HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft Grade?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft Grade?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 26, 2020 05:20AM

The reality is you can give it an A, or C, but absolutely nobody can truly tell how good or bad it was until 2-3 years from now. Watch videos guys like Kiper are wrong 50% of the time. He said Russell Wilson would be a Seneca Wallace like backup

Wishes:

Tua stays healthy and becomes our franchise QB and leads us to a championship like he did the Tide

Although maybe not glamorous
the D and O line trench rebuild makes the backfield WR corp and defensive secondary so much better

Weaver will come in with a chip and be Cam Wake like pass rush threat

Brieda can stay healthy and he and Howard can give us two 1000 yd backs

Perry gives us a multidimesional weapon
that D's can't control

We still have 10 picks in 2021, 4 in the first 2 to fill some holes

Write down your draft and in 2-3 years compare it to the Phins. I hope to say they were right, something I haven't been able to do much over the last 20 years, closing in 50 years following the Phins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft Grade?
Date: April 26, 2020 11:43AM

Many draft graders said Miami reached Day 1 on Picks 18 and 26 and on day 2 but absolutely killed it on Day 3 focusing mainly on the acquisition of Weaver in the 5th. Any Idea why he dropped from the 1st round? Nobody knows.

F the draft grades. We definitely addressed our greatest areas of need. Especially the Oline with guys our front office coveted. Man I hope they all work out and contribute to the team.

We have lots of potential. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 26, 2020 04:05PM

It's all relative. They guys saying we stole weaver are the same ones that had him going in the first in their mocks.

Think about that. They portray themselves as experts yet not one team liked the guy well enough to take him 5 times.

No one will know for a couple years. What I do know is we've been run on and couldn't run the ball for years. That was addressed in a big way. We also took a chance on greatness over settling for the safe pick at 5. Had Tua not hurt his hip the discussion leading up to the draft would have been which qb the bengals were going to take...tua or burrow. Herbert wouldn't have been in that discussion and shouldn't have been at 5.

I'm thrilled about this draft. Remember, this is the first offseason of a complete rebuild. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 26, 2020 06:00PM

I'm happy with this draft. And to think we have two in the 1st and two in the 2nd already for next year. I'm willing to be patient for this franchise to be reborn and feel really good about it.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 27, 2020 04:03AM

Im happy also. Like the attitude of this management group. No more we are just around the corner from competing false dreams. These guys are looking for guys that they can mold into players. Tua, Jackson Igbi all need development and Flores and company know that.

Drafting a long snapper and bringing in guys like Frazier and Fejedelem shows the staff is paying attention to improving performance on special teams as well as O ad D. Good to see that.

Date: April 27, 2020 07:52AM

I think Grier got a bad Rap. He brought in some great talent the past few years. But the coaching staff sent them packing. We have to make these guys want to stay. Hopefully no more prima donnas.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: April 27, 2020 01:48PM

Weaver was the only player they got off my board...but I have moved on and will support whatever happens going forward. Like many here we just have to put faith in the leaders of this franchise and dream of the day we are back on top of this division kicking butt.

Sidenote: I will be closely watching AG as a backup to Wilson nowangry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.