HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2nd and 3rd rounds.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2nd and 3rd rounds.......
Date: April 24, 2020 12:00AM

I want to say our best needs are still Oline , RB, Safety and DT. But that doesn't mean Miami doesn't pull the trigger on who they believe is the best player available .

They obviously have a plan as evidenced by CB Noah Iggy(I'm calling him Iggy for the time being). No one outside the front office suspected that. Heres our picks tomorrow:

Round 2 (39)

Round 2 (56, from Saints)

Round 3 (70)

I'd really like a RB with Number 39. Swift is on the board but if Xavier McKinney S is still available we need to make him a Miami Dolphin.

#56........Joshua Jones OT

#70........Ross Blacklock DT

I really wish we were able to pull off a trade and get another 2nd rounder. SO MANY great players available in this round.

Heres a question....if we had a chance to grab Swift and Xavier McKinney in the early rounds of Rd2 do we trade one of next years #1's? drinking smiley That would be killer.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2nd and 3rd rounds.......
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:20AM

If it were my decision, I would be very cautious in offering up a 2021 1st rounder for something in this year's draft. If we meet the oddsmakers' expectations for 6 wins this year, we'd likely be drafting somewhere in the 8-10 range and if the Texans meet current odds (8 wins), their 1st round pick would be in the 11-21 range (looking at 2020 draft order for teams finishing between 7-9 and 9-7).

The real kicker for me is my perception that the Texans have a pretty tenuous situation. O'Brien is a good game-day coach, but his GM moves, especially with veterans, seem highly questionable. DeAndre has made it abundantly clear that there was no healthy relationship between him and O'Brien. Money/contract demands were cited (I think) as a part of the reasoning from O'Brien's side re: Hopkins...how does that affect Tunsil's mindset specifically and the veteran players in general? I could see things going South for them in just trying to overcome an unhealthy relational dynamic environment...and if, God forbid, Watson misses any significant time with an injury, I could see their season being among the poorer league-wide. I think there's a higher chance of them ending up 7-9 or worse than 10-6 as they did in 2019, rendering the 26th pick to us.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 04:35AM

Heres to hoping the texans 2020 season goes down the drain.

But not wishing injury to nobody.

With our luck they will be one of the best teams in the league.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 06:19AM

I'd like to see us use some of our 4ths and 5ths to jockey for position in the 2nd and 3rd to beef up the oline, get an rb, and a safety.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 24, 2020 06:41AM

Correct - would not wish injury on anyone and definitely didn't meant to even come close to implying it with what I typed. Was more just noting how much they, possibly more than any team I can think of, rely on a single player for so much of their success.

May they find their way, somehow, to a very unsuccessful season, though :-)

Date: April 24, 2020 08:51AM

Tsstamper i was talking about myself when i talked about not wishing injury to a player.

Its always been n ideal of mine to not wish injury to my worst enemy because i know how an injury feels.

Date: April 24, 2020 09:00AM

Also i wouldnt mind us trading up today.

We have lots of 4th 5th 6th and 7th rounders.

i wouldnt mind us trading up to the second and third today for additional picks.

The lower the round the less the chances of getting impact players.

I say make a killi g today and forget about tommorrow.

The chances of us drafting players that will make an impact will be less tommorrow.

Date: April 24, 2020 09:08AM

My dream sce ario would be us get matos and swift with both our second rounders today.

We need dline and rb help quick.

If we get those two players i think we got a b plus draft so far. If not then its its a d minus.

I dont trust the tua pick.

Date: April 24, 2020 09:10AM

And i hope tua proves me wrong.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 24, 2020 09:11AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to see us use some of our 4ths and 5ths
> to jockey for position in the 2nd and 3rd to beef
> up the oline, get an rb, and a safety.

jsm08. I believe that's exactly what they will do. I read somewhere that if Miami uses all of their picks. it will be difficult to sign many of them as when their contracts are about up, money will be an big issue. They will have to let some of them go, while not really wanting to.

Hold on to the 2nd and 3rd picks, and start packaging the later round picks. If possible, make a deal where Miami will get someone's 2nd or 3rd rounder, and that could also be for 2021.

Date: April 24, 2020 09:28AM

I add to that that the review process of who will stick to this team beyond next year is not over.

Whoever regresses next year will get traded for picks in 2021.

I mean the ones who still have some value but coaches believe are not a long term answer.

Just a thought.

Date: April 24, 2020 09:44AM

Rumors. Looks like miami is trying to trade down from the 39th pick to adquire more picks in this years draft. Maybe add another pick next year?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 02:55PM

WTF 3 developmental players and a ? . Hopefully.they are diamonds and with 15 picks we hit on some

Walter actually have hunt as # 3 ranked guard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2020 03:04PM by jlyell13.

Date: April 24, 2020 03:03PM

Looks like we aiming for the future.....we got tua protection now we need a lb...dt.....rb.....de.

Date: April 24, 2020 03:04PM

We are weak at the lb de and rb specially.

Date: April 24, 2020 03:05PM

Dts we only have 3 on the roster with nfl experience i believe.

Date: April 24, 2020 03:39PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And i hope tua proves me wrong.

Wouldn't be the first time. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 24, 2020 04:01PM

Tannehill stunk here and thats all that matters. He was crap here and thatll never change. He didnt prove me wrong when it matter...here is all that matters...i couldnt care less him doing good in another team.

Date: April 24, 2020 04:03PM

So in my eyes tannehill is crap because he sucked when it mattered to me. He stunk been a member of the phins.

Date: April 24, 2020 04:10PM

He needed an allpro team and all pro team and still coulnt make it to the superbowl when the running game failed. He is useless.

Date: April 24, 2020 04:43PM

Relax. I hope TUA gets an all pro team. Like any other QB TUA will need run game, an Oline, and a defense to protect his scores to be successful.Ask Dan Marino.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 06:30PM

Would have taken Chinn and Gallimore although Jones is a nice player and Davis is big

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2020 06:48PM by jlyell13.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.