HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Top 5 QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Top 5 QB
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 06, 2020 07:49AM

only 1, Eli manning , has won a Superbowl since 1999

Pats rumored after Hurts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Top 5 QB
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 06, 2020 11:33AM

I would like for us to draft burrows....but i also believe its going to cost too much.

There are other qbs in this draft that are going to become good players. It all depends if we put in place the right offensive players around him.

I ask you this and before i even ask i will say my answer to this question is NO.

Do you believe if we have drafted lets say russel wilson...he turns out the same player he turned out to be for the seahawks?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 06, 2020 10:33PM

I agree, but the operative word, in my mind, is "drafted" - which I assume to mean if we had drafted him in 2012 onto our same team we had then. Sadly, for the past 20 years, our franchise has been one that gets less out of players than they ought to...whether its players we draft and should develop, or overpaying for FAs and having their production dip from what we saw previously and, therefore, paid for. So, I don't think it would be unique to Wilson or any other QB...it has been across the board.

I happen now to be optimistic that we have the coaching & team culture that is a winning one, and part of that is having an environment wherein coaches and talent evaluators know what they're looking for in terms of players that they can work with and develop. So, I believe that if we were drafting rookie Russell Wilson in 2020, he would have a decent chance of being just as successful as he has been to date. And a lot of that would be based upon seeing things like drafting an Earl Thomas in 2010 (which we had a chance to do if we hadn't stupidly traded down) and then building the legion of boom around him with low-round/undrafted picks (not the exact construction of the secondary that way, but being able to make good decisions and have an environment where it can form to be elite w/o being made up of all high 1st-rounders). Or, picking up a proven running back whose production on his rookie contract seemed to tail off...and getting him back on track (Jordan Howard's trajectory eerily similar to Marshawn's).

To shoot a hole in my own perspective, I didn't see any QB development specifically last year that I could identify. Going into the season, I viewed our 1st 4 games as sort of a 2nd preseason for us, so with that in mind I didn't really expect much out of whichever QB was on the field. When Fitzy came in, he was who he has been much of his career, and leaves me wondering if the 2020 version of him will be more like the 2018 Bucs version or the 2016 Jets version. Either way, I don't see him leading us to the SB before his playing days are over (would be happy to be wrong there, of course). I agreed with taking Rosen's 2019 development "offline" but the result is we have no real idea whether and how he has developed. And, it was apparently rumored that O'Shea was let go due in part to a lack of QB development.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 07, 2020 06:22PM

Jeremiah mocked us passing on Tua for Herbert. Still a lot of rumors about Phins and Burrow

Date: April 08, 2020 02:32AM

Interesting because he also tweeted Belichick notes from 1991 regarding, among other things, what he looks for in a quarterback. From what I understand, Herbert is sort of the polar opposite of what Belichick documented. Certainly the game has changed in the past 30 years, and Belichick's perspective may have changed accordingly. Given the success he's had over the past 20 years with a QB that "fits the description" so well, I can't see him doing a complete 180 in perspective...but it is Belichick and he's done unpredictable things in the past that, at the time, seemed contrary to nature.

I have a lot more personal interest in what the Phins do @ QB, but I'm incredibly intrigued to see what Belichick does at the position.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 09, 2020 07:10PM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting because he also tweeted Belichick
> notes from 1991 regarding, among other things,
> what he looks for in a quarterback. From what I
> understand, Herbert is sort of the polar opposite
> of what Belichick documented.

I read/heard some years ago that Belichick is big on mechanics 1st and foremost. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a QB that nobody's talking about from a college that nobody cares about who ends up eventually being a damn good NFL franchise QB that everyone else wishes they hadn't passed up on. Of course they'll get him for a bargain no higher than the 2nd round.

Date: April 10, 2020 01:36AM

That wouldn't shock me...nor would it shock me if Belichick is cooking up some plan to get Trevor Lawrence next year since he's supposedly touted to be the next "can't miss" QB prospect a la Luck, Manning, Elway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.