HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Here is Why I support Vick returning...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Here is Why I support Vick returning...
Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:05AM

1. Guy paid his debt to society for dogfighting.

Now, lets get serious, anyone with a half of a brain knows that dogfight in the south is common as sweet potato pie. He was convicted and served his time, deserves the right to return. As for killing dogs, he was punished, but those of you that say he killed an innocent animal, lets look at this antoher way, why is a dogs life more valuable then a duck, or deer, or moose...ok, marinate on that for a while. I hated this entire episode because there are rapist, burglarist, crack dealers, etc that get probation and we too often are quick to send a celebrity to jail. Ok, who should be in Jail bonds for lying, his trainer for not telling he used steriods, Roger clemens for lying or should it be Terry for dealing crack to school kids, Tim for 4th Offense Burglary, or Ted for raping a woman then plea bargaining for probation. This is what I hate about the entire ordeal.

Vick paid his dept as given out by our judicial system and deserves the right to make a living. Point blank. Furthermore, I want the phins to get him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here is Why I support Vick returning...
Posted by: Carolina Phin ()
Date: May 24, 2009 11:01AM

I agree on everything to an extent...except I do not want Vick on my team, not because of what he did but because we have our own Michael Vick right now in Pat White if we want an offense like Vick style!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: May 24, 2009 11:15AM

Posted by: opus ()
Date: May 24, 2009 12:51PM

My whole family is from Tennessee and not one of them has ever been to a dog fight. Dog fighting is popular among idiot males who are hopped up on testosterone and weed and can't just compare another part of their anatomy so instead they compare dogs!! By the way, a duck, moose etc... do not protect your family and are not usually kept in peoples houses.

why is a dogs life more valuable then a duck?I have never seen a more moronic statement on this site.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 24, 2009 01:21PM

Freedom of SPeech, if the guy wants to talk about Vick, who are we to tell him he can't. It is probably the hottest topic, on ESPN and NFL network as well. If it bothers you as I can imagine the over exposure of this does alot of people just don't participate. If I don't like a thread or where it is going, I just don't click on it, that doesn't mean others might not be really into it...to each their own, at least that is my opinion

Date: May 24, 2009 01:33PM

i could shoot this guy and not feel bad about it. maybe ill tie him up and let him do fightin, then when he fails because he cant fight, ill drown you, better yet, ELECTROCUTE YOU !!!! i mean why not your life is not more important than a duck, moose etc, and the difference between a dog and a duck? a duck is a duck, and a dog is a man's best friend. now does vick deserve to work YEAH hell yeah, but to play pro ball, NO why because he threw that out the window when he made the concious thought of hey, f.ck the commish, im going to do it my way. well who's sorry now.

Date: May 24, 2009 02:10PM

Freedom of speech goes both ways, so I can post too, and I will.

Some topics push buttons, because people have something in their lives they can relate it to. Lots of us have pets. So for someone to caulously say stuff like oh, your pet is just like a duck, or go overboard and claim that it's comparing a dog's life to a person's life and what's more important....straw man's arguments, it's not fair debate.

Anyone should be able to argue for Vick's return, but to try to justify what he did is another matter.

thumbs down

Date: May 24, 2009 02:24PM

Freedom of speech goes both ways, so I can post too, and I will.

I 100% agree with that statement and didn't mean to intend otherwise, it so hard with posting on message boards to get the tone of what someone is posting.
CHeers

Date: May 24, 2009 02:30PM

I don't think it is justifying what he did, just whether or not people who pay their debt to society deserve a second chance to achieve success for them and their family.... I despise what he did, if it was on what he did only, I would have say to bann him forever and never give him another job.....but it is not IMO, and believe we all make mistakes in life and I hope when I do make a mistake and have that people are willing to give me a second chance. Nothing less nothing more

Date: May 24, 2009 02:52PM

dolphinsnumberonestunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i could shoot this guy and not feel bad about it.
> maybe ill tie him up and let him do fightin, then
> when he fails because he cant fight, ill drown
> you, better yet, ELECTROCUTE YOU !!!! i mean why
> not your life is not more important than a duck,
> moose etc, and the difference between a dog and a
> duck? a duck is a duck, and a dog is a man's best
> friend. now does vick deserve to work YEAH hell
> yeah, but to play pro ball, NO why because he
> threw that out the window when he made the
> concious thought of hey, f.ck the commish, im
> going to do it my way. well who's sorry now.

I agree with you unbelievably, but if the Commisioner gave
Pacman a second shot because of pressure from jerry Jones.
Pacman's issue resulted in a man being paralyzed and another where murder was involved. Vicks crime are on that level....IMO however Pacman never served time and Vick did somewhere just under 2 years in
Levenworth...that is no freaking cakewalk...The guy deserves a chance to succeed, he paid his debt. I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne H would like him on the team as a WR and kickreturner. Wayne is a religious man and believes in Forgiveness and his wife Marty is a number one supporter of the Humane Society, which Vick is working with now to try and redeem what he had done, I think Vick is going to surprise people, he just needs a few good strong powerful people to step up and give him a chance. If the H's still owned the team I believe Vick would be signed by the Phins... will see what happens..but remeber you heard it hear first. I think VIck will not fail like Pacman did when returning.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:49PM

Any bets on how many post before this thread is closed?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 25, 2009 03:55AM

Date: May 25, 2009 05:33AM

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: May 25, 2009 06:21AM

PETA Sucks. That is all I wanted to say.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: May 25, 2009 07:11AM

Tony Dungy funds a program called "All Pro Dads" that is in place at the school where I teach. It is an excellent program and tries to convince men that no matter what happened in their past, they still have an opportunity to be a positive presence in their childrens lives.

That said, Dungy is not saying let Vick play ball. He is saying he deserves another chance, just as everyone does. He is not saying he would approve reinstatement, he is saying that it would be interesting to see him play. Tony just really wants to see Vick be a father to his children, and to be able to support them, not to necessarily see him in pro ball.

I believe that if you sat down with Dungy one on one and asked him he would say that the worst thing you could do to Vick is put him back in the Pro Player lifestyle situation, where he could lose focus on his family and commitments and once again fall into the "alpha" mentality that lead to the whole problem in the first place.

Date: May 25, 2009 07:24AM

Date: May 25, 2009 08:31AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> I don't think he's saying that at all. I think
> he's saying let him play. But this is more of a
> personal thing, a personal perspective of Dungy
> than an objective one. He doesn't want to see
> another black man in prison, much less a high
> profile one.
>
> "We might see a man who wants to get back to his
> three children and stop the cycle of young people
> growing up without a father to help them."
>
> That quote speaks to what I'm saying. That's his
> real focus. Everything else prior to that in his
> quote is just filler. Replace the PC phrase
> "young people" with what he really means, "young
> blacks" and you'll get a better understanding of
> what he's saying.
>
> Dungy is a great guy, and personally I think he's
> an unbelievable coach. But I think his opinions
> and views are more biased than others might be.

I agree alot of what you have to say about it, I guess the question we are left with, is should we dictate the success of a a felon after he has paid his debt to society. The government does prohibit him from ever voting again, owning a gun etc. I think Ricky is a great example of a Guy that had issues with the NFl and suspension, and has gotten his act together to be able to provide for his family in a way that only profesional football would allow. I am not trying to compare Ricky smoking pot to VIcks dog fighting ring , just as to a person that was questionable to ever play NFL football again, that has turned his life around and is a great father, Dolphin teammate, NFL player, and community citizen. I think having a goal,is important to keeping VIck focused and banning him from the NFL for life could lead to a worse outcome then letting him try and play. If he pulls a pacman, then his chance was given and he did not grab it.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:21PM

Well, yes, I think private organizations can make choices whether or not to hire you. And if your chosen profession is located within an exclusive league, and exclusive club, and you screw up to get yourself excluded from that club, then it's on you. He can always go play in Canada.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 25, 2009 01:51PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I think having a
> goal,is important to keeping VIck focused and
> banning him from the NFL for life could lead to a
> worse outcome then letting him try and play.

Worse outcome? Are we trying to save society from Vick by letting him play in the NFL? That's as ridiculous has teachers passing kids so they can play football because it will "save" them from the ghetto. That's exactly how you end up with people like Vick and Pacman.

Date: May 26, 2009 05:06AM

not letting him play will be a HUGE statement, one that the nfl means business, and if you try to be the "MAN" then you wont play either, i think by not letting him play sends A HUGE statement to america, that the nfl is not taking that garbage anymore. period. im sick of all the fans on here who obviously dont care about what happend, and just want him to play, well i got news for you crowder52, since all you can think about is your own dreams, you go work out and get in shape and go try out for the team. YOU be the differance maker, the man you think highly of, is sadistic, ok you dont watch animals kill each other, or worse brutaly hurt each other just for shitz and giggles, ok that is never going to change with the man, yeah he wont do it again, but its not because he feels guilty, its because he doesnt want to be broke. thats it and of course dungy is going to send praise, he is now apart of the media, and being a successful black man in the media, people are going to give him without a dought, full backing of his decisions, and views on vick, even though the man obviously doesnt care about what happened either, why should he? so we all know its going to happen, and he will be playing, because of ignorant views, from ignorant people, will spend alot of money on his merchandise, i hope he doesnt come to our team, cause if he does, im going to do everything i can to make him loose. im fine with him working, im not fine with him playing nfl again. TOO BAD SOO SAD. get over it.

"You were right numberone...you were right. The PATS and the 'BOYS had the same thoughts too. numberonedumbanddumber- you are a genius"Wow, another sterling prediction by the poster child for the dangers of illiteracy.So, let me get this straight. Essentially, the Dolphins traded Jason Taylor for Jason Taylor and Pat White and saved 7 million dollars. Now, I am not the greatest talent evaluator, but that sounds like a good deal to me."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 05:14AM by dolphinsnumberonestunner.

Date: May 26, 2009 06:21AM

Wow. I agree with Stunner on this one! eye popping smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 26, 2009 06:59AM

He made a *huge* mistake. Is one huge mistake enough to not allow a person the right to be a person again?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 26, 2009 07:29AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> He made a *huge* mistake. Is one huge mistake
> enough to not allow a person the right to be a
> person again?

He has the "right" to be a person. He does not have the "right" to be an NFL player. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 07:39AM

montequi Wrote:
> Wow. I agree with Stunner on this one! eye popping smiley

I would agree with him if i knew WTF is he trying to say.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:27AM

I still believe there are people who have done worse and are multiple offenders, and still play in the NFL.

The line was previously drawn by past offenders.....Vick has the right to play again....according to past rulings.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 26, 2009 09:37AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I still believe there are people who have done
> worse and are multiple offenders, and still play
> in the NFL.

Agreed, but I think they should ALL be out of the NFL. I think part of the job of a professional athlete is to set an example for kids. Criminals in the league only make it seem OK for kids to commit crimes.

> The line was previously drawn by past
> offenders.....Vick has the right to play
> again....according to past rulings.

Vick's offense was unprecedented, as far as I know. I haven't heard of any other player in NFL history being convicted of dog fighting. Consequently, you can't, necessarily, look at past rulings.

Posted by: dickyd13 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:38AM

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

Peta does suck and is pretty much a waste of energy

I am gonna have to agree with RANGER1

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 26, 2009 12:34PM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> Why do we have to create yet ANOTHER thread on
> Michael Vick? What was wrong with the first one?

RESPONSE: Because the moderators know me and know that I was about to rip dolphan4545 a new a_ _ hole for his snide comment about me not knowing the English language.

Anyhoo.... this gives you a chance, dolphan4545, tell me the answer to the question you never answered. Besides for food or fear (or being trained by humans to kill) what are the other reasons that animals kill? .....tick....tock...tick..tock..tick...tock

(Betcha, Grooves shuts this one down as well...)

Date: May 26, 2009 02:50PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 26, 2009 03:28PM

I, for one, both oppose Vick coming back and agree that there are animal rights activists that go too far. I'm not sure PETA is one of them. But out here in L.A., the Animal Liberation Front bombed a UCLA professor's car because he was working on a cure for cancer utilizing monkeys.

But again, the question is cruelty to animals.

First, he has not served his time. He is home on ankle monitoring.

Secondly, again, the question is what you can stomach.

Ken, states that even if the person was a child molester, if he had served his time, he should be able to get a job for a living.

I don't agree but I'm okay with that as long as that is what you believe as a matter of philosophy.

But again, the question is "Are you letting your desire as a fan to see him perform as an athlete guide your decision."

If you are, then that is wrong.

Furthermore, the question about eating animals is also irrelevant because even slaughterhouses (well, in most cases) kill cows in humane ways.

Using puppies and gentle dogs as bait to ramp up the blood lust in other vicious dogs, is not a question of eating for food or even hunting.

It is not so much the dogfighting itself but what horrors people like Vick commit on the way to preparing the dogs to fight that is the problem.

I, myself, enjoy watching football, but would not like seeing Adolph Hitler play no matter how great of an athlete he was.

I just can't stomach it. Nor can I stomach Vick anymore.

And by the way, before this broke, I thought Vick was the most exciting athlete to come along since Dan Marino.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.