HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Russell Wilson
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Russell Wilson
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 14, 2021 06:24AM

The more this situation changes, the more I feel Miqmi.may be his destination as the ones he has picked have nothing to offer for them to take a $39m cap hit

Phins give up Tua, 3rd pick, Howard, Parker next year'first

Maybe get a Lockett in return

Phins sign Chris Carson or Aaron Jones

Draft Kedarious Toney or Rashod Bateman at 18 Jevonte Williams or Creed Humphrey and a CB Greg Newsome in the 2nd?

Add Amon ra St Brown, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome
Demetric Felton , Dwayne Eskridge Tomorrian Terry later

Only time will tell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Russell Wilson
Date: March 14, 2021 06:58AM

No Howard.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 14, 2021 07:16AM

I'm afraid we're stuck with Tua for a few years. Ross has spoken.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 14, 2021 09:00AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The more this situation changes, the more I feel
> Miqmi.may be his destination as the ones he has
> picked have nothing to offer for them to take a
> $39m cap hit
>
> Phins give up Tua, 3rd pick, Howard, Parker next
> year'first
>
> Maybe get a Lockett in return
>
> Phins sign Chris Carson or Aaron Jones
>
> Draft Kedarious Toney or Rashod Bateman at 18
> Jevonte Williams or Creed Humphrey and a CB Greg
> Newsome in the 2nd?
>
> Add Amon ra St Brown, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome
>
> Demetric Felton , Dwayne Eskridge Tomorrian Terry
> later
>
> Only time will tell

Watson - Wilson. Makes no difference. Too expensive. Miami needs much more than a QB to get back to the playoffs.

Date: March 14, 2021 09:25AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I'm afraid we're stuck with Tua for a few years.
> Ross has spoken.

I don't see this as a bad thing. A full off-season and a bounty of picks and free agency should work wonders for the kid. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 14, 2021 09:48AM

No, it's not a bad thing, the team will need to be built either way. My fear is that we get a repeat of the Tannehill saga over the next 6-7 years and any shortcomings in the development of Ross's hand picked QB will be blamed on the coaches. I would sure hate to lose Flores if the Phins can't get past playing for the wildcard every season. This BS of anointing Tua the defacto starter without any serious competition doesn't sit well with me.

Date: March 14, 2021 09:53AM

I would love another Tannehill.

Just get him a decent team around him. Defense.Do not deal Howard under any circumstances.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2021 09:53AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: March 14, 2021 04:10PM

Another Tannehill? Seven years without a play-off appearance? Yeah, who wouldn't want that?
My point was, like Tua, Tannehill never had any competition either, he was the anointed one even though Matt Moore clearly outplayed him coming in cold off the bench. It wasn't until Tannehill went to Tennessee that he finally had competition, beat out Mariotta for the starting job. It was at that point that his nutz finally dropped and he started playing with a little bit of attitude.
Likewise, Tua should have some legit competition. If he feels threatened then he clearly doesn't have the "IT" factor. Move on, don't block the door.

Date: March 15, 2021 03:25AM

Tannehill was annointed!?Tannehill went on to set franchise rookie records for passing yards, attempts, and completions.431 beat any Rookie game Marino had and was 1 yd short of the all time high 432 by any rookie in history.

Tannehill was on a 8 game winning streak when he was injured. He never had a decent defense , running game or offensive line.

All this despite a new offensive coach every season, no head coaching , distractions like bullygate .

Nothing "dropped" on Tannehill once moving to Tenn. I saw him go head first into defenses with the ball, block defensive lineman, sacrificed his knee to make shit happen.

Tcan TUA show that kind of Confidence? I believe so. But he did not have anywhere near the rookie year Tannehill had. Continues to have.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2021 03:27AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 15, 2021 05:09AM

Rookie recordmeans nothing if you dont make the playoffs.

Right as we speak he has a great team around in tennessee and still cant win.

Date: March 15, 2021 10:28AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Rookie record means nothing if you dont make the
> playoffs.
>
> Right as we speak he has a great team around in
> Tennessee and still cant win.

Then dont ever speak of Marino again. He had a Superbowl team in his rookie season and lost. Lost 17 seasons straight.

Watson didn't make the playoffs either last year. Won what? 4 games ? Stop it. The NFL is a TEAM sport. Understand that , there is no argument for that. ITS A FACT.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2021 10:35AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: March 15, 2021 10:37AM

Marino made playoffs every year to a big zero playoffs for tannehill

Date: March 15, 2021 11:09AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Marino made playoffs every year to a big zero
> playoffs for tannehill

Tannehill made the playoffs once he had a decent Offense to play with.

Stop it. 491 rds in his rookie season in one game. He was not anointed , he earned his starting position. Hooligan said he had no balls but he dove head first into defenders, was the leading rusher and sacrificed his knee trying to make plays. You cant make the playoffs with no Oline/running game/defense / coaching / and distractions like bully gate. He still managed 4000 yds per season and made the playoffs every year since being signed in Tenn.

Making that next step is hard for any NFL team and Tenn. needs to figure that out. Its not a reflection on Tanny in anyway. The front office /coaches need to get to the next level.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 15, 2021 11:54AM

Tannehill actually had good receivers and offense help.

He was just adequate. Never did the job when it mattered. He needs a hell of a team to win. Because he is just an adequate qb and cant take it to next level when it matters. He doesnt do his part at crunch time. Thats why he cant even win at tennessee with the best talent and pound for pound the best running game in the nfl.

Date: March 15, 2021 12:01PM

There comes a time when a qb needs to make a play to win a game. He always fails at the right time. What happened last year against the texans. He throws an int when needed to make a play.

Truthfully i dont hate the guy. But he sure madethose sundays a living hell for phin fans around.

Maybe one day he gets lucky and wins the big dance. You never know.

Is it in him to make it happen?

Im still waiting after what? 10 years?

Date: March 15, 2021 01:37PM

Reciever slipped. Apologized to him and the fans profusely.

All I'm saying is we got rid of a great player and possibly a SB winning QB .Tannehill may or may not win it all but he will always be in the mix with a decent team.

Let's do it differently this time.They seem to be hitting on players, there is excitement again. I hope TUA gets the help he deserves.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 15, 2021 01:43PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Rookie recordmeans nothing if you dont make the
> playoffs.
>
> Right as we speak he has a great team around in
> tennessee and still cant win.

RE: Rookie records show the guy has talent and that he can play. The problem with Tannehill was that he didn't have a running game or a defense but most of all he didn't have a O-Line. he also didn't have any good receivers or a threat at TE, save Landry. Hartline had one good season as did Wallace everything else was a big basket of average.

Date: March 15, 2021 02:50PM

Well said Ken. Add to that a new offensive package every year, stupid shit like bully gate, no coaching whatsoever ever and a horrible defense its amazing he got 4000yds a season!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 17, 2021 03:35AM

Rookie records, good grief. We've had this conversation before.
In the history of the Dolphins ONLY Tannehill started as a rookie on day one of a 16 game season and played the entire season so yes, in a race of one he better come out on top. Marino didn't have 13 full games in his rookie season.
Couple those rookie records with the record of 12 tds vs 13 ints and an overall win loss of 6-10 would tend to bring the legend back down to earth.
Nobody is questioning his toughness and he's certainly shown some flashes but, his rookie records won't get him into Canton.

Date: March 17, 2021 11:41AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Rookie records, good grief. We've had this
> conversation before.
> In the history of the Dolphins ONLY Tannehill
> started as a rookie on day one of a 16 game season
> and played the entire season so yes, in a race of
> one he better come out on top. Marino didn't have
> 13 full games in his rookie season.
> Couple those rookie records with the record of 12
> tds vs 13 ints and an overall win loss of 6-10
> would tend to bring the legend back down to
> earth.
> Nobody is questioning his toughness and he's
> certainly shown some flashes but, his rookie
> records won't get him into Canton.

No Canton. No one ever said that. But 491 yds in ONE rookie game. Marino may not have started the season but he had many opportunities to throw for that many YDS in a single game WITH A SUPERBOWL CALIBUR TEAM.

This is not a competition of Marino vs, Tannehill. No question Marino is the best of all time. But it takes a Team. And Tannehill was never given a chance to be successful in Miami. With so much against him he was still extremely productive. 4000 yds a season with no defense. No running game.

And as soon as he went to a better team he has given them a chance every Sunday to win and to be very competitive. Thats all you can ask . And the one thing I really admire about him and the reason I always fight for him is......he NEVER complains or bitches or moans. Maybe he should? Maybe he needs to point out receivers that drop shit , or lineman that miss assignments or complain to refs about contact. But he doesn't. Never. And boy he could have here. He just put his head down and moved on. Tannehill is a true professional. He doesn't say the wrong things and will sacrifice his body when needed. We lost a heck of a player but I believe TUA can be all that and then some as well.

As much as Tannehill had against him here TUA had much more last season. Hes not nearly as athletic , he didnt play his last season in college, was coming back from a major injury , had no off season or Pre season or many team practices due to COVID. I also like that he doesn't seem to complain. He looks energized and ready to compete and take on whatever comes his way.

I'd really like to see him given a full off season workout and Pre season with the Dolphins. I think he can be great. Tannehill I KNEW was great. Fingers crossed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.