HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Poor first round
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Poor first round
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 07:58PM

Poll
Did you want the Dolphins to draft Tua Tagovailoa?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
9 votes were received.
Yes, absolutely 4

44%
No way! 5

56%
Well - I did, but I'm concerned 0

0%

In my opinion, this is a poor draft so far. First they take a smallish brittle QB with talent but whose past history strongly suggests that he won't spend much time on the field against much superior talent than he faced in college, with less than optimal results to his health. Then we take a talented tackle with a health issue, but one that he should recover well from. I would have liked the team doctors to have been able to give him a clean bill of health, however. It was a good idea to get another 4th rounder, but did we need to take a CB in the first round? Fast, yes, but a suspect tackler with suspect hands? This seems like a serious reach to me. I hope we do better in the rest of the draft.
Many of the local pundits were desperate to pick Tagovailoa and claimed 85-90% of the fans wanted him too. Almost all of the people I spoke to definitely DID NOT want him, or at least that's what they said. I'm curious to know if these people really stated their true beliefs, or what they thought I expected to hear. Please let me know how you really felt.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poor first round
Date: April 23, 2020 08:07PM

SIGH.

My head says hes injury prone. My heart is glowing Aqua and Orange and want him to be the answer here.

The Tackle had a procedure to save his sisters life . He will be fine.

That CB was not my choice . Not anyones... but people are saying it's a sly move to give us a shutdown backfield. Were talking man to man Madison Surtain days.
That leaves our linebackers free to make plays. We shall see. Again.....I'm hoping for the best.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 23, 2020 08:45PM

I wanted Herbert but that doesn’t mean I didn’t want Tua because I was happy with either player. As long as the brass had conviction on Tua and the medicals were solid I Didn’t have an issue with him. He just makes me a bit nervous, as hits will be cringeworthy for awhile.

I like our draft so far. I would have taken Swift, Dobbins or Taylor at #30 instead of Igbinoghene but I understand why we took the CB. Besides, one of those three RB’s should be available with our next pick at #39.

Of the three RB’s, I really like Taylor.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 23, 2020 08:57PM

I turned off on Tua because of that hip injury, but if his medical reports give him the green light I have to give our staff the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they have more detailed information than we all do so with that said, I hope he turns out to be the next Drew Brees. He definitely has the talent, and now that we have him I'll support him all the way.

Jackson donated bone marrow to his sister to save her life, I myself donated bone marrow back in 2008 to an anonymous 5 year old boy with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The procedure was at 6 am and I was released from the hospital the following day to make sure there was no infection. You donate fluids to yourself beforehand to be replaced into yourself after the procedure in order to replenish the bone marrow you donated. Bone marrow replenishes easily. Jackson's health is no issue at all. You just aren't allowed to donate blood for one year after you donate bone marrow.

Noah (I can't pronounce his last name!) will benefit the nickel package & he's also a return guy. I didn't see that pick coming but I don't think it'll be a waste.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 23, 2020 11:19PM

I'm actually a combination of "Yes, absolutely" and "Well - I did, but I'm concerned". I lean strongly toward taking chances on greatness and that, for me in this case's particulars, outweighs my concern...but it doesn't delegitimize the concern. I think that the NFL puts a significant emphasis on protecting QBs from injury and I'm hoping that Tua can learn how to minimize hits he takes by smart play. Obviously hoping for the best.

For both Jackson and Noah, they seem like relatively high potential guys @ their position whose performance can be elevated by coaching to clean up technique issues. I've been impressed in our one short season with our coaching staff's ability to elevate performance of secondary players...OL, not so much. I'll probably mentally link these two with Tristan Wirfs and Cesar Ruiz. Both of those players were probably within reach via trade from 18 & 26, but our relative lack of draft capital in the 3rd & 4th rounds may have kept us from making moves to get those guys (and, it may be that SF wanted Javon only and saw a way to get him and a 4th by moving just one slot, so we really didn't have much of a fair shot at him). I probably would have felt better to see Tua, Tristan & Cesar but who knows.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 24, 2020 03:09AM

I think no way is to strong, I was more of rather not

Posted by: The BFK ()
Date: April 24, 2020 04:14AM

I’m satisfied with it so far. They filled needs. Maybe not the best value but filled needs.

I would just like to know how in the world when “The Pick is in” - it takes 5-10 minutes for the call to get from the War Room to the Commissioner.....damn that’s annoying as hell.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 08:13AM

There's no way of knowing how good the first round has been because it all depends on a number of things that we don't know. If Tua remains healthy, it'll be a great first round. Is his health a concern, of course, but there's no way we have as much information as the team does. Looking at Tua's tape, he is a very accurate passer with a more than adequate arm to stretch the field. He won't play next year so he has an additional year to heal and learn the offense. We could've drafted Herbert or Love and there's no guarantee either of them would have a long injury free career. Austin Jackson seems to have a high ceiling and looks to be a high character guy. I'll admit the pick of a corner with the third first round pick was a surprise but Flores' defense put a premium on a lot of man to man and that seems to be Igbinoghene's strength. If the kid can play, we should have a very good secondary. Moreover, I like their move down to 30 and picking up an additional 4th rounder. We now have 15 total picks. The law of averages would seem to suggest that we'll get a gem or two in the rest of the draft. Hopefully more than one or two.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 06:00PM

have to wait 3 years to really tell

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.