HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2021 Draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2021 Draft
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 03, 2021 10:58AM

It all depends on tua. How well he plays.

Either we will be really good or really bad.

No bail out this year. They better leave him the whole game when he is struggling and see if he can come out of it.

The coachng staffs and the general management jobs depend on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 03, 2021 11:01AM

Look at it this way. If they leave him the whole game and he stinks we will be drafting really high next year and we can try again drafting the stud qb of the future.

If he is great we got our guy if he is not we get one of the highest picks in the first round. A win win situation.

Date: May 03, 2021 04:54PM

OMG. Im Just out of sync with this team....I thought we had an OK draft. All the positions/holes were filled but not the players I coveted.

But I'm watching ESPN, I'm listening to some sports shows on Sirius (I drive 10 hrs a day) and these guys are fawning over the Dolphins!! Like never before.Mel Kiper gives Miami the best team in the draft!! eye popping smiley Not only did we get great value we set ourselves up for the future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 03, 2021 07:25PM

Treasure, I think you have a better handle on the Dolphin's draft than some of those "experts". A lot of those guys are just repeating each other.
The sheer number of picks in the first two days of the draft certainly was an attention getter but, there are some genuine durability and injury question marks. Still, there's alot to look forward to.
I might even spring for that 65" OLED TV and up the speed of my new fiber optic feed just to have a clean view of Jaelan Phillips introducing himself to Josh Allen for the first time.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 04, 2021 02:26AM

TV size and download speed aside, I think you're spot on. Historically (at least recently) we've had the most trouble with mobile QBs - especially when they're strong & mobile like Allen is. While I like the concept of having 2 really good CB to enable a schemed pass rush to be effective w/o elite individuals in the front 7...the kryptonite to that seems to be a QB who can (a) threaten with the run and (b) stay alive long enough for receivers to get open since even the best CBs can't stick to a receiver forever. Here's to hoping that Phillips is the kind of player who can close that gap significantly.

Date: May 04, 2021 05:06AM

Maybe they know something we dont....They say the first three picks were great picks.....But the miami de injuries concern me.

He is one blow to the head from retiring from football altogether.

Date: May 04, 2021 07:33AM

Good points all around.

The media seems to think we are the team to beat now in the AFC . I understand the optimism because we played no where near our potential last season. I guess with these draft picks, and the FA signings our potential has just doubled.

It all comes down to TUA. Hes not going to have any excuses . I love a kick ass defense. I hope these guys stay healthy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 04, 2021 08:07AM

samsam hate to tell you but if we are not good next year then it will benefit philly because they have our first round pick and we have San Frans

Date: May 04, 2021 12:03PM

We all hoping san fran is terrible next year.

I dont want to put down tua but we were 10 and 6 last year because of fitspayrick and the defense. Because other than that cardinals game tua didnt play well.

Coming off injury and no preseason yes.
But whats his name from chargers had no pre season either.

Hope tua can get together in 2021. They gave him some weapons to play with.

No excuses this year.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 05, 2021 03:33AM

I totally agree samsam

Date: May 08, 2021 09:19AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------

> The media seems to think we are the team to beat
> now in the AFC . I understand the optimism because
> we played no where near our potential last season.
> I guess with these draft picks, and the FA
> signings our potential has just doubled.
>
> It all comes down to TUA. Hes not going to have
> any excuses . I love a kick ass defense. I hope
> these guys stay healthy.

Interesting Draft. Two of the teams in our division drafted their franchise QBs so, in a couple of years when they hit their stride it should be a very competitive division.

This season Las Vegas has us pegged as a 9 win team and just missing the play-offs. Quite likely, any realistic play-off hopes will be as a wildcard although anything is possible. Buffalo is solid.

NE also had a very aggressive offseason with free agent signings. Last season they had the most number of players opt out due to the covid, they lost alot of starters through free agency, some to us and, they still managed to split wins with us. They will be back in the mix this season. Mac Jones is their future and has a gaudy resume to prove it. Single year, 4500 yards, 41 TDs, 4 Ints, with a completion percentage of 77.4 (An NCAA record), with a perfect season and a national title. By comparison AJ McCarron's best season was 30 TDs, 4 Ints, 66.2%,, no comparison. Tua's best full season was 3966 yards, 43 TDs, 6 Ints, 69.0%.

The Jest have their franchise QB who should be starting day one but, will be making rookie mistakes. Now they have a defensive minded HC and, should be competitive in a couple of years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2021 09:34AM by Hooligan2.

Date: May 08, 2021 11:22AM

The Jets screwed the pooch again. Jason Fields will be the best QB in this draft. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 08, 2021 11:59AM

I'll challenge you to a friendly wager Treasure. I'll say Mac Jones leads NE to a division championship of the AFC East before Fields leads Chicago to a division championship of the NFC North.
The loser will donate the equivalence of 50 Mexican Pesos to the charity of the winner's choice. My charity will be the Fund to Assist Destitute Real Estate Speculators. Put up.

Date: May 08, 2021 02:59PM

You got a Bet! I do think Belicheat knows a thing or two about picking a decent QB. Mac probably will be successful at some point. But the Jets lost out on not taking Fields.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 07, 2021 04:30AM

I've been completely detached from football this entire off season.
I didn't follow any college football and I don't know squat about any of the players. I have no clue how this draft will turn out and I have zero predictions.

I've spent this entire off season focused on my family and I even bought a brand new RV so we can travel and feel free, and it feels great. I pretty much don't even care about sports anymore which is why I've barely posted my .02 about anything here lately. I don't even remember who won the last Super Bowl even though I watched it and I don't even care. Oh that's right, it finally came to me...Brady and the Bucs lol!

The more woke society gets, the more pro athletes and celebs use their fame and notoriety as political and social platforms for their beliefs instead of just doing their jobs, the more it pushes me away. The NFL now reminds me of politicians caving in to stupid things, like defunding the police for example. The Redskins aren't even the Redskins anymore. They caved in and dropped their name before they even picked a new one and are now the "Washington Football Team". How disgustingly generic but quite fitting for the new woke society we live in. It reminds of of when I had to stop saying "Merry Christmas" at work when Obama took office because it might offend someone. Well it offended me by not being able to say it so it made me want to say it even more.

Okay my rant is over.

I hope our Dolphins are successful this season. I upgraded my TV package just for them but I probably won't be home much. I'll be on the road a lot enjoying some scenic adventure but don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I'll be avoiding the blue states as much as possible when I travel spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 07, 2021 06:34AM

808phan you drive by the Treasurecoast please let's have a beer. Couldn't agree with you more. smileys with beer

My boys are getting older , they have girlfriends and are busy with college.
My oldest got a scholarship and plays basketball at Webber University.

Been a rough year for sure. I worked 400 hrs OT between 0ct 1st and now. 600 hrs OT in 2020.My dad passed away from Covid at 86 yrs in Nov.

Going to be my first Dolphins season without him. He was 36 yrs old the last time Miami won a championship.

I agree with everything you said. 100%.

Burgess Owens from the OaklandRaiders, is a state rep. In UTAH. He said recently politics never came up back then ever. It had no place in professional sports. But these scumbags with agendas are doing thier best to indoctrinate our children, destroy our way of life.

My whole point is my 2 boys are my life. My Dad gave me the best life ever and I will try to be half as good a dad to them if possible. We love Dolphins football. I used to take them to practices and events to meet the players. Cant always find the time anymore. But we make time every Sunday to have dinner and watch some football.

I won't let them take that away. I only have control over my family. You as well. Talk to them. Educate them. Explain what's going on. Get thier heads off thier phones and make sure they understand everything on there is fake slanted bias Crapola.

Be good brother!!Hoping for a better year....a little less work more relaxation. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 08, 2021 03:37AM

My condolences for your pops TC. I'll definitely take you up on that invitation to hoist some suds brother, it's added to my bucket list. I've had my RV for less than a month now and I've already stayed at a couple of really beautiful places away from the crap that's around us all. It's good for the soul. My aunt once told me "you have to take the time to smell the roses" and that's exactly what I'm doing. With two TV's in my rig I hope to see some Dolphins wins when I'm away from my home and away from the rat race while I'm smelling the roses smileys with beer

Date: June 08, 2021 05:15AM

I hope to see more Miami Wins and a playoff appearance as well. But even though we havnt had a championship in 46 yrs , I have tons of great memories of going to Dolphins games with my Dad back at Shea Stadium in NYC . And with my boys and my dad at JoeRobbie/HardRock Stadium. Never made it to the Orange bowl. Great games and dinners every Sunday. You make a great point about smelling the Roses. As long as I'm watching with my boys it's a Win. God Bless America brother!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.