runs out?

Igbinoghene should be released

Date: October 17, 2021 08:13AM

23-20 and Jags kicker Wright is a hero.

Tua played good as did Waddle, Gesicki, Smythe, Hollins, and several offensive linemen today. The Defense had moments of success by putting pressure on Lawrence. However, when the Jags defense stuffed Brown I sensed we were in very deep trouble. Making that first down would probably have changed the outcome of the game in favor of the Dolphins.

Another gigantic let down.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 17, 2021 08:32AM

Somebody has to get fired after this game. The players need to have an example made. I'm thinking Studesville on offense because what does he really do anyway, but I'd fire Anthony Campignale, his unit has simply been terrible all year.

Player wise, because a shake up has to be done. I'd trade Howard or Jones to the Lions tomorrow...set an example. No one should be safe and your money guys have to be money players.

Date: October 17, 2021 11:21AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
>
>
> Igbinoghene should be released

He played well in the first half. He's more of a safety/ weak linebacker then a Corner.

Decent coaching and he would be very solid. Hes one of those players if we got rid of , he would go one to great things elsewhere.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2021 11:35AM

colonel Wrote:
> 23-20 and Jags kicker Wright is a hero.
>
> Tua played good as did Waddle, Gesicki, Smythe,
> Hollins, and several offensive linemen today. The
> Defense had moments of success by putting pressure
> on Lawrence. However, when the Jags defense
> stuffed Brown I sensed we were in very deep
> trouble. Making that first down would probably
> have changed the outcome of the game in favor of
> the Dolphins.
>
> Another gigantic let down.

I agree the Line played better Pass blocking. They knew if TUA got hit they were screwed. But we had NO RUN. Even after TUA airing it out to Mike Giesicki and Matt Hollins repeatedly.

The defense was so special last season. What's changed? Absolutely terrible. Its almost like watching a fighter pulling punches. They cant tackle. The corners lost every battle for jump balls. Our Defensive front did a better job batting balls then corners did batting passes!

Cant blame any of this at TUA's feet. The most frustrating thing about him to me is he plays just good enough so that you cant point to him as the problem for the offense.

I wasn't impressed with the Greek God looking Lawrence. He can play and looks the part but I saw much more out of Justin Fields. THATS the guy we missed out on IMO.

Man we are a mess right now. Never saw this coming past summer. 1-5. Should be 0-6 if not for 1 good play by Howard against the Pats.

We can all identify the problems. But what are the solutions? That is the Challenge we face . Ross needs to be sitting down and starting a look to find people who can. confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2021 11:39AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 17, 2021 12:07PM

Frankly a weird game.

Refs were clearly looking to help JAX - even when calls went our way, it was Gisecki having to convince them to call the play fairly.

Coaching playcall decisions were odd - like running 4th & 1 from the shotgun. RB has to go from standing still when receiving the handoff - tough to get to the line with the momentum needed.

We ran for decent YPC and threw for bunch of yards and a couple TD...but, I guess oddly, I wouldn't really call it a very good offensive game.

If cap spend is one way of determining the value of a player to a team, we played without our top 4 cap players.

This is one we shoulda won. If any of the things that didn't go our way were reversed, we likely do. But, as we all know, bad teams find ways to lose.

Date: October 17, 2021 01:41PM

Refs were tainted like Jonestown Cult kool Aid.

If they can put their fingers on important game winning decisions what does that say for the NFL?

NBC sports:

"The personal foul went against Dolphins safety Jevon Holland, who made a nice play to break up a pass to Dolphins tight end Dan Arnold but was flagged because their helmets made incidental contact in the process. As former NFL referee Gene Steratore noted on the CBS broadcast, it was a bad call."

This is happening way to often and always against Miami. You think they would get away with that against Jerry Jones!!? Ross better start growing a back bone.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 03:04AM

brian flores lost this game with back to back stupid challenges. Save those TO's and we get the ball back with a minute left and a chance to win this in regulation.

The constant churning of the roster and coaching staff has caused what we're seeing. There's no continuity with any position group. New coach, new techniques every every year.

The first full year of the rebuild we spent in FA on FLORES' guys only to see them cut the next year. He's constantly rebuilding the rebuild. He's trying to hard to be Belichick...without the winning and rings to back it up.

Jesse Davis is horrible. Move Hunt back to RT, put Kindly at RG and keep the rest where they are and let them play together more than a week.

Flores got by in '19 because he made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Big 2020 draft and FA and we're one game from the playoffs in year two. Instead of building off that he decided to start it all over again with the roster and staff. I'll be surprised if he makes it to game 10 if this continues and we all know Grier will stab him in the back to keep his job.

Date: October 18, 2021 07:18AM

This team along with it's staff reminds me of a serious bipolar episode that needs to go to the ER on a 5150, but needs to stay there for more than 72 hours.

Date: October 18, 2021 07:27AM

808phan Wrote:
> This team along with it's staff reminds me of a
> serious bipolar episode that needs to go to the ER
> on a 5150, but needs to stay there for more than
> 72 hours.

It's Florida so I can baker Act them all!!!!!The screen Pass in the end zone is all the probable cause I need..

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 18, 2021 07:31AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This team along with it's staff reminds me of a
> > serious bipolar episode that needs to go to the
> ER
> > on a 5150, but needs to stay there for more
> than
> > 72 hours.
>
>
> It's Florida so I can baker Act them all!!!!!The
> screen Pass in the end zone is all the probable
> cause I need..

GO FOR IT BROTHER!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 18, 2021 07:24PM

Completely agree on 3 points:

- The 2020 FA group was - as much as anything, I believe - brought in to help install & instill a system and culture. While I believe the plan was to have better (i.e. more talented) OL FA vets than Flowers & Karras, I have to believe that Flores and crew truly believed that our collection of young OL players were ready to usher in their time together. And, that KVN and McCain had really served their purpose and Baker was ready to take the reigns of sort of QB-ing the defense. If true, I think this was a massive misjudgment on their part.

- While I can't as easily explain why the above miscalculation may have happened on the defensive side, I think that on the offensive side it mostly had to do with whatever went down with Gailey, Fitz & Tua. If it's true that both Gailey and Fitz were blindsided by the decision to start Tua, then I can see how it would leave us in a position of cobbling together the collection of folks we have coaching our offense and OL.

- Davis shouldn't be starting over Kindley. Agree - move Hunt back to RT and put in Kindley at G. You outsmarted yourself with all the musical chairs on the OL...the past couple weeks it's verged on decent. But I still don't think we're playing our best 5.

Date: October 19, 2021 06:14AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> Completely agree on 3 points:

>
> - While I can't as easily explain why the above
> miscalculation may have happened on the defensive
> side, I think that on the offensive side it mostly
> had to do with whatever went down with Gailey,
> Fitz & Tua. If it's true that both Gailey and
> Fitz were blindsided by the decision to start Tua,
> then I can see how it would leave us in a position
> of cobbling together the collection of folks we
> have coaching our offense and OL.
>
> -

That makes total sense. And it sounds like something Ross would have decided explaining the blindside AND the fact that he's not jumping up and down right now rather stewing in his own mismanagement (or lack of).

Whoever decided that an oft injured undersized QB was a good bet to wager this organizations future on made a HUGE mistake. One that needs to be fired unless it came from Ross himself explains everything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.