HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Seattle v. Miami: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Seattle v. Miami: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 04, 2020 02:50AM

The Mariners make the long trek to South Florida to engage the Dolphins on a wet field of play. The Mariners are a good team and the Dolphins will be tested everywhere.

Each week the Dolphins have showed a few degrees of improvement and I do expect the same this week but will it be enough for the team to hang with the Mariners? The challenge is there. How far will the Dolphins step up to meet it. Tune in and find out. Game starts around 1 pm again.

Go Dolphins! Keep your heads about you. Stay focused as a unit. cool smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle v. Miami: Gameday Thread
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 04, 2020 04:27AM

Though I'm not predicting a win, it's a winnable game for us. A strong running game and a couple of turnovers will probably be necessary to limit their offense's opportunities.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 04, 2020 06:39AM

Its always winnable before game starts.

Id be happy if we can just make it competitive throughout 4 quarters.

Probably not but thats my wish. Just look like you belong.

Date: October 04, 2020 08:04AM

My wish:
No blackouts....hopefully the Dolphins stadium can get it right.

Dolphins are going in the right direction hopefully they take advantage of the Seahawks lack of depth on defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 08:06AM

Shit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 08:18AM

Brieda starting......hes going to come on!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 08:40AM

Couple of things:

The field looks like crap. With all the rain we've had, why does it look so dry and patchy.

Parker: He continues to be injury prone. Losing him will make it difficult for the offense to click. If he comes back to play he will not be close to being able to get free of his defender.

Fitzpatrick seems to have a weak throw this week...at this point in the game.

Getting 3 points after the holding call which was probably wrong stop our momentum.

Date: October 04, 2020 08:50AM

Parker coming on.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 08:55AM

Brieda run was good; Parker moves the chains some more and we get 3 more points. Still in the game.

Fitzpatrick trying hard to thread the needle and is getting close to being picked off again. He needs to find the open receiver, IMO, and they exist.

Date: October 04, 2020 08:56AM

Soprano would be so proud......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 09:12AM

SACK--Stopped them on 4th down gambit.

Date: October 04, 2020 09:35AM

Damn--it was close at 10-9 going with seconds left before half time.

Secondary screw up allows BIG passing play and sets thing up for a Seattle TD. Receiver was uncovered. Big mistake; Wilson found his receiver and is still saying " I can't believe how open your were" to his receiver.

Half time now and I hope we can regain composure and strike back with some good offensive plays and a few TDs.

Date: October 04, 2020 09:59AM

Howard picks off Russell in the end zone stopping Seattle cold. Great play.

Now we can get back into this ball game. Go Dolphins!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 10:01AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Howard picks off Russell in the end zone stopping
> Seattle cold. Great play.
>
> Now we can get back into this ball game. Go
> Dolphins!!!
YES! About time our secondary played like one!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 10:07AM

Soprano city.......but at least they are keeping us in the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 10:25AM

FU Pete!grinning smiley.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 10:40AM

Iggy is just not ready to start a CB. Terrible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 10:49AM

SIGH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 04, 2020 11:24AM

Made too many mistakes and not enough plays...but the reffing wasn't fair today. Tough to overcome a more talented team, your own mistakes AND the zebras.

Date: October 04, 2020 11:35AM

Well, no celebration today. We had chances and just couldn't do it. Secondary is still showing inexperience although the O-line looks like it is coming around. RB #34 Howard had few touches and he doesn't seem to be close to what was expected of him.

What was key to this game IMO was Russell Wilson. He's an elite QB and is quite capable of carrying his team to victory. He's very capable of timing his deep throws and getting them on target. Kudos to him. He's a keeper. LOL

The Dolphins despite today's loss (not a beating) are progressing. There are mistakes here and there that made a difference. In this game Fitzpatrick tried hard trying to pinpoint passes and was intercepted twice. One was a deflection at the beginning of the game the other was in coverage. Both interceptions put Seattle in the right place at the right time and with Wilson's capable arm got them two knock down TDs.

The Dolphins are 1-3 and face the 49ers next Sunday in SF. Another good match up to test us.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 04, 2020 12:14PM

Agree completely!

Rick

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 04, 2020 05:39PM

Fitz bringing back Chad Henne nightmares
moving between the twenties but no end zone

Date: October 05, 2020 03:42AM

With 5 field goals instead of TDs, one has to wonder whether it's plays being called that are failing from the start because they are bad plays or whether they are good plays with miserable execution that causes them to fail.

Clearly, nothing is a sure thing and lots of teams have difficulty once they get to the 20 or inside it close to the end zone, yet we, the Dolphins seem to show a lack of ability to 1) get free on a quick pass, or 2) break free to score on the ground.

Running up the middle may not be the right call. Spreading out the defense and then running between gaps may be better? Maybe? Maybe not! Creative plays aren't necessarily trick plays. Creative plays momentarily freeze a defensive player (or 2) and that moment, that timing moment for running or passing is critical IMO. I don't know the answer and can only speculate as a fan. Something, is not quite right. Could it be the personnel on the field? Maybe. Are we using the right back? Remember when "The Refrigerator" was used to carry the ball? Sure it was a gimmick play, but scoring did occur. Perry was an unusual ball carrier for the Bears. Using a blocking fullback way back when, and to a less extent today, seems to work for some teams. A running threat at QB makes a scoring worry for the defense too. Not saying we need to encourage Fitzpatrick to be our lead rusher at or within a few yards of the goal line, but someone with a real hard running threat needs to be deployed, even if it's a ruse for a quick pass to an open receiver.

Something needs to be carefully evaluated and changed so TDs occur. That's the bottom line. Make it happen. That's an order! winking smiley

Colonel

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 05, 2020 08:03AM

No Fins games here on the west coast so as usual I'm looking at things after the fact. Sounds like a tough loss. Some things I read in the news is that Iggy has been getting torched 4 games straight and Fitz is taking responsibility for this loss.

I still wouldn't risk putting Tua in. Not unless there's some serious garbage time during a game that the Fins are getting totally smoked, and with their opponent playing "prevent nothing". It's really not worth the risk IMO.

This team still has a long way to go. I consider this season a total wash, it was far from normal from the get go. Half ass off season training and no preseason games as a result of this stupid covid pandemic seems to have affected this team, especially with so many changes at once during a total rebuild.

I feel no need to point fingers and rant whatsoever. What's happening right now is something I totally expected. I'm chill about it. Things will get better eventually, I'm guessing that next season will be better than this when the regular season starts.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 05, 2020 09:00AM

Our whole season next year depends if tua can stay healthy and be a great player for us.

With another draft on the books next year there is another round of Olineman and the Oline gets even better. We are on the right track. We need another receiver to dominate like parker and a Star RB. Our tend of the future is gesicky...He will be great.

Counting that tua will be the QB of the future

We need

1. RB
2. WR
3. OL
4.Cornerback
5> DE-DT

Date: October 05, 2020 01:37PM

Our biggest glaring problem used to be the Oline. Much improved pass Defending but they are not opening holes for the Running game.
Our biggest issue now is that secondary. Its pathetic. Any team playing us is gonna throw throw throw .We sacked Wilson twice yesterday which never happens....so the entire defense doesn't suck, but those corners .....including Howard....he had a great INT in the endzone.....but he also gave up tons of field. Iggy....hes a rookie....but a 1st rounder should at least show some competence. Terrible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 06, 2020 05:22AM

Competition at the professional level is far greater than what college players see and experience even against the best opponents. Iggy as he is being called for short, is not matching up well at the moment. He's like a puppy chasing a ball that's thrown in the back yard. He knows a ball is being thrown but has to wait for it to bounce a few times before he gets it. With experience that same puppy may follow the ball as it's being thrown and catch it in the air.

It's easy to come down hard on IGGY because he's a top pick...just give him more time and he'll hopefully anticipate plays and see coverage better and perhaps stay with receivers when in man to man. Right now he's one of the key secondary weak links. Coaches need to continue working with him. I remain optimistic going into game 5 that he will improve a bit. cool smiley

Date: October 06, 2020 06:06AM

Although I've felt that our coaching staff does a really good job of developing players and putting them in position to succeed, with Iggy, I've been surprised that they didn't keep him in the slot (where he lined up in the abbreviated training camp) and put someone like Needham on the boundary. I get that Iggy is far more talented than Needham, but this early in his career, there's much more than talent for him to begin really fulfilling his early potential and I think the consistency could have been helpful to that end.

Date: October 06, 2020 07:08PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Competition at the professional level is far
> greater than what college players see and
> experience even against the best opponents. Iggy
> as he is being called for short, is not matching
> up well at the moment. He's like a puppy chasing a
> ball that's thrown in the back yard. He knows a
> ball is being thrown but has to wait for it to
> bounce a few times before he gets it. With
> experience that same puppy may follow the ball as
> it's being thrown and catch it in the air.
>
> It's easy to come down hard on IGGY because he's a
> top pick...just give him more time and he'll
> hopefully anticipate plays and see coverage better
> and perhaps stay with receivers when in man to
> man. Right now he's one of the key secondary weak
> links. Coaches need to continue working with him.
> I remain optimistic going into game 5 that he will
> improve a bit. cool smiley

I hear you Colonel.believe me I hate coming down hard on a rookie. It sucks that he doesn't get a season to get acclimated But he is single handedly losing us football games. A first rounder should at the very least be a young dog with a decent bark....not a puppy chasing a ball. If he was a 6th/7th rounder thrown into the mix by circumstances out of his control, I wouldn't say much , But he's not even showing any ability to ever be able to stop anyone .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 07, 2020 12:50AM

TC, I agree that Iggy should be better than he is showing...no question about that. While not stated earlier (above) I don't wonder about his physical ability, but wonder about his football smarts, his awareness. That may be his real problem and if it's very low, no amount of work will improve it to match his draft rank. We need to see how he progresses. He needs tutoring!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.