HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Randy Starks out on bail
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Randy Starks out on bail
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 24, 2009 03:21PM

Randy Starks was arrested and is now out on bail. IF the reports of his crime are true, Miami has to cut him ASAP. Cant have a guy like that around.

He deserves his day in court, but if found guilty.......he's gotta GO!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 03:26PM by MikeO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Randy Starks out on bail
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: May 24, 2009 05:35PM

Agreed. We don't need that on our team

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:50PM

At least he didn't get a DUI. It all sounds fishy to me.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 25, 2009 03:30AM

Somebody out there has to have the skinny. Care to share? Because there was no mention of drugs or alcohol, I am optimistic that the consequences won't be to severe. It kind of sounds like he initially didn't notice the officer, then he tried to pull over a bit and hit the cop. Maybe the cop was a little cornered in and Starks couldn't tell because of the enormity of the truck and all the people in it.

With that being said, it was stupid of Randy to allow so many people in and on his vehicle. He was begging for trouble.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: May 25, 2009 05:38AM

I think the brass should cut him and maybe let one of the rookies play for a roster spot in the pre season. I like Ryan Baker 6ft 5 nearly 300 lbs I think he could possibly be kind of like what Shane Burton was for us. A hard nose bring your lunch pail to work type of player. I think if he is given the oppurtunity. He could help the Dolphins this year as a part time player.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 25, 2009 07:21AM

I don't like this situation. Starks should definitely be put on a very short leash. This whole ordeal stinks of Randy Moss like antics.

That being said, I really wish that this regime would take a much closer look at Roderick Wright...and I hope he works hard this off-season to give them something to look at.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 26, 2009 04:59PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 05:19PM

I think it will come out that starks didn't do anything wrong--if there was a whiff of booze on him, or if they found something in his pockets, or if he really and intentionally veered toward the cop to try to injure him, or if he was at all conforntational during the arrest, this would be all over the reports. it's not so it's just a case of driving while black. you guys that want to cut him just gotta take a step back and look at the whole picture

Date: May 26, 2009 05:27PM

I don't want to cut him, but I don't think it is a case of "driving while black". More likely it was a case of driving with too many people in a vehicle. I was in a car that was pulled over for the same reason in Myrtle Beach when I was in high school. Fortunately, the driver was sober. The unopened beers in the car were confiscated since we were all under age, but we were let off with a warning.

Date: May 26, 2009 06:21PM

yep when the uss john f kennedy cv-67 the ship i was stationed on pulled into port in ft lauderdale in 2004 or 5 i believe, i rented a sebring convertable, aparantly having myself and 7 passengers is illegal, i got a ticket by a cop on a bike lol. but it was fun yelling at all the ladies on the small strip there!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 06:38PM

Neither of you was arrested and taken to jail though

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: May 26, 2009 07:16PM

Free Randy Starks!!!

Date: May 27, 2009 02:30AM

From what I recall, we were very cooperative, polite and apologetic. That goes a long way when dealing with the police. The same goes for students in a school. Some respond well to corrections and some are resistant and rude. Those beligerent ones are the kids that eventually get in trouble and end up being sent to the office. I wonder how Starks and his friends dealt with the police. Certainly bumping the cop and pinning the cop against a car doesn't bode well whether it was accidental or not. The truth usually lies somewhere inbetween. My guess is that Randy will be fined and let off of the hook.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 27, 2009 03:44AM

I doubt you were like that at senior week Twilley.....LOL!!! I went to Myrtle Beach every Senior week from the time I was about 15 or 16 up to 20.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 27, 2009 04:13AM

It is not inconceivable to think that Starks did not even see or hear the officer. No one in their right mind is going to do something like that when they are sober and he was sober.

What he did was act a little stupid by allowing 9 people in a four passenger car. WOW....let's cut him. Some of you are a little quick to rush to judgement.

I can almost picture a police officer knocking on the vehicle (not window) and getting very ticked off because he got no response. Sounds like he may have overreacted to me.

First you have to imagine the atmosphere in and around the vehicle. Do you think music may have been playing? Do you think the 9 people were talking or were they all just dead quiet? Do you think there was any noise from the bumper to bumper traffic and surrounding party atmosphere?

I don't think this is a big deal...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 27, 2009 06:11AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don't think this is a big deal...

It probably would not had been a big deal if if was anybody alse than a pro football player. They are probably going to make some money out of all this.

PS. The PD is going to make it look worst that it was i bet.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 27, 2009 06:52AM

gotta hear everyting on this one, hearing a lot of 'profiling by cops' on this one. i understand they do this quite a bit in S Beach. Some of my friends down there told me years ago that the cops do treat the local (Af/American population) a lot differently than the out of towners.

No problem w/ stuffing chicks in your car sounds like a normal good time. What happened after the cop told him to pull over is what counts.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 27, 2009 01:02PM

whatever.

F THE POLICE

Date: May 27, 2009 03:22PM

A&O those were the days. I went both my junior and senior years. Wild times!!! None of these stories we ever read about came close. Except for those that involved guns like Plex, Pacman and Lewis. A few bare hand bar fights, but no weapons for me. I am pretty forgiving of those young adults that get caught partying. With that said, I didn't have millions to jeapordize either. I like to think that I would have been squeaky clean with so much on the line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 03:22PM by Jonathan Twilley.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2009 08:06AM

Yea, lets cut him for driving with too many people in the car while sober and black. Or maybe we should cut him for being "rude" to a cop.

Because Starks is just like Randy Moss except without the battery charge, the pot charge, squirting water in the face of an official, mooning Packers fans, leaving the field before the game is over, and declaring that he only plays when he wants to play. But other than, he's the Randy Moss of DEs.

LOL!

The only way Starks is getting cut is if he gets beaten out. I don't think that will happen this year.

Date: June 17, 2009 09:50AM

Posted by: opus ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:36PM

This is what happens when an officer gets his panties in a bunch because he doesn't like what he sees and decides to "teach someone a lesson" If the Chicago cop identified herself this should have been done and over with in about 5 minutes, instead this guy had a bug up his backside and went the full nine yards. Instant a-hole, just add authority.

Date: June 18, 2009 04:36AM

I am pretty certain that Starks will be found not guilty or the case will be thrown out entirely. With that having been said, having a police officer in the car does not mean anything. There are plenty of police that violate laws. I have known a few. I suggest that this is particularly the case with Chicago cops. They are almost as corrupt as Chicago politicians.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 03:49PM by Jonathan Twilley.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 18, 2009 06:09AM

I agree. Looks like Starks is getting off here. And I also agree having a cop in the car means nothing. Cops break laws too!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 18, 2009 09:25AM

Having an out of town may mean nothing *on paper* but behind the scenes I think it means a lot.

Think about it, a chief or other high-ranking cop in Chicago calls the chief on Miami Beach and says something like "Why not spare both forces some bad press and just drop the charges?"

Cops from different departments do each other favors all the time (and in this case, it'd be a good thing).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.