HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chris Grier...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chris Grier...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 28, 2020 02:59PM

...struggles mightily with 1st rd picks.

2017: Charles Harris(over TJ Watt)
2018: Minkah Fitzpatric (attitude problem-traded)
2019:Christian Wilkins (good pick)
2020: #5 Tua(Herbert was the right pick- more on that)
#18 Austin Jackson(good pick)
#30 Noah Iggy (little/no impact in 2020/questionable pick)

With the Dolphins' legacy built on the images and memories of a big, strong-armed QB named Dan Marino. I really don't understand why Chris Grier went out and picked a small, barely average-armed, injury prone QB with a name no one can pronounce. Especially when there was a 6-6 rocket-armed, Rose Bowl MVP QB there for the taking as well. WTF?!!

Was the public pressure too much for Grier not to make the popular pick in Tua? Was he afraid of the backlash from the fans who still embraced the"Tank for Tua" narrative?

It just hurts that the QB we could have had, is setting rookie records, and leading comeback victories in LA. The guy we picked instead is getting benched and watching comebacks by Ryan Fitzpatrick?!

Houston, we have a problem...there's a good chance we'll blow the pick we're getting from you.

Fingers crossed on the 2 first rounders we have in next year's draft.
Hopefully, with Flores' input, and the hired consultants we now have, Grier will get 2 immediate impact players, as any 1st rounder should be.
If not, we can just keep spinning our wheels.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Grier...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 03:07PM

Get waddle and ettiene and you will see two immediate impact players...

Or that other receiver from alabama

Date: December 28, 2020 03:14PM

That would be devonta smith from bama.

He already had some games with tua as the qb.

Najee harris would be the newer version of derrick henry.

Tcpf mark it down....dont say i didnt told you so next year at this time.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 03:54PM

Add sewell or Parsons

2 of best WR and RB available
Smith,Waddle Etienne or Harris
Marshall Bateman ,Toney or Stevenson

Chaz Surratt, Paris Ford, Nasirildeen
eichenbach or Dickerson

Sewell-OL
Harris- RB
Bateman or Toney(Tyreke II)-WR
Cisco , Ford or Nasirildeen-S
Chazz Surratt -LB

if sewell gone

Parsons-LB
Harris- RB
Bateman or Toney(Tyreke II)-WR
Landon Dickerson OL
Cisco , Ford or Nasirildeen-S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2020 03:58PM by jlyell13.

Date: December 28, 2020 07:04PM

socalphin Wrote:
------------------------------------------
> With the Dolphins' legacy built on the images and
> memories of a big, strong-armed QB named Dan
> Marino. I really don't understand why Chris Grier
> went out and picked a small, barely average-armed,
> injury prone QB with a name no one can pronounce.
> Especially when there was a 6-6 rocket-armed, Rose
> Bowl MVP QB there for the taking as well. WTF?!!
>
>

You guys are funny.

Our Legacy? I love Dan Marino as much as the next Dolphins fan. I have a small shrine to him in my den. My oldest son is named Daniel.

But we didn't win shit since 1973.

Back then we had a good QB, a great running game and DEFENSE. We lost in 82 and 83' because our defense couldn't keep us.

This Team isn't about rookie records either. We had that in Ryan Tannehill before ya'll chased him out of town with pitchforks and lanterns.

We are on the verge of the playoffs because of a great defense, and special teams.

TUA is coming along. Hes going to be fine. But he needs an upgrade on the oline and a running game to stretch the field. Our defense will get tweaked....maybe a better safety, could use a more dominant Nose Tackle.

F the past. SORRY to break it to you people my dad just past away at 86. He was 39 the last time we won a Championship. Our past kinda sucks . Our legacy is the best QB that never won a Superbowl.

I love the direction of this team. We are Winning again. WTF people?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 12:41AM

We need receivers more than we need ol. We have 3 rookies that can play already. Receiver is our weakest position on this team...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 03:35AM

Grier and company are making this thing work. Always liked Minka Fitzpatrick he did not have an attitude he just asked questions the staff did not want to hear. He is going to the pro bowl as a safety not a CB. None the less Phins are alive and well and heading in the right direction.

I hope Grier nails this draft. We have the opportunity to get the best WR and RB in the draft and I think we should grab them.

My 4 rnd for the phins right now:

1 Chase WR LSU
1 Etienne RB CLEM
2 Meyers C OH ST
2 Marshall WR LSU Trade down CLE 3rd
3 Melifonwu DB SYR
3 Faalele T MN
4 Ridder QB CIN

2 skilled WRs Meyers is the 2nd ranked C in the draft. Melifonwu is the big athletic S that can cover TE's like Waller. Faale is a big bear of a RT. I would grab Ridder at 4th like his arm and attitude. I think it would be good to have another young qb learn from Fitz in 2021.

I would invest in the O i the draft and focus on the D in free agency.

Date: December 29, 2020 06:50AM

If all that happens missou i will throw a party and you are invited...Ahhh what the hell Tcpf is invted too.

We get to the next level and tua will flourish like youve never seen.

Date: December 29, 2020 10:45AM

smileys with beer

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 29, 2020 11:16AM

We need playmakers, speed, size and toughness across the board. As good as our defense has played for most of this year we have had quite a few games where our players (all of them) have been a step slow.

We also need at least two new receivers and a sizable running back that also has the elusiveness to make defenders miss, power to break tackles and the speed to run away from defenders.

My first addition provided he's available would be Allen Robinson. this gives us a #1 receiver to pair with Parker. Then I'd draft another receiver with our first pick in the upcoming draft. This draft pick has to have speed, size and great hands. Then with our #2 pick I'd take the aforementioned running back.

After that its the best player on the board out of these positions. DE, DT, LB, OL and WR.

Date: December 29, 2020 02:02PM

Tcpf that dumb myth that defense wins championship is just a dumb faitytale.

We have the best defense in football in 2020 and wont even win one game in the playoffs. Why?

Because we have no receivers worth jack....gaskin makes a wonderfull second string rb but he is no number one.

Our defense is best but no offense because receivers cant get open other than gesicky...parker and grant is hirt...and other than the last pats game we could barely run the ball all year.

Open your eyes and learn something.

Date: December 29, 2020 02:14PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tcpf that dumb myth that defense wins championship
> is just a dumb faitytale.
>
> We have the best defense in football in 2020 and
> wont even win one game in the playoffs. Why?
>
> Because we have no receivers worth jack....gaskin
> makes a wonderfull second string rb but he is no
> number one.
>
> Our defense is best but no offense because
> receivers cant get open other than
> gesicky...parker and grant is hirt...and other
> than the last pats game we could barely run the
> ball all year.
>
> Open your eyes and learn something.

Well yes everyone is hurt , It also doesn't help that TUA is getting sacked 4-5 times a game.

No receiver will cure that. But guess what? Best Lineman to walk the planet WILL help any receiver. See how that works? Try to pay attention.

I think you started a whole thread on it:

SAM and his brilliant hypothesis:

The reason tua was taken out of the broncos game was....

Now i know the reason...this game was almost lost...and on the last tua play the oline got beat AGAIN and tua was hit in an ackward way. I thought he was hurt but luckily he wasnt.

No reason to get hurt tua in a meaningless loss anyways.

Tua wasnt playing as bad as i thought after watching game on replay today.

The dolphins oline was getting beat left and right and the receivers werent getting any separation.

THEN YOU WROTE:

We can thank our lucky stars we have tua on one piece today.

They even made some changes on the oline in the 4th quarter.

I havent seen this dolphin oline play this bad for a while.

You know what sam? I AGREE with you 100%. Guess what No receiver can fix that. Either will a RB. We need more OLINEMAN because our line was so bad the few good ones we got last year were an improvement but needs another season.

We need receivers as well. But stop pretending we dont need any Olinemen. You admitted it. You saw it . What changed? You saw # 3 Pick and it goes to your head. You immediately think sexy pick. You live for it. But 1 receiver isnt going to fix what needs fixing.

Your eyes are open......now LEARN something.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 02:15PM

I was kind of mad at hollins because he dropped a few passes...after that drop from tua on a perfect pass mid field...tua was never the same.....but then hollins had that miracle catch from ftsmagic and he was back on my good side.

Date: December 29, 2020 02:20PM

You made those statements on November 23rd after the Bronco game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 02:22PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I was kind of mad at hollins because he dropped a
> few passes...after that drop from tua on a perfect
> pass mid field...tua was never the same.....but
> then hollins had that miracle catch from ftsmagic
> and he was back on my good side.

So is that how we are picking our players in the draft now? Who is on your good side?

You know what.....Fine. Receiver it is. Whatever you say Sam. Rockn Roll. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 02:23PM

We already have a young oline thats going to be better next year....a couple of free agents for depth is what need. We need skill positions and superstars receivers and running backs...not players like gaskin in the later rounds...yes he is good as a second striger but not good enough.

Tcpf you so lost im afraid you might not make it back up for air.

Date: December 29, 2020 02:30PM

How does a Running back or a Receiver stop Sacks?

You know Sam...Often I read from other Forum Members here , KEN stands out , but many others as well......and I say....Hmmmm that makes sense. Good point.

Happens alot actually . Makes for a good forum/discussion. I'm still waiting for you to just back what you say or admit your wrong and move on.

You want sexy superstars , you want NFL 1985 back. You live for that 1 long pass. You dont get the whole game. Thats fair. Just admit it and move on.

I hope you get your receiver. Fastest in the NFL ever. GLUE and suction cups growing from his palms.

But guess what? TUA will still keep getting sacked. repeatedly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 02:39PM

What you dont understand is that we already have our oline set and with one more year in the weightroom they will be even better...

Date: December 29, 2020 02:42PM

Well.....why not just say that for our receiver's? Our Young backs? Why draft anyone? Just get the whole Team on a weight program. Becuase all Linemen are just BIG Oafs. They just need to get bigger. Eat more. Hulk Smash. eye rolling smileygrinning smiley

But yeah.....its me that doesn't have a clue. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 02:47PM

Agreed. Its you.

Date: December 29, 2020 03:00PM

We already addressed the oline in last years draft and hit the jackpot.

2021 we will address the receiver and rb position and hit the jackpot as well.

Date: December 29, 2020 04:22PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We already addressed the oline in last years draft
> and hit the jackpot.
>
> 2021 we will address the receiver and rb position
> and hit the jackpot as well.

Hit the Jack pot?

then why did you post this a month ago?

'

Date: November 23, 2020 02:03PM

We can thank our lucky stars we have tua on one piece today.

They even made some changes on the oline in the 4th quarter.

I havent seen this dolphin oline play this bad for a while.

Seems like an odd comment for someone who thinks we hit the jackPot. BTW TUA got sacked four times Saturday night. Man if thats the Jack Pot I'd hate to see craps.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 29, 2020 09:33PM

Interesting stat:

According to tidbits unearthed by ESPN’s Stats and Information department, nobody is better than Tua Tagovailoa in one area and few are worse than him in another.

The area where he’s the best: He has 10 touchdown passes and no interceptions when he has a clean pocket to throw from. No other quarterback in the league has that many touchdowns and no interceptions with a clean pocket.

But here’s the bad news: On passes thrown at least 15 yards in the air, Tagovailoa has completed only 35.9 percent of his attempts, which is 31st among 36 qualifiers.

A sure sign that TUA needs Oline help first and foremost.

Give him time and a few new recivers and hes gonna surgically cut the NFL up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 30, 2020 03:37AM

Took a look at some clips of several phins game checking out the oline. I remember why I disliked drafting Jackson. Just as he did at USC he is playing w/ out urgency, tenacity and consistency. Nastiness is totally absent from his game. One game Im thinking Flowers really stinks then I noticed another game where Davis is playing LT and Flowers is solid. I think it was the AZ game when after a screw up on the left side it looks as if Flowers is telling Jackson to get it together. He also appears to be satisfied w/ doing the minimum, does not consistently help out when there is no one in front of him on one play he left a blitzer to the rb when he had no one to block. BTW I like how our rbs pass block especially Laird, good coaching.

I would not mind if we grabbed Sewell at #3 and traded Jackson. Some of his issues Im not sure are correctable w/ coaching. When USC played Iowa and Jackson went against Espenesa, Espenesa knocked USC's qb out of the game. Im seeing the same thing now. Jackson does not always get his feet set properly, no initial punch, no hand control, does not control his area of the pocket and when the DLineman gets on his right shoulder he gets dominated and pushed back into the pocket.

I like what I see out of Hunt and Kindley.

Date: December 30, 2020 04:31PM

Great Points Mizzou. But I'd give Jackson some leeway. We cant afford to dump any lineman at this point. Improve YES. Jackson could be a great back up and sitting on the pine will only fire him up to play better. Sewell is just what this team needs. I cant believe we might actually be in aa place to draft him.

Falling down to #3 is just an incredible opportunity AND WE STLL HAVE 3 PICKS IN THE FIRST ROUNDS!!!! Stoooooopid. grinning smileydrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 31, 2020 05:02AM

You and your offensive lineman....We been drafting offensive linemen forever and our receivers still stink and cant get open...

God you dumb.

Date: December 31, 2020 01:58PM

We do need to add one or two O-Linemen for depth and possible upgrades to what we have currently. But, its much more urgent that we add playmakers and speed to the team. We have to move our offense closer to those of the Bills and Chiefs.

Date: December 31, 2020 04:17PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> You and your offensive lineman....We been drafting
> offensive linemen forever and our receivers still
> stink and cant get open...
>
>
> God you dumb.

Yet.....I stick to facts and give reasons for the way I feel the way I do.

Ken feels differently but he explains his point of view and I agree with him to a point. I just think we cant afford to pass up a generational player like Sewell if he falls to #3. Receiver's and Runningbacks are only as good as their Oline not Vice Versa.

Sam its going to be 2021 in a few hours. I hope you make a better effort to express yourself here more intelligently because the Dolphins are going places and I'm enjoying this place again. I think everyone feels it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2021 05:58AM

We finnally agree tcpf. Happy new year.

Date: January 03, 2021 12:03PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Interesting stat:
>
> According to tidbits unearthed by ESPN’s Stats
> and Information department, nobody is better than
> Tua Tagovailoa in one area and few are worse than
> him in another.
>
> The area where he’s the best: He has 10
> touchdown passes and no interceptions when he has
> a clean pocket to throw from. No other quarterback
> in the league has that many touchdowns and no
> interceptions with a clean pocket.
>
> But here’s the bad news: On passes thrown at
> least 15 yards in the air, Tagovailoa has
> completed only 35.9 percent of his attempts, which
> is 31st among 36 qualifiers.
>
> RE: Or it means that his sub par receivers are not helping him out.

> A sure sign that TUA needs Oline help first and
> foremost.

RE: Disagree, we need playmakers and speed to compete going forward. I'm not saying no to O-Line but not in the first round.

>
> Give him time and a few new recivers and hes gonna
> surgically cut the NFL up.

RE: Sure hope so.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.