HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Texans 2021 picks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Texans 2021 picks
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 11, 2020 06:49AM

As I've heard about and even thought through the possibility of the Phins trading picks, I think they should be very hesitant to trade the 2021 picks we got from the Texans. O'Brien has shown to be a good coach, and they have talent (though not as much as they had when Hopkins was on the team). But, the moves he's making and especially what it being rumored to be the reasoning (personality conflicts & money) I could see it taking a big toll on the team's morale and psyche.

If you look at this year's draft, LAC (5-11) pick #6 and CLE (6-10) pick #10. I bring them up because they're talented teams that had a couple key injuries and/or drama and significantly underperformed. We've all had the distinct pleasure of seeing Phins players quit on their coach...wouldn't it be nice if, this time, it's another team's players doing it and simultaneously increasing the value of 1st and 2nd round picks for us?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Texans 2021 picks
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 07:42AM

I think they will offer 5 , 18 and 2021 offer for Burrow. Maybe all 3 for 1 and 33

If bengals pass expect Herbert at 5 or maybe a trade down with Raiders if offer too good to pass on, and Love, Fromm and Hurts valued pretty close. 5 and 59 for 12 and 19 or 5 for 12, 80,81

Date: April 11, 2020 08:29AM

To clarify:
- in the 1st scenario, which 2021 did you have in mind? Ours or the Texans? 1st round or 2nd round?
- in the 2nd scenario, you're saying #5, #18, #26 for #1 and #33

Correct?

Date: April 11, 2020 10:25AM

Correct

Could offer ours or the better of the 2 in 2021

yes on 2 but don't think the Phins will give up all 3 but 33 is like a first and the pick value is close. If they really want Burrow they could, and still could land the following in first 4 rounds

Burrow

Jackson, Ruiz, Lemieux, Cushenberry or Biadasz Best avail OL
Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor top 3 RB
Winfield, Chinn, Dugger Stud Safety

Stenberg beast 6'6" people mover OL, Uche Anae, Hamler, or Tyler Johnson

AJ Dillon, Eno Benjamin, Josh kelly, or Zack Moss

Date: April 11, 2020 10:57AM

If those are the two options, I strongly prefer the 2nd option and would not want to offer "the better of the two". There's not a ton of difference, IMO, between #26 and #33.

As things stand right now, I think there's a decent chance that the Texans have a pretty disappointing (for them) 2020 season. And, they're a Deshon Watson injury away from competing for one of the very top picks in the 2021 draft.

All that said, I don't think Cincy would take either offer. But, who knows.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 12:22PM

As hard a tank as cinci did last year you think they going to give the first over all pick away?

The answer is no.

Date: April 12, 2020 01:21PM

For 3-4 firsts you never know, hear they like Herbert

Date: April 13, 2020 05:25AM

I dont think miami will give 3 or 4 firsts to move up. Its too much for one player.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 13, 2020 06:16AM

From an article I just read on PFT:

According to Peter King of NBC’s Football Morning in America, both General Manager Chris Grier and coach Brian Flores “are very much against trading the farm to move up to get Burrow.”

For anyone who has a man crush on Burrow I highly doubt it'll happen folks, & I'm not for selling the house & barn either. This team has many needs and 3 valuable 1st round picks should help a lot. I wouldn't move up or down, I'd stay right where we're at.

As for QB I'd like to take Anthony Gordon in perhaps round 3 and let him sit a year. He put up monster numbers and has tremendous upside. We have Fitz & Rosen still under contract this year, with that said I don't have a problem drafting a QB who'll sit for a year and maybe compete for a starting job next year.

I'm not "all in" on drafting a QB in the first round this year just for the sake of drafting a 1st round QB. Burrow is probably the only one worthy of being an immediate starter anyway, the rest are all projects IMO. As for Tua, I'll pass altogether. Too injury prone. He reminds me of RGIII v2.0, way too risky.

Date: April 13, 2020 06:28AM

808 i agree with eveything you just said. Its on point.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 13, 2020 07:59AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808 i agree with eveything you just said. Its on
> point.

Well thank you Sam. Please stay well with this crazy virus stuff going on.

Date: April 13, 2020 08:40AM

You too.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 13, 2020 12:01PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they will offer 5 , 18 and 2021 offer for
> Burrow. Maybe all 3 for 1 and 33
>
> If bengals pass expect Herbert at 5 or maybe a
> trade down with Raiders if offer too good to pass
> on, and Love, Fromm and Hurts valued pretty
> close. 5 and 59 for 12 and 19 or 5 for 12, 80,81

Anything is possible, but IMO, I don't see it happening. Miami has way too many holes they need to fill. Losing those extra first rounders would lose Miami trying to build their team. A QB, alone, will not cure Miami's woes (i.e., Marino). The Bengals would not only want Miami's extra two in the first round, they would ask for other draft picks.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: April 13, 2020 03:03PM

Seems 808, samsam and I are all on the same page. Nice to be in company of those who see the same potential.

Date: April 13, 2020 03:38PM

smileys with beer

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 14, 2020 09:36AM

Before I offer the farm for an unproven prospect I'd call Houston and offer them their picks back for Watson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.