HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2021 Draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2021 Draft
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2021 04:43PM

Lost out on Pitts and Chase but knew that could happen

Jaylen Waddle more versatile than Chase a solid pick, were OK with Waddle and a first

Jaelen Phillips, hopefully Jason Taylor like

May lose out on the top 3 RB again

Look at Kenny Gainwell's tape or will they go after Michael Carter?

Could go with a top Safety or LB like Moehrig or Grant or Owusu Koramorah and OL Humphrey Radunz,Meinerz Dickerson?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2021 09:08AM by jlyell13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2021 Draft
Date: April 30, 2021 02:45PM

Broncos steal Williams from us and we take Holland who some rank 4th 5th best safety

Could regret not taking Moehrig and not taking an RB at 18 and DE at 36

Date: April 30, 2021 02:48PM

WTF!!?

I wanted jeremiah-owusu-koramoah but would have been Fine with all that OT talent available. Instead we take a position that's not of need and a player labeled a injury risk.

God damn.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 03:40PM

Holland is a good pick I like him better than Moehrig. The Eichenberg pick puzzles me. He is a damn good tackle but I would rather we had taken Creed Humphrey. Musical chairs on the oline continues.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 04:47PM

Eichenberg is versatile. He can play any position on the line. Still need a dedicated center IMO.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 30, 2021 05:16PM

I know. Chris grier has mental problems. Thats the only reasonable logic to drafting all these scrubs. Wow

Date: April 30, 2021 05:17PM

Cant wait until ross fires him. And ross needs to fire himself as well. He stinks.

Date: April 30, 2021 06:30PM

Blew it on Jevonte , hope Phillips isn't another Phin D line bust I don't understand Eichenberg over Hunphrey and. TE in the 3rd isn't that like the 6th or 7th on the roster ??

Hopefully the OLine can make the RB look better, as our FA luck has been zero there

Date: May 01, 2021 03:15AM

Here's where I'm at. All the positions I wanted got covered except for running Back. None of the players I liked were taken but I guess I'll have to leave that to the professionals. Seems like they go after players with talent levels off the chart.......but have injury concerns. Maybe they just figure injuries are part of the game?

No big splashes here , but alot of needs were covered. Another tight end. Big dude. 6'5" 260. He's no Pitts but I hope he makes an impact. I like that Tight end heavy offense. But the lack of a power back concerns me.

Chuba Hubbard seems like our best bet....but we don't have a 4th round pick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 05:24AM

TCPF hopefully we are wrong but as a Phin fan for almost 50 years I have been waiting on those so called professionals too long.

I am ok with Waddle, Steve Smith Tyreke Hill like weapon some feel the extra picks for the next few years are for Watson, or someone else to replace Tua if he isn't the answer

Hoping he is past the injuries and with the weapons and Online he can shine. Don't think the running game can take us to the next level but maybe with the line it can
I would move a 4th or fifth next year to Try to grab a Sermon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Kennedy Brooks, Trey Ragas, Kylin Hill, Larry Rountree Rakeem Boyd Elijah Mitchell Jah maine Martin

several of theese guys have legit potential.

Find that late round undrafted Chris Carson, Raheem Mostert whom the Phins had and let go!

Don't understand the 3rd TE , hoping he is Gronk or Higbee like

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2021 05:25AM by jlyell13.

Date: May 01, 2021 05:38AM

Waddle & Phillips are at the top of their positions in this draft. I think Holland was the best safety in the draft. I think we reached on Eichenberg so what the hell. He is ready to play at RT, Hunt slides to guard and Davis joins Fluker to give us quality depth on the line.
I like Skura just hope he is healthy. There were players on the board in round 3 I would have rather had than Long but gotta think the staff knows what they are doing. These are the same guys that got us to double digits wins last year.

Date: May 01, 2021 05:54AM

Out of the big 4

Chase/Pitts/Smith/Waddle

Waddle was my least favorite. But He is a first round reciever for sure. He should help us immediately and help take the double teams off Parker.

I'm surprised how much the defense was addressed, Miami is trying to build a shut down defense.... I like it.

And The tight end....better blocking , Red Zone catches....I hope these players hit.

RB is my biggest concern. Maybe next year....cant do it all in one draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 01, 2021 06:18AM

I ended up liking Waddle over Smith & Chase because of the blazing speed and ability to separate. Truthfully, I think each of them could be the "best of the 3" in the circumstance that fits them the best, so I won't necessarily be shocked if Chase has a better career with Burrow. So, I ended up liking Waddle for us specifically might be the best way to describe it. I would have loved Pitts, but it wasn't to be @ 6 and I'm glad they didn't trade up for him.

With Waddle & Fuller I'm definitely excited to see how the WR speed makeover adds to the offense. Also intrigued to see how the final WR corps ends up. Currently among the bunch we've got, there's a wide variety of types.

My understanding is that they tried to trade up after making their pick @ 18 in order to grab a RB, but couldn't. Read that somewhere and can't remember where. I suspect it was for Harris. I genuinely like Gaskins, but, ideally, he would have made a nice compliment to Harris as the starting RB.

I guess I'm a little surprised @ TE (besides Pitts) because I really like the 3 we have now. Maybe a bit of forward thinking with both Gesicki and Smythe being FA after next season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2021 06:21AM by tsstamper.

Date: May 01, 2021 06:25AM

Gesiski has been a constant playmaker. They better resign him. I agree he might be a future thought or replacement.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 11:05AM

All we have left is two 7th round picks. I guess they think we're set at RB.

Date: May 01, 2021 12:22PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All we have left is two 7th round picks. I guess
> they think we're set at RB.

I read they tried to move up for Harris from 18. but its not a perfect world. We addressed most of the positions of need. Dont agree with all the players chosen but I like the fact they are trying to improve on a already good defense. We dont have a bruiser RB but we got some really decent backs in Ahmet and Gaskin and Laird. Maybe we can still get a Vet like Frank Gore somewhere in Free agency as a hole stopper until next season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 12:31PM

Completely forgot the Dolphins signed Malcom Brown from the RAMS.

Nothing to write home about at 5'11" 225 but it explains why Miami will probably address the position in the next draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 12:35PM

Malcom brown is the next dolphins rb scrub...just like the one we had last year who we dropped after he showed his true colors.

Date: May 01, 2021 12:37PM

I guess they feel the dolphins rbs are ok. Just need better blocking.

Date: May 01, 2021 12:53PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I guess they feel the dolphins rbs are ok. Just
> need better blocking.

Possibly. Think about it. With TUA really knowing the offense better and in better health with better blocking and better receivers(waddle) and a new Tight end to compliment Giesicki and Smythe ......that ought to stretch the field some. And that can only make Gaskin , Brown, Liard and Ahmet that much more effective. Thats the plan anyways........If not next season we target the #1 back and another receiver.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 12:58PM

were the rbs we had last year that good. Or was the Oline blocking really good?

Thats a question that has been going off in my mind since last year.

They both were practically off the street. Gaskin was drafted...But still they were really good all of a sudden.

Date: May 01, 2021 01:01PM

That Oline from the redskins that we let go wasnt that bad he is huge....They were saying he struggled at times but i dont think he played that bad.

Date: May 01, 2021 01:14PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> That Oline from the redskins that we let go wasnt
> that bad he is huge....They were saying he
> struggled at times but i dont think he played that
> bad.

I'm guessing the coaches see things we can't. Locker room pretense working with others, able to take criticisms? Not sure but we definitely have alot of new blood on that line. No preseason hurt. This year I thinking everyone will be on the same page.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2021 01:54PM

Hopefully Doaks can be our Chris Carson, like 6"1" 230

Date: May 01, 2021 02:13PM

Doaks plays like Malcom Brown. Runs w/ good vision for a power back. I like the Coleman pick too. We got good players, did not grab a centers or the big name rb but I like what they did here. We did not have picks in rnds 4-6 so we should have some cash for the UDAs.

Date: May 03, 2021 03:57AM

Did Holland and trading up for Eichenberg seem like desperation reaches?

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 03, 2021 08:26AM

jlyell..... holland seemed like they liked him better and Eichenberg seemed like they wanted a OT and jumped the run that happened after him

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 03, 2021 08:36AM

FYI..... Holland opted out this year but had a great year the previous one....Moehring (actually 3rd safety picked even though was first ranked) had nice year this year but a better on the year before.....maybe he reached his ceiling and Holland can go up more....also they are the same height Holland is heavier and has longer arms

Date: May 03, 2021 10:21AM

The Dolphins draft is getting high grades nationally which is reassuring. Looks like the defense will be good again, if not great.
The offense is largely dependent on Tua taking the next step with no plan B. I can't imagine Flores benching Tua in favor of Jacoby with 10 minutes to go in the 4th.
We're just going to have to trust the coaches to do their jobs.

Date: May 03, 2021 10:57AM

I think TUA will be fine barring any injuries.....Hes got a 2 yr window because if not in 2023 we will have what it takes to replace him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.