HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pats Lose
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pats Lose
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 04, 2020 06:31PM

I just love seeing that look on Brady’s face.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pats Lose
Date: January 04, 2020 10:58PM

Yes. He kept looking back at the refs like........WTF? didn't the check clear? grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 05, 2020 12:28AM

The Patriots dominance has faded and they are just another good time. They, IMO, missed Gronk who was a tremendous offensive asset. Antonio Brown's hiring and immediate release left the offensive without a dominant receiver. I also noticed that the zip on some of Brady's passes this season wasn't there.

I'll bet Brady will play one more year to avenge this wild card loss; Kraft will hire him despite Brady's free agency status.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 05, 2020 06:35AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. He kept looking back at the refs
> like........WTF? didn't the check clear? grinning smiley

Well the league *tried* to help the Pats by scheduling a NE Home game at night during the winter.

They could have easily scheduled the game in NE to be the earlier game, when temps would be warmer...and the later game in Texas---but that wouldn't have provided the Pats with enough of an advantage so they made sure the Pats would play their home game in the coldest possible conditions. U

nfortunately for the Pats it was 'only' raining and 'only' in the 40s, so the Pats had to rely on their old standby, referee favoritism. But the refs for whatever reason weren't buying it last night, thank God.

Date: January 05, 2020 07:02AM

Yes the Refs looked rather nuetral. I was amazed to see Brady get sacked with no recourse. And that Pick 6....to see his last pass blow up in his face.....great way to start the year!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 06, 2020 09:17AM

I wonder what the score would've been when Miami played NE the last game of the season if Miami had the Tennessee offensive line but everything else was the same? Fitzpatrick was a lot more effective than Tannehill even though he was being pressured on literally every down. You have to believe that we'd have run the ball a lot better and with more time, Fitz might've had a much better game. There's not doubt that our offensive line significantly limited what we could do both running and passing the ball this year.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 07, 2020 08:37PM

This game was so much fun to watch. I loved the way Vrabel managed the clock in the closing minutes by taking penalties to keep the clock running. Belichick was livid on the sidelines, he knew that was a strategy but there's no way to prove it. Brady's pick 6 as his last pass was epic. Tennessee played a solid football game & I'm happy for the success Tanny is having there. That team is built and coached well, I can't believe how horribly this team was coached especially under Adam Gase when I compare with Tennessee. I sure am happy that Gase went to the Jets. I'm a lot happier with Flores here, the vibe is good & he did the best he could with a decimated roster. I just hope Grier doesn't screw this draft up.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 08, 2020 02:50AM

The best part of him taking penalties to keep the clock running is that New England started that crap earlier in the year, and it came back to bite them.

Date: January 08, 2020 03:43PM

astro34 Wrote:
> The best part of him taking penalties to keep the
> clock running is that New England started that
> crap earlier in the year, and it came back to bite
> them.

100% correct. Bellichick had nothing to whine about, but there he was, whining to the sideline official.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 08, 2020 03:49PM

astro34 Wrote:
> The best part of him taking penalties to keep the
> clock running is that New England started that
> crap earlier in the year, and it came back to bite
> them.

That's right and it sure did. Belichick got beat at his own game and that's the beauty of it. I'm thinking the rules might change a bit this off-season.

Date: January 08, 2020 03:52PM

Currently the taking-the-penalty-to-run-down-the-clock tactic is allowable up until the 5:00 minute mark, I believe. So they had more than 5:00 on the clock when Vrabel pulled a Bellichick.

I agree they should change the rule. Make it one penalty per drive or something.

Another funny thing is that one of the penalties during that drive was actually on the patriots....the dummies.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 08, 2020 04:52PM

You and me both-as well as many others, both here and all over the AFC East and the rest of the league. Brady's last gasp pick-6 pass to seal the loss was an epic fail. I haven't enjoyed a game so much since..the week before.

Rick

Date: January 09, 2020 02:35AM

I am positive the rule will be changed this year. Its about time one of the loop holes Belicheat found came back to bite him in the ass.

Date: January 09, 2020 03:18AM

astro34 Wrote:
> I am positive the rule will be changed this year.
> Its about time one of the loop holes Belicheat
> found came back to bite him in the ass.

Hey cant blame him for playing the game as it stands. That's not cheating. I do like the way Vrabel taught his ex master! Lol.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 09, 2020 04:03AM

Not saying he cheated in this instance. He does use the rules for his advantage.... but does cross the line a bunch. Wish Houston would have lost but New England loosing was a good substitute.

Date: January 09, 2020 08:41AM

Oh no doubt! Don Schuler doesnt call him Belicheat for no reason!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 09, 2020 01:20PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Brady's last gasp pick-6 pass to seal the
> loss was an epic fail. I haven't enjoyed a game so
> much since..the week before.

haha...

I keep telling all my friends and co-workers around here: Aren't you glad that Brady's final pass as a Patriot was for a touchdown?

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 10, 2020 03:54AM

Oh I like that JC.

Well done.smileys with beer

Date: January 10, 2020 05:41PM

pafinfan Wrote:
> Oh I like that JC.
>
> Well done.smileys with beer

Thanks...I can't say I made that up. I heard it somewhere on the radio I think.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 10, 2020 05:52PM

Maybe if you verbalize your nightmares before they happen then they WON'T ever happen.

So...........what if we pass on picking a QB and the team picking at the spot after ours trades their Pick to the Patsies who pick a quarterback who becomes the next Brady?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.