HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          FA so far
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
FA so far
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 17, 2021 01:30AM

I could eat these words down the line, but I like the patient approach. As I looked at the FA available in positions of need prior to FA beginning, I honestly wasn't too excited. Specifically at WR, for instance, I believe top FA options would have provided marginal improvement at a much higher cost.

In my mind, there would have already been a bigger dump of players with teams working to get under the cap. But, I think today is actual d-day and I shouldn't be surprised that teams might wait until the very last minute. Per overthecap, it looks like 5-6 teams are still over the cap and that many or more barely have enough to sign a draft class.

With that in mind, it seems logical that quality players will necessarily become available, it's just a matter of time...and probably means. I.e. we may not be able to have them come as a recently-released FA, but may have to trade an asset to acquire a player under contract. But, even that could be to our advantage with a player's current contract not being manageable to one team being a bargain to us vs. what they might cost as a FA.

I don't have anyone in particular in mind...but just a general observation that I think I'm glad we didn't pounce on the likes of Corey Davis at the price the Jets paid, for instance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FA so far
Date: March 17, 2021 02:41AM

No doubt. I love Miami's "not desperate" vibe.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 02:47AM

With under 30 million left in cap space and about 14M of that necessary to sign the draft class and practice squad the splashy FA signing opportunities are getting limited without additional cutting.
We still need a veteran back-up QB.

Date: March 17, 2021 03:24AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With under 30 million left in cap space and about
> 14M of that necessary to sign the draft class and
> practice squad the splashy FA signing
> opportunities are getting limited without
> additional cutting.
> We still need a veteran back-up QB.

Dolphins just signed Jacoby Brissett from the Colts.........another 1 yr deal. 7.5 Million.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 04:34PM

signed Malcolm Brown tough runner decent price

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 02:40AM

I like the cautious approach as well. I would like to sign the center from NE. Jumping into the free agency market with both feet is not always great , remember SUH.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 06:13AM

This thought just popped into my head..... I wonder if the dolphins already have a draft day deal in place to trade down and pick up extra picks (in second and third Rounds) and maybe even a player too. It would make sense with what has gone down so far

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 06:41AM

Some in the press are complaining about our off season moves but I like them. Good backup QB, a solid mlb, good rb, potential depth at OT & DLine, special team players. All fill positions of need, plus we did not overpay and prevents us from reaching in the draft. Im glad Karras is gone it forces us to upgrade at center. Wish they would release McCain and Grant and upgrade their positions.

Date: March 18, 2021 09:31AM

Mizzou good points. I have no doubt that receiver is going to be addressed in the draft. Hopefully they sign Andrews away from the Pats at Center.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 18, 2021 09:50AM

Former Ravens C Matt Skura is headed to the Dolphins on a one-year deal .........

Skura was having a career year in 2019 in terms of his blocking proficiency before suffering a season-ending knee injury in Week 12. He was placed on injured reserve, ending his year. He struggled to return to form in 12 starts last season and was responsible for multiple botched snaps throughout the year.

Despite his rough 2020 campaign with regards to snapping consistency and decline in overall performance, Skura still achieved high marks in his pass-blocking. Per ESPN, he was ranked fourth in the NFL in pass-block win rate for centers with a mark of 96%........

So his blocking ability is off the charts.......its his snapping consistency that needs work. Hopefully thats a fixable issue. TUA doesnt need a bad snapper.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.