HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Xavien Howard's Holdout
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Xavien Howard's Holdout
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: June 20, 2021 05:33AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Xavien Howard's Holdout
Date: June 20, 2021 05:35AM

Nothing I typed posted. This site is getting pretty lame.

Date: June 20, 2021 05:39AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> I just watched an Xavien Howard interview on a
> Podcast where he says that he was going to make
> the Dolphins pay for drafting Iggy and hiring
> Byron Jones. He acknowledges his own injury
> history but, can't seem to make the connection
> that it's prudent for the Dolphins to hire backup
> in view of that injury history. I tried to post
> the URL but, couldn't make it work.
> Anyway, trade this bum while he's worth something
> or let him sit and pay fines. If he doesn't want
> to be a Dolphin then get rid of this cancer and
> get somebody who does want to play.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 20, 2021 05:45AM

First hes an elite player for sure. BUT
the reality that it was only two years ago — May 9, 2019, to be precise — that Howard signed a five-year contract extension.

The other reality is that Howard is under contract through the 2024 season and the Dolphins don't have to do anything.

The Dolphins also could eventually agree with Howard's position and rework his contract, but they could view that as setting a dangerous precedent for any player who outperforms his contract.

We stepped up .He got a nice lucrative long term contract. Now we have others like Giesicki to sign and he starts this bullshit. Greedy SOB.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 20, 2021 05:56AM

I don't like "me" players no matter how good they are. He's obviously in it for himself and not the team. Him wanting more money while sits on the sidelines with an injury is ridiculous, especially while still under contract. What a whiner, all butthurt because he has competition. Trade his ass away and find someone who wants play for the TEAM. The NFL means Not For Long when it comes to attitudes.

Date: June 20, 2021 06:46AM

There is a video of him on You Tube shopping for exotic cars here in Florida. He kept asking what the most expensive car there was. The salesman kept asking which was his favorite. He liked the Bentley, but said " the Bugatti and the Ferarri would get him more " slang term for cat".
You could see what he was all about.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 20, 2021 07:28AM

We need to draft a couple of cbs in next years draft. Get rid of him. Now that you have a shot of getting some draft picks for him. Soon he will be getting paid with on another team and injured on the sideline. Get rid of this heache quick.

Date: June 20, 2021 04:34PM

The Dolphins need to make a stand. Otherwise contracts mean nothing in the future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 27, 2021 02:48PM

The problem in trying to trade Howard is his present contract. The other team would have to pick up a lot of his present contract, AND....he will still want a new contract. He's up shit's creek. Let him sit and pay the fines.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: June 28, 2021 02:42AM

It seems that it's always about the money. With the salary he is currently getting, he should be happy with it in my opinion. My slant comes from a military perspective though where fortunes can't be made while sacrifice and team are prevalent ideals. You know, Duty, Honor, Country.

BTW, I don't think he will be traded away.

Date: June 28, 2021 04:37AM

Absolutely no honor anymore Colonel.
People sign and will break it in a heartbeat.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 28, 2021 04:58AM

Don't you people realize that 15 million a year doesn't go but so far. Do you expect him to drive a two year old Bentley?

Date: June 28, 2021 05:18AM

It is my understanding that this year there is also an "opt out" agreement between the NFL and the Players Association. If Xavien Howard wants to play hardball he could opt out before 3PM on July 2nd and still get paid the roster bonus part of his contract and put off negotiations for a year. Once doing so he would not be able to opt back in. He would not play and still get paid but, he would be a year older when negotiations resumed.

Date: June 28, 2021 05:47AM

How could they sign something that let's him opt out and still get paid?

Dolphins deserve to get bent over for allowing that. If it's a player union thing the the NFL needs to squash that or everyone will be doing it.

Paid for nothing and a year off......must be nice.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 28, 2021 09:57AM

X is definitely elite...right now...when he is healthy enough to start & finish seasons. Our defense is unquestionably better when he is on the field and is even built around strong man-to-man CB play.

That said, I don't think management should bend much on a situation like this unless it's a generational elite player like a Brady or Manning or Mahomes. Deion is the only CB I can think of where such treatment would be warranted, and he was key to SB wins for SF & Dallas as he was moving from team to team. X is really, really good right now...but he's no Deion.

Date: June 28, 2021 10:16AM

Havent you all realized this world is all about the benjamins.

Every job youve had every girlfriend you had its all about the same thing.

I dont blame him for wanting more money. I changed my mind.

Date: June 28, 2021 10:19AM

And he is worth it too. If other teams can restructure players contract and work within salary cap we can too. Work it out.

Date: June 28, 2021 11:07AM

The fact is we gave him a 5 yr extension. Why? What's the purpose of locking up a player .....GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT at the time if they hold out for more after a good season and doing thier job?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 29, 2021 04:10AM

Contracts are not worth a damn in today's nfl and player's realize that and they had better. When they are performing at the top levels at their position they should demand to be paid the market value. I would.

Teams screw players with contracts all of the time:

Ask Jamison Crowder Jets had money and were among the top 5 teams with spending money but they forced him to renegotiate his 2021 contract if he wanted to stay with the team. He was scheduled to make 10 mil now he will make half of that.

Ask J'waun James - he was scheduled to make 10 mil but when exercising at home he injured himself. NFL says it was a non football injury and Denver owes him nothing. From 10 mil to zero.

Ask Kyle Van Noy - wake up one day and you are cut.

Damn right Howard should say screw this contract before the Phins screw him.

It is business in the nfl these days.

Date: June 29, 2021 06:10AM

Really? Lol. So.....if he sucked and didn't live up to the contract would he give anybody?

We have too many other great players and team players . He was given his payday.

You go to dinner , you already asked for extra everything and got it. Do you go back up , cut the line and ask for more before others eat 1 meal? Yes these contracts don't mean anything anymore. Doesn't make it right . I say let him sit. Hes locked up. F him and his agent.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: July 01, 2021 09:19AM

The Cardinals, Cowboys and, Saints are the biggest suitors so far. There are reports that a trade is imminent. We will see.

Date: July 01, 2021 09:30AM

I changed my mind again. Trade his butt for a 2nd or 3rd...id take a second and third rounder for this headache. If we dont trade his butt he gone sit and its going to be even worse.

We need team players. We dont need him. Just concentrate next year and draft a couple of cbs really high. There is bound tobe a couple of early gem cbs out there. Find em and get rid of the excezs baggage. I wont change my mi d any more. Im done with this clown.

Date: July 01, 2021 09:32AM

This is that kind of idiot thats not happy with a ferrari. He wants a jet plane. Fhim.

Date: July 01, 2021 04:19PM

Exactly.

I'd get it if he was playing lights out and didn't get an extention. But he signed a 5 year deal. It's not for peanuts either. He's just pissed because he wants to be the highest paid. It's so greedy. He's a selfish prick. And I love the defense, He's a big part of what we accomplished last season. But we can't set a precedent like this. Honor your deal you POS.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2021 04:22PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: July 02, 2021 04:06AM

He wants it to be all about him. We dont need this kind of distraction. Get rid of him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.