HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chan Gailey resigns.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chan Gailey resigns.......
Date: January 07, 2021 02:54AM

I don't have a clue , but I think he resigned so he didn't get replaced. Class move by Flores for someone who tried to help him out .

Gaily just didn't work out IMO this season.

We can all argue Reciever, lineman, RB with the number 3 overall pick....but our new coordinator will be The Dolphins biggest need this off-season. TUAs career depends on it

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chan Gailey resigns.......
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 07, 2021 03:34AM

Agree that a new OC is a #1 necessity and priority before the NFL draft. The designer of plays and the play calling against a particular team, during a game, is very, very important, as important as the execution of those plays. A poorly designed play with the best execution will usually fail, IMO.

The Dolphins need to hire a person with talent in both areas. The "guy" doesn't have to be a "young guy" or an "old guy" with an abundance of experience, it has to be the "right" guy that recognizes the current player talent, can design plays for that talent and call plays he believes will be tactical during the game so the team can score, repeatedly. That "right" guy should also have the confidence of the players. As for who is the "right guy," I haven't a clue as I don't follow the OCs.

Where would I find the next OC? I'd start looking at the teams that are scoring machines to assess their OCs and look at what makes that team offense so good. That would be my starting point. Information gathered should lead to the next points to assess and explore.

I do believe there is a "right guy" out there. smiling smiley

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 07, 2021 04:16AM

Call Oklahoma and make Lincoln Riley an offer he can't refuse

Date: January 07, 2021 04:22AM

No doubt Colonel. This is why they threw TUA out there mid season. No Pre season they needed to have some tape to evaluate .What is is strengths? his weaknesses? I think he was fairly accurate, had some zip on the ball. Not as much as say Kyle Murry...when we played Arizona Murry really impressed me with his laser like throws and accuracy. TUA needs work reading NFL defenses better , seeing the field IMO. He left people open and wasn't confident enough to make throws in traffic so he took a sack.

I believe we may have a jack of all trades in TUA.... master of none. Thats not a knock.....thats my way of saying I think hes very well rounded. So We can get an offense that reflects that. Stop with the Tom Brady screen plays. So sick of that and it only works when you can draw a defense in and then you throw out to a Tight end .

This is crucial. The Dolphins screwed the pooch with Tannehill By getting him a new OC every season and a revolving door of players. No consistency.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 08, 2021 10:42AM

One of the better assistants available is Ken Dorsey, Buffalo's quarterbacks coach, he worked wonders with Bills star quarterback Josh Allen. Dorsey remains one of UM's most beloved quarterbacks. He went 38-2 as a starter, winning a national championship in 2001. He also shared Rose Bowl MVP honors after throwing three touchdowns in a 37-24 victory against Nebraska in the 2002 national-title game.

Be interesting to see what his style of offense can do for TUA

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.