HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Russ Lande Interview
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Russ Lande Interview
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 25, 2009 04:32AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Russ Lande Interview
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 25, 2009 12:33PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 25, 2009 01:09PM

It's interesting what people take away from articles when they read them. To me, the most exciting thing was what Russ Lande said about Patrick Turner. The White issue was not as important to me, as he wasn't really saying anything I didn't know, although I felt encouraged by what he said.

As far as Pat White, hey I hope I love the guy, and he's on our team now and I wish him the best of success. There's nothing more I'd like than to find a real weapon for our offense. But White is not Barry Sanders, and in fact he's not a running back at all, he's a quarterback. And he's not necessarily small in terms of short, he's skinny with a small frame. That wasn't an issue in college, but it will be in the NFL, playing against bigger, faster people. In regards to running lanes, if you recall, there weren't many lanes in the 2nd half of the season to run the wildcat, because teams learned to defend against it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 25, 2009 01:56PM

His comment on Hartline makes me think of Wilford. I hope not.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: May 25, 2009 04:51PM

It is true that teams 'learned' to defend the Wildcat to this extent:

They sold-out on plugging those running lanes and covered the 'trick' pass ( flea flicker); they did leave plenty of open WR's because they knew Ronnie brown would sooner grind out 3 yards then try a challenging throw.

The first time they line up with Pat white in the Wildcat, they need to be ready to take what the D gives them. If they treat it the same as they did with Ronnie? He won't have to run...he will have open guys on the outs and crossing the middle.

If they cover those guys...then there will be running lanes either for Pat or the crossing back.

It is a whole new thing since he can pass or run, and let's not forget...catch. Chad Pennington was not a serious WR threat, Pat White is. 3 new elements for defenses to consider.

AND..in 2009...they will not have a 'book' on it. they won't have keys and tendancies. It will be pure reaction and athleticism. So i think Pat's chances are going to be quite good once he learns to play at NFL speed 9 which is true of any rookie).

Posted by: Marc D ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:31AM

Hey 'Phin fans,

Just wanted to thank you for enjoying the article. I also send big thanks to both Curt and Russ for taking time out of their busy schedules to make this article happen.

Best,
Marc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.