Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do any of you have the GUTS to admit you were WRONG?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Do any of you have the GUTS to admit you were WRONG?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 03, 2021 09:55AM

Can ANY of you give me a good reason why we should put up with this incompetent kid who is terrible as well as being a health risk? I was angry all off-season that podcasters Travis Wingfield of the Drive Time podcast, Kyle Crabbs of the Locked on Dolphins podcast, and especially Omar Kelly of the X's and Omar podcast were adamant that we absolutely would pick Tua. I wonder if any of them have the GUTS to admit that it was a bad idea to draft this kid and that he is NOT even a decent QB, much less a franchise QB. I doubt it. How many of you that insisted on that pick will admit that it wasn't a good idea? We HAVE to turn the gift 3rd pick and whatever into a franchise QB, because we don't have one now.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do any of you have the GUTS to admit you were WRONG?
Date: January 03, 2021 10:32AM

SIGH. I have to admit. While TUA had alot of good passes dropped....he's been pretty bad today. He's a step behind everyone.

I'm sure his play will be evaluated in the off season. He cant seem to find a rhythm. I think with better Pass protection he can improve but I have to admit I felt better about that yesterday.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 03, 2021 11:21AM

Dolphins need to draft justin fields with the first pick and the best receiver available with the second pick in the first round....that is if the jets dont pick justin fields first.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2021 11:45AM

Tua made is share of mistakes today with some off the mark throws but drops helped kill us just as much. We should have opened up the passing game in the first half instead of waiting until halftime. The defense also did us no favors today. You simply cannot give up 56 points and expect to win any game. Tua needs help with some good receivers. as much as it stings, our TEAM isn't there yet on either side of the ball.

Date: January 03, 2021 12:05PM

Look, I know that many of the posters on this site were not on board with the drafting of Tagovailoa. The posters on here are knowledgeable about the game, team, and some of you are well-versed on college football. So, many of us were not on board with that draft pick. These do not owe an apology to anybody, but I think that the rest of you need to own up to the fact that this kid isn't the QB that we need, and stop using those rose-colored glasses to watch this kid. Y'all need to face reality.

Rick

Date: January 03, 2021 03:22PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dolphins need to draft justin fields with the
> first pick and the best receiver available with
> the second pick in the first round....that is if
> the jets dont pick justin fields first.

Lol. You said we were almost there. Just a few pieces from being elite.
I warned pretty soon you would be calling for A new QB in the first round
But the very next week!?
Lol.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2021 04:10PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Look, I know that many of the posters on this site
> were not on board with the drafting of Tagovailoa.
> The posters on here are knowledgeable about the
> game, team, and some of you are well-versed on
> college football. So, many of us were not on board
> with that draft pick. These do not owe an apology
> to anybody, but I think that the rest of you need
> to own up to the fact that this kid isn't the QB
> that we need, and stop using those rose-colored
> glasses to watch this kid. Y'all need to face
> reality.

RE: Actually its you that needs to face reality. Tua didn't come out of the blocks slinging the ball all over the yard this is true. He's made mistakes this is also true. But he didn't throw many INT's and didn't get seriously injured like many feared he would. Then there is this, a sampling of rookie QB's and effective rookie QB's (Meaning their first season long action.)

Tua: 1814 Yds, 11 TD, 5 Int, 87.1 Rating
Allen: 2074 Yds, 10 TD, 12 Int, 67.9 Rating
Brady: 2843 Yds, 18 TD, 12 Int, 86.5 Rating
Young: 2282 Yds, 8 TD, 13 Int, 65.5 Rating
Aikman: 1632 Yds, 7 TD, 14 Int, 64.3 Rating
Montana: 1795 Yds, 15 TD, 9 Int, 87.8 Rating

Tua's stats compare nicely to these guys...and they did very well in thier respective careers. You can't base much of anything off of one season.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 03, 2021 05:30PM

Ken Wrote:
> dolphan4545 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Look, I know that many of the posters on this
> site
> > were not on board with the drafting of
> Tagovailoa.
> > The posters on here are knowledgeable about the
> > game, team, and some of you are well-versed on
> > college football. So, many of us were not on
> board
> > with that draft pick. These do not owe an
> apology
> > to anybody, but I think that the rest of you
> need
> > to own up to the fact that this kid isn't the
> QB
> > that we need, and stop using those rose-colored
> > glasses to watch this kid. Y'all need to face
> > reality.
>
> RE: Actually its you that needs to face reality.
> Tua didn't come out of the blocks slinging the
> ball all over the yard this is true. He's made
> mistakes this is also true. But he didn't throw
> many INT's and didn't get seriously injured like
> many feared he would. Then there is this, a
> sampling of rookie QB's and effective rookie QB's
> (Meaning their first season long action.)
>
> Tua: 1814 Yds, 11 TD, 5 Int, 87.1 Rating
> Allen: 2074 Yds, 10 TD, 12 Int, 67.9 Rating
> Brady: 2843 Yds, 18 TD, 12 Int, 86.5 Rating
> Young: 2282 Yds, 8 TD, 13 Int, 65.5 Rating
> Aikman: 1632 Yds, 7 TD, 14 Int, 64.3 Rating
> Montana: 1795 Yds, 15 TD, 9 Int, 87.8 Rating
>
> Tua's stats compare nicely to
these guys...and
> they did very well in thier respective careers.
> You can't base much of anything off of one season.

I agree Ken. I said it before and I'll say it again. Until we give Tua some weapons, he can't be fully evaluated. We have no running game, one decent wide receiver, and one good pass catching tight end. We have the draft picks to address these issues. Now it's up to Grier to make the right choices.

Date: January 03, 2021 09:45PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Ken Wrote:
> -----
> > dolphan4545 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -
>
> I agree Ken. I said it before and I'll say it
> again. Until we give Tua some weapons, he can't be
> fully evaluated. We have no running game, one
> decent wide receiver, and one good pass catching
> tight end. We have the draft picks to address
> these issues. Now it's up to Grier to make the
> right choices.

Bingo. I hate bringing up Tannehill in any conversation because some people cant handle it.

But I think its really relevant here. We need to learn from our past. Tannehill was easily deserving of his Top 10 pick. He was never given a competent Oline and they changed Coordinators and receivers on him like underwear. No consistency.

TUA is not half of athletic as Ryan was. He was able to make up for it all with his legs rolling out , running for yds. Until he got hurt and blew his knee out.

We need to be smarter with TUA. Identify his strength's and weaknesses. Get his a stronger foundation on the oline so plays can develop. Draft players to compliment HIM / Not some kid with good stats that comes for a completely different system . Hes a lefty and Im seeing major consistency issues. Missed steps, players going left when he throws right. When his Rhythm was good he killed it. That comes with time and practice with the same players in the same system. Over and over.

Number one issue facing the Dolphins is Identifying a new OC that will help TUA succeed. Its crucial to his development.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 03, 2021 10:01PM

I have been very disappointed by Tua's play over the past +/-3 games. But, not in a way that makes me think we need to get rid of him or anything. I think all of the following are elements of why his play declined:
- lack of healthy talent manning the skill positions consistently. Part of this is the talent level alone not being good enough...part is that even our top talent wasn't able to perform optimally due to nagging injuries...part is the merry-go-round where perhaps Bowden runs the route differently than Jakeem, for instance - not able to develop consistency & rhythm week in and week out.
- defenses had more tape on him and figured out what to take away
- diminished confidence
- overall philosophy that led to playcalling. Let defense & ST win the games...protect the ball at the expense of the more aggressive parts of the playbook...if you get in a rut, we'll put Fitz in at a point where gunslinging is the only real option. I'm not even saying it was the wrong philosophy...just that, like with any choice, there are pros & cons.

I think all of these will be worked upon over the offseason, and I have confidence they'll be largely remedied. Tua individually has a lot of the work to do. How he handles this offseason will be very telling. I don't have any doubt he'll put in the work, but I do have to hope that his work will translate into the necessary improvements.

I've never been one who thinks competition at any and every position is a bad thing and wished we hadn't treated Tannehill as if it were. While there is a ton of time between now & the draft, I have my doubts, presently, that the best use of the #3 overall pick would be a rookie QB. I think, relative to the past, there's an abundance of legitimate QB talent overall and that will drive down the price of acquiring legitimate competition by whatever means.

Date: January 05, 2021 05:19PM

Ken, while I have always admired your opinions, I believe that you are mistaken about this kid. Did you see ANYTHING that makes you believe that he is worth putting your trust in? I didn't. He apparently can't throw downfield, he doesn't make good decisions very often, he is S-L-O-W, he produces too little offense and too many 3-and-outs and seems lackadaisical. This year, he played 1/2 of decent football, 3 quarters of mediocre football, and the rest garbage. I believe in Flores and Greer, except for QBs. I guess I'll have to accept the kid because they believe in him. I don't know why.
Why do they want a QB that plays like garbage in his rookie season? And its just an excuse to say he needs more weapons. He does, but so why can Fitz make things happen with the same personnel? Experience? I've also been told, "he threw for over 360 yards this week!" So what? When it counted, he had 89 yards. The rest came in garbage time, and you know its true. I've been told that Fitz is a mediocre QB, so what does that make the kid? Think about it.

Rick

Date: January 05, 2021 05:21PM

Excuces. More Excuses. Take off the rose-colored glasses!

Rick

Date: January 05, 2021 07:37PM

1st season. We went 10-6.

Defense is improving....still has some issues. 1st season after rebuild.
We will attack the offense in the next draft. Lots of opinions on how we do that. Looking forward to hearing them all.

Then let's see where we stand.we went in the right direction. The Bills loss was disappointing. Absolutely...but we need to focus and stay on the track we are on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 06, 2021 03:23AM

First game against the Bills we lost by 3. In the second game against the Bills we lost by 30. I'm sure there's reason for optimism but, the trend is in the wrong direction. I'm having a hard time seeing anything but the same generic excuses we've been fed for years.
Well, only 8 months until Dolphins football starts again, Go Phins.

Date: January 06, 2021 03:27AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> First game against the Bills we lost by 3. In the
> second game against the Bills we lost by 30. I'm
> sure there's reason for optimism but, the trend is
> in the wrong direction. I'm having a hard time
> seeing anything but the same generic excuses we've
> been fed for years.
> Well, only 8 months until Dolphins football starts
> again, Go Phins.

Last game of the season most of our starters were either out or banged up. The Bills were pretty healthy. Last year we were 5-11. So Yes 10-6 is a huge improvement in the right direction.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 06, 2021 11:23AM

Last year, even though we finished with a 5-11 record, we finished on a definite upswing and a convincing win against our arch nemesis in their house. We finished the season on a high note and the excitement carried us through the 8 month off season in anticipation of picking up where we left off.
By comparison, this season ended like a wet fart in a pair of white slacks at a job interview. Absolutely nothing positive. Bring on the off-season and some real excitement.

Date: January 06, 2021 11:34AM

Definitely not a high note. Some songs don't finish on a high note, however plenty of them in the chorus and we had some great melodies this season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.