HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins at Jets: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins at Jets: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 28, 2020 02:36AM

This is game #2, the rematch following a shut out performance by the Dolphins against the win less Jets.

Injuries for both teams will have an effect on game play. It's been reported that Tua is questionable at QB because of a injury to his thumb sustained during practice. Who will be in the backfield running with the ball is also up in the air. Question marks everywhere it seems.

The game is being played in East Rutherford and the weather should be fair.

Game starts around 1pm.

Dolphins need to step it up from last Sunday's inconsistent and out of sync effort to beat the Jets.

Go Get 'em Dolphins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins at Jets: Gameday Thread
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 28, 2020 10:43AM

Fitzmagic will be starting, maybe for the rest of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2020 10:55AM by Hooligan2.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 28, 2020 02:46PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's been reported that Tua is
> questionable at QB because of a injury to his
> thumb sustained during practice.

This afternoon I heard that they downgraded him to 'doubtful' so it's even less likely he'll play.

I just hope we don't become the first Jets' win of the season. C'mon Fitzie, bring home a W.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: November 29, 2020 07:02AM

I see Tua is officially out now, but I have faith in Fitz

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 29, 2020 07:32AM

NFL.com is now reporting that Tua may be out multiple weeks but there has been speculation for several days that the Denver game exposed that Tua is absolutely inept at reading cleverly disguised defenses at the NFL level and the Denver game broadcast to the other teams on our remaining schedule how to beat him.
Now, alot of the "information" floating around the web is pure speculation while alot is pure BS but, some tidbits are gleaned from insider leaks and thus loosely based on fact. It is up to the reader to weed through the chafe.
The speculation is that Fitz provides the only chance to make the play-offs at this point.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 29, 2020 07:57AM

Fitz is the starter today and that's quite ok. I'm glad that Flores isn't trying to rush anything as that would be a detriment to Tua and the entire team. Tua needs to be 100% healthy first and foremost and in addition he still has a lot to learn.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 29, 2020 07:59AM

The only reason tua is out is because of the hand injury.

The oline needs to play better than the broncos game.

Nothing more to that.

Date: November 29, 2020 08:11AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> NFL.com is now reporting that Tua may be out
> multiple weeks but there has been speculation for
> several days that the Denver game exposed that Tua
> is absolutely inept at reading cleverly disguised
> defenses at the NFL level and the Denver game
> broadcast to the other teams on our remaining
> schedule how to beat him.
> Now, alot of the "information" floating around the
> web is pure speculation while alot is pure BS but,
> some tidbits are gleaned from insider leaks and
> thus loosely based on fact. It is up to the reader
> to weed through the chafe.
> The speculation is that Fitz provides the only
> chance to make the play-offs at this point.

That makes sense.

I'm not trying to make any excuses but also think that transitioning from playing football from 9 feet above level to 5,280 feet wouldn't be an easy thing to do. The entire team pretty much seems to have been completely gassed which could have been attributed to altitude change. I don't know how many days the Dolphins spent in Denver prior to playing but I'm personally assuming that it wasn't long enough. At the end of the the day though I think the whole team was exposed.

Date: November 29, 2020 09:44AM

It's half time and Dolphins have the lead.

What amazes me is Gore. He has a tough runner and clearly will be a hall of fame pick. Dolphins are not doing a good job stopping him. The defense appears lethargic to me and the secondary still seems to be a step off allowing too many completions.

Fitzpatrick is having a decent game so far but needs to throw to more receivers. We need some variety to open up the offense. Our running game remains very weak. Breida has trouble going straight ahead. I suggest getting him into the open field and lob a quick pass to him where he can use is speed. Can't get past the fact that our running back position is in dire need of a powerful 3 down ground pounder. That's what is missing.

Finally, Sanders is a top notch kicker. He's a keeper. Maybe the best in the league right now.

Date: November 29, 2020 10:13AM

Breida won't be on the team next year. He has little to offer. His fumble and recovery by the Jets will be remembered.

We need a focus on the running game in the future.

Date: November 29, 2020 11:49AM

colonel Wrote:
> Breida won't be on the team next year. He has
> little to offer. His fumble and recovery by the
> Jets will be remembered.
>
> We need a focus on the running game in the future.

It was an "ugly" win but I'll take it, but I agree, the running game needs attention. With a solid run game to keep a defense honest, the passing game would be easier especially for our young QB.

Date: November 29, 2020 12:00PM

Fitzpatrick did a nice job. Running backs, not so much. Xavien Howard's 7th interception was very welcome...two thumbs up. For 2020 we have improved our record with the Jets. Two wins and the Jets score a whopping 3 points. That's a laughable 1.5 points per game. smiling bouncing smiley

The Jets are on the road to get the top pick in the draft. Gase continues to show that he's the right HC for the Jets. (He's terrible--glad we cut him loose!) I feel sorry for the NY Jets fan, they really deserve a little better. (Cam Cameron???)

On a serious note, the Dolphins need more work in the secondary. Coverage is being touted by broadcasters as something special, they don't follow the Dolphins like we do, and their hype is off. Coverage on decent receivers is really spotty IMO. The Jet's Mims got free far too often...he's a good player. CBs have to play tighter and tackle better.

Back on the running backs. The Dolphins are barely mounting a running game. Washington a recognizable name, but not the player with the name on his jersey....We'll be looking for walk-on players soon. Myles Gaskin showed some promise until his injury. Laird, who I like because he is versatile, gets a chance and has the ball striped. He's been ineffective. Two running back fumbles...Jets get the ball--not good at all. This is a big problem.

Most importantly, the team is now 7-4. How about that! The team is coming together. I have to mention #44 Roberts...this guy plays with venom in his eyes and hits hard. A real thumper. Tough play that is worthy of respect from team mates and the knocked silly opposition.

All and all, we should be pleased with the win. Go Dolphins!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2020 12:03PM by colonel.

Date: November 29, 2020 12:14PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> The only reason tua is out is because of the hand
> injury.
>
> The oline needs to play better than the broncos
> game.
>
> Nothing more to that.

I Would love to make a wet firecracker joke.....But even if the mods refuse to see it ......I am a Dolphins fan first and foremost.

This has more to do with just a sprained thumb. With all our running backs out injured we need a more mobile QB. Making TUA the starter for a bit gave him some experience at the NFL level which was made even more valuable without a Pre Season. TUA had zero experience and needed a few starts. Drew Brees was benched for a bit early in his career twice.

"Brees said sitting out for those five weeks "really gave me perspective.""

Flores got to see what he needed to see and where he needs to help TUA adjust to the NFL. Be nice to make the playoffs but ruining your future starter makes no sense right now. Especially with a perfectly viable option like Fitz available.

Dont look into this as anything other then smart coaching and developing our starting QB for the future. Schools in session.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 29, 2020 01:19PM

And you still in love with tannehill. Marry him already will you?

Or get a room and get it over with.

You need to let him go already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2020 01:25PM by samsam3738.

Date: November 29, 2020 01:23PM

Tua has way more potential and upside than tannehill ever did.

Tannehill is just lucky to be playing in a team with many superstars.

He will still choke at the right time if the running game falters just like last year.

And while iam saying this you still in LOVE.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 30, 2020 05:56AM

Interesting game in the sense that I never felt like Miami would lose, but I also never felt that they were playing particularly well. I guess that's a tribute to how bad the jets are.

Some might disagree with me but I think Xavien Howard is one of the few elite talents on this roster. The man just keeps making plays. To those who think the pass coverage has been less than stellar at times, without Xavien, it would be exponentially worse.

Devante Parker is clearly our best player on offense. I'd love to see Gesicki get more targets because I think he's better than his stats have shown, but beyond those two guys, it's rather thin. Wide receiver is a huge need this offseason.

As far as needing a receiver this offseason, running back is equally, if not more, important. Time we spend a higher pick on a quality runner. I still like Najee Harris but there are other equally promising college running backs that would be a huge upgrade over what we currently have.

Finally, the offensive line is still far from complete. We need a young center and possibly a tackle to play opposite Jackson. I think Hunt is more suited to play guard but it's early to be making any snap conclusions. Without a solid O line, Tua will not be able to progress the way he needs to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.