HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Seattle v. Miami: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Seattle v. Miami: Gameday Thread
Date: October 07, 2020 03:35AM

Howard got juked , beat out more then a few times as well. He did make up for it with that INT .....Im not impressed with josh Boyer or Curt Kuntz.They need to stop the bleeding on defense. Find a spark.....something.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 09, 2020 03:04AM

I agree that Boyer & Kuntz need to stop the bleeding. In listening to comments by players & coaches this week, there seems to be agreement that communication - specifically post lining up but pre-snap - needs to improve. I'd prefer that this be the big problem rather than things like: lack of talent, scheme that just doesn't work, lack of player development over time, effort/buy-in. Communication - while not easy - I believe is easier to significantly improve quickly relative to other issues like the ones I mentioned.

I have re-watched most of the full game, and I can say that there were clearly identifiable times where scheme, playcall & adjustments and execution came together to great effect. That's encouraging to me to see what can happen when talented people all doe their jobs well in coordination with one another.

While I haven't liked coaches' adjustments in response to Jones' injury, I am anxious to see how things develop when the planned players are on the field together.

As I try to think big picture, I'm really try to constantly remind myself:
- the D has 5 new players from last year's starting 11...6 if you count that X went down so early in Flores' 1st season
- there was no real offseason/preseason
My (hopefully reasonable) expectation is that over the course of the season we get stronger on D and demonstrate that we have the pieces to have defense actually be a long-term strength.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 09, 2020 03:32AM

TSStamper--it's about synchronization. I think you nailed it. Practice and on field play and post game review will help get the players on the same coverage play. Look for fewer coverage mistakes each game and that will be evidence that things are coming together. Look for improvement this week against the 49ers. If we can score some TDs we might just beat them. thumbs up

Date: October 09, 2020 01:32PM

All good points above for sure.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.