HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Worst Draft ever
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Worst Draft ever
Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: April 25, 2020 01:04AM

Not in relation to the players the team picked, as that assessment will not be known for at minimum a year from now...but this draft coverage was just un-watchable.
I was so pumped to finally be able to step away from all this pandemic crap and have a nice, comfortable evening on the couch with nothing but sports talk...only to be slammed at every lengthy break with terrible tribute singing and covid covid covid covid commercials.
The NFL just doesn't have a clue what us fans want and just panders to the latest greatest social problem and beats to the all-mighty dollar anywhere they can get it.
Turned it off at pick 7 and moved to YT live stream Dolphin board. 1 1/2 hours to reach pick 9 ????? Twitter had the picks 2 in advance of TV announcements. Totally unacceptable.
Who gives a Rats patute what the last picked player did when he was 9 yrs. old at grandma's house when the next pick is "in" for the last 8 mins. or so...and why do need to know that Bellicheat has a dog that wants to live in Tampa too?
The league is clueless, and that although this presented a challenging situation to replicate the fun of the Philly draft (best ever) and last years good coverage...they put together a way too lengthy, off-topic mess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worst Draft ever
Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: April 25, 2020 05:01AM

I go to the restroom and get snacks when all thats on. Something thhings are good about seeing the players in their natural environment. I do hate the pick is in and have to wait to see it.

Date: April 25, 2020 05:50AM

LOL. Yeah. The NFL is a pandering entity. Thats a fact jack. Like it or not. Watching the commissioner turn to a screen and beg for BOOs is really really lame......but so is kneeling during the national anthem. It is what it is.

But getting back to the Miami Dolphins....Coach Flores looked really really happy. He got exactly who he wanted and the Dolphins went into this with a plan they seem to have executed. The draft is more then just picking players with big names and records........Its about putting together a cohesive unit that plays like a team. Ever hear that saying about match sticks? You can break one in half . But together they are unbreakable. Coach Flores is putting match sticks together.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 26, 2020 06:16AM

I found it especially irritating when there were interviews going on while selections were being announced. That was REALLY unsat.

I stopped watching after our 2nd round selections & I didn't even watch day 3, I couldn't take it anymore. The internet sports wires provided selections way before the televised draft did which was hideous. Needless to say I knew about the trade with SF a good 10 minutes before anyone who was just watching the TV.

Sadly I missed the best part of this draft - Belichick's dog sitting in his chair. I saw that after the fact and it was funny, definitely the best part of it.

Date: April 26, 2020 10:43AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> who was just watching the TV.
>
> Sadly I missed the best part of this draft -
> Belichick's dog sitting in his chair. I saw that
> after the fact and it was funny, definitely the
> best part of it.

All along......thats been his secret. No one else wanted Brady even in the 6th round.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 26, 2020 02:23PM

I only watched it the 1st day but it got so boring to see PICK IS IN just sit in the corner for 2 or 3 minutes while had to hear how the last selection is a volunteer banjo stringer for a blind man.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 26, 2020 04:00PM

I was getting depressed hearing about the horrible deaths of some of the players fathers.

Date: April 27, 2020 03:28AM

The NFL is trying to humanize themselves after a few years of some baaaad publicity. Lots of American flags, small towns, hardship........Colin Kappernick is far from their PR strategy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 27, 2020 04:37AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The NFL is trying to humanize themselves after a
> few years of some baaaad publicity. Lots of
> American flags, small towns, hardship........Colin
> Kappernick is far from their PR strategy.

And to think a while back there were sports analysts that said Miami should pick him up. Umm...NO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.