HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Anquan Boldin Not compatible w/ Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Anquan Boldin Not compatible w/ Dolphins
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 21, 2009 07:15AM

I don't see this regime paying ANY attention to disgruntled players like Boldin who feel they are being under appreciated and under payed.

There is nothing I have ever seen in a Parcells led regime that would jump at the chance to give up valuable draft picks and over spend for a malcontent.

Boldin's team just went to the Superbowl and he still wants to leave because making 12 million in two years is not enough. He thinks he should be making upward towards 9 mill a year.

Why would any clear thinking Dolphins fan think that the Fins brass would think that overpaying for a position that the offense is NOT built around would be a good idea? The Cardinals were able to make a Superbowl run without Boldin...why should I believe that we cannot make a run without him?

Look for the Dolphins to continue to develop what they have and use inovations like the wildcat to have a balanced yet run first attack. A positional change of Ernest Wilford to H-back is a clear sign that the Dolphins will continue to crank up the competition and give each playing we have a real chance to succeed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anquan Boldin Not compatible w/ Dolphins
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 21, 2009 07:26AM

I don't know if we'd be completely averse to Boldin, but he'd have to make serious concessions like JT did (and I don't see that happening). If Boldin agreed to sign a seriously incentive-laden contract with Miami, then they MIGHT do it.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 21, 2009 09:01AM

I really like Bolden and have ever since he was in college but the ballpark of 8-10 million a season is too much money for him. The list of players in the league that I'd be willing to pay that kind of money for is very, very, short...and none of them are recievers.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 21, 2009 10:59AM

Next years NFL Draft is LOADED with talent. I don't want to part with ANY picks in it. It's the best NFL draft in probably 10 years, some think ever possibly!

I would rather Miami sign Marvin Harrison to 1 year deal (ala Jason Taylor) and bring him in for this season.

Ginn and Harrison as your starters. Bess as your #3. Then you have Cammarilo, London, Turner, and the others fighting for the #4 spot. We have alot of YOUNG WR's on our team and practice squad. Having a guy like Harrison around can't hurt.

Granted Marvin isn't a big "team" guy. Stays to himself, sits by himself at the end of the bench. Then in the offseason shoots up the streets of Philly in his spare time. But for the day-in-day-out grind he brings IT and has brought it every year for over a decade!!

Bottom line is Harrison is a better bargin than Boldin. Production will be less, but not that much less and he comes at 1/10th the price

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 11:00AM by MikeO.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: May 22, 2009 03:05AM

The Cardinals were able to make a Superbowl run without Boldin --jimB

when was that?

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 23, 2009 04:13AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 23, 2009 04:45AM

At one point I was in favor of bringing on Boldin for the right price - picks, players and salary. This stuff is ridiculous, however.

If he didn't like playing in AZ, he shouldn't have signed his contract. If he thought he was going to outperform his contract, he should have negotiated incentives. If AZ didn't want to include performance incentives, he would have had the option not to sign the contract. I get that he is underpaid relative to wideouts with similar stats. He signed the contract.

I am no longer in favor of bringing him on. His attitude and antics are distractions and immature. He always says something like "I just want this to be resolved." It is...you have a contract with AZ to play for them. It's resolved.

Chad Pennington was the runner-up MVP last year. I don't hear him throwing fits, skipping practices, etc because he was paid so much less than Peyton and other top QBs. What a class act.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.