HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bengals at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bengals at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 06, 2020 01:59AM

Well, there's a football game scheduled for today between the Bengals and the Dolphins at about 1 pm EST. However, one has to wonder what players will be on the field for both teams. Injuries and illness have taken their toll.

As for the Dolphins, our running game has been getting weaker and weaker with players being tried and going down with injuries or testing positive for you know what. I understand Matt Breida is now out because of it. Other running backs are either out, questionable or doubtful. So, who knows if anyone will be in the backfield to run with the ball.

Fitzpatrick will be the QB and Devante Parker and Gesicki will be his primary targets (again).

The Bengal are facing a team they can't prep for. It should be interesting for them too.

With bull horn in hand--Go Dolphins. smiling bouncing smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bengals at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 06, 2020 02:48AM

Evidently Gaskins will be starting. Let's pray that he makes it through the game uninjured.

Date: December 06, 2020 07:51AM

It turns out that Tua will be the starting QB today. I hope he's feeling fine and has an accurate day throwing to receivers. thumbs up

Date: December 06, 2020 09:01AM

injuries are mounting and substitutes are having a tough time. Howard's 8th interception is inspiring though and there's hope we can mount some offense soon. Bengals 7 Dolphins just 3, right now.

Date: December 06, 2020 10:00AM

I guess I am the only one here today.

What a messy, injury laden game thus far. Howard ejected for punching the Bengals receiver (Bond). Talented but foolish player. Howard needs to be smarter. Hope Flores reams him out.

Score is Bengals 7, Dolphins 6 at the half. Ugh!eye rolling smiley

Date: December 06, 2020 10:01AM

Post half time drive for a TD. Good plays and well executed. smileys with beer

Date: December 06, 2020 11:53AM

What was a messy, sloppy game, turned into a game with 5 ejections for various penalties.

The second big hit on Grant while trying to field a kicked ball resulted in a nasty brawl on the field. Tempers flared and they should have because of the nasty hit by #80. Grant never had a chance to field the kick, not just once, but twice before being leveled by #80. He should have been ejected. He made the same aggressive play twice.

Only one third down conversion today and it came with less than a minute to play. A very sloppy game offensively, IMO, and fortunately the Dolphins were playing a tough but poorly executing Bengals team.

The team is now 8-4. We play the Chiefs next time and we will be a major underdog in that game. That will be a very, very tough offensive team to stop.

Date: December 06, 2020 02:01PM

Messy Sloppy? Depends which side of the ball you were looking at.........

"Dolphins Defense Intercepts Two and Records Six Sacks in 19-7 Win Over Bengals"

This is the game we can all look back and realize a FOOTBALL TEAM WAS BORN. Have you ever seen Devonte Parker penalized for anything ever?
Hes a boy Scout. He came out swinging today after they crushed his little buddy Grant. I mean he hit 4 people ....our Head Coach was RIGHT BEHIND HIM. I can only imagine the Locker room after this game.

Howard made a bad decision earlier. , but after that that bench rushing was justified and it showed what this new team is all about. You cant train for that kind of Team development. Heart.

We continue playing great defense and special teams... we win ball games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 06, 2020 02:33PM

Hit hits the long pass to grant but grant drops is.

Wait till we give tua more talented offensive players. Receivers and running backs will be drafted in 2021.

Tua got it going in the second half.

Im proud of this team for standing up for grant. Thats one classless bengals player with that kind of hit. And the retard was laughing in the sidelines. What a lowlife punk.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 06, 2020 02:40PM

I also want to say im proud of parker today for standing up for grant today. He showed another side of him today. Looks like flores can light some fire on every player.

You know what they say. Players sometimes reflect the coaches character and toughness.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 06, 2020 03:53PM

Colonel - I'm sorry you were ghost talking on the board here lol! I was on the road today sad smiley

Well I read about this game and saw some highlights. Right now, all I can say is WOW eye popping smiley

Treasure - You are 100% spot on about looking back at this game and realizing this TEAM was born TODAY.

Coach Flo - Thank you. As much as you have your players backs, Dolphins fans have yours. You are a Godsend to this organization and team. You do not have to apologize for anything.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 06, 2020 04:53PM

D playing great , but poor competition, loving Gaskin, have to get some more WR that can get open and catch . Where is Kirk Merritt?? Why no Malcolm Perry ?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 06, 2020 05:05PM

I also was out and about today, hearing parts of the game on the radio while driving between errands (not sure why they played our game on a local sports station, but was happy to be able to listen).

Having both fights/ejection episodes be described by radio broadcasters was interesting.

Defense definitely made the difference, and we need to get better on 3rd down conversions - especially third and short.

The strength of schedule for the last four games is going to be tough. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we only one 1 out of the 4.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 06, 2020 10:16PM

I was proud to see how our team - including Flo - came together to support their own in a situation that was clearly classless and uncalled for. Before any of the ejections and certainly after Howard/Boyd but before the melee I noted to my son how incompetent the reffing crew appeared to be as they seemed to want the focus of the spotlight on their ineptitude in making even the easy calls.

Particular disappointment in the Bengals HC for letting 80 continue to play in the game after the 1st completely classless act. They flashed a graphic of how each of the teams has performed W-L since: (a) getting new HC at the same time and (b) drafting QB high in 2020. After something like 80's 1st classless act, Flo would have given him the "if it happens again - and I don't mean just today - you're done". After the 2nd, I believe he would have followed thru. Seeing that thug sit on the sideline smiling and yuk-ing it up with teammates high-5-ing him tells me all I need to know about why they are as they are and to double down on my thankfulness for why we are as we are.

Date: December 07, 2020 03:45AM

I enjoy watching a competitive game that is mostly penalty free. Sure, sometimes the officiating crew is inconsistent and penalties are called for the slightest infractions...but overall, a good clean game means both teams are well trained, disciplined, and probably competitive with one another. As we all know Shula's teams were often the least penalized team in the league.

The defense is playing pretty well it appears. The test for them will be coming soon starting next Sunday. Few teams have been able to thwart Mahomes. The defense shows spunk and heart, and they are working as a unit--they are meshing. This is good to see and tells me the Dolphins are making great strides in team building.

#80's play got him key focus. However, what he did twice was all "me, me" not team oriented. The Bengals' coach should have admonished him for being overly aggressive and not doing what was in the Bengals' best interests. This was a failure on this young coach's leadership the first time it happened. Not scolding him led to the second overly aggressive hit that could have ruined Grant's career or altered his life. His behavior can't be tolerated and the coach failed as did the officiating team IMO. #80 should have been ejected and the NFL should look at his overall acts for possible punishment. He caused a brawl that led to an assistant coach, I believe, getting knocked to the ground as tempers flared in support of Grant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.