HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          questionable QB room
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
questionable QB room
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 04, 2020 07:22PM

Does anybody else have a problem with the rumored release of Josh Rosen? It seems a foolish and dangerous idea to go into the season with two QBs, one 38 years old and one who hasn't played a down in 18 months, hasn't taken a hit on his surgically-repaired hip and nobody has any idea, including himself (he's stated this) how he's going to react to that first hit. This seems to be taking a BIG gamble that it isn't necessary to take.

I admit, I'm not sold on this Tua kid at all and I wasn't particularly impressed by his play in big games (other than the one that made his rep), but taking a chance on a hip that wasn't just dislocated, but the hip socket was itself damaged, seems like the height of folly.

I haven't disagreed with a single decision that Brian Flores and company have made up to this point, but I strongly disagree with this one. If our 38-yr-old QB gets hurt, we have to go with a VERY inexperienced kid whom so many people want to brush off or at best just completely ignore his considerable injury history. Again, this seems to be taking a chance that we don't need to take.

My only hope is that Flores is going to release Rosen now and re-sign him after the deadline so that the Dolphins aren't on the hook for his entire salary this year. After all, chances aren't bad that he will clear waivers and be available for us. Then, if we need him, we've got him and if Tag-O-Vai-Loa grows into the budding superstar he's supposed to be (personally, I'm not holding my breath), we can then release Rosen with no consequences (other than him being a cheap backup for two years).

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: questionable QB room
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 04, 2020 08:23PM

I hadn't thought of the release/re-sign scenario.

In my mind, I've always thought that Fitz & Tua are similar in a lot of ways. Obviously, the thought is that Tua has some potentially elite traits that Fitz doesn't (e.g. accuracy) and youth. Rosen, on the other hand, clearly has a talented arm (best of the 3, supposedly) but really doesn't seem to share any other traits like awareness, quick processing, leadership, scrambling/athleticism. So, I've wondered well before his release, whether the offense would have to adapt so dramatically to him that it just wouldn't make sense for him to be an option.

I agree that 2 QB is risky esp. this year. Maybe they get someone who's more in the Fitz/Tua mold and could be more plug & play should it come to them being called upon.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 05, 2020 06:11AM

Why is the front office playing Russian Roulette with Rosen? I find the premise foolhardy. I am thinking there is something about Rosen that is not being revealed. confused smiley A third QB--who are the Dolphins going to bring in? There will be somebody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2020 06:14AM by colonel.

Date: September 05, 2020 07:57AM

"if nobody claims Rosen, who is due $750,000 this season, he’ll get that $3.8 million from Miami because his salaries in 2020 and 2021 are guaranteed."

In thinking this was a money move or they want another kid they are anticipating is getting released this weekend . Makes no sense going into the season with 2 QBs with questionable traits.....Age and injury history.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.