HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coaching
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Coaching
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 01, 2019 01:40PM

Even if Miami does not get the high draft pick in the upcoming draft the coaching staff is giving me hope that that piece might finally be in place.

They have this group of mostly nobodies and cast off playing their hearts out.

Hopefully Flores & company are the real thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 01, 2019 01:46PM

Totally agree.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: December 02, 2019 02:43AM

It's funny to look back at the clips from the national media from earlier in the season talking about the Dolphins as the worst team in NFL history, etc.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 02, 2019 03:47AM

Yep, this team can win the next 3 games and finish at 6-10. That would be further proof that the front office made the right decision to clear the roster of our high priced veterans. How many 6-10, 7-9 8-8 seasons we got from those guys. Same results from younger and hungrier players who are getting the development that is required to win.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 02, 2019 09:35AM

Let’s hope that does not happen...

Date: December 02, 2019 12:52PM

We also had a tough schedule early on.....The Ravens are playing at a very high level, might even be SB champs.
The Pat's, The Cowboys, chargers...we were just getting our feet wet as a new team and we were clobbered.
We are still not that good a team, but nowhere near what our early record showed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 02, 2019 11:44PM

I'd have to agree. Considering complete coaching overhaul and player turnover happening at a high rate well into the first part of the season, I'd consider our first 4 games basically an extension of preseason...and our next 4 games like the first 4 games of the season for a talent-poor team. Prior to the season's start, I'd thought of our 1st 4 games that way...but I don't think I'd thought of how that plays out then thereafter.

We are still talent-poor - moreso than even when we started the season. Coaching, on the whole, has been a significant positive for us this year. To temper my own enthusiasm, though, we haven't been playing under the pressure that normally accompanies a season with at least hopes for success.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 11, 2019 10:24AM

Id have to agree too. Finally we have some coaches in place that might develop the draftees the right way.

I have some confidence in Flores. He has fire and wit. He might be what we were all looking for all these years.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 10:51AM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even if Miami does not get the high draft pick in
> the upcoming draft the coaching staff is giving me
> hope that that piece might finally be in place.
>
> They have this group of mostly nobodies and cast
> off playing their hearts out.
>
> Hopefully Flores & company are the real thing.

Thats what i feel as well

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 16, 2019 01:05PM

I think it is helping Flores that he doesn't have the "You must win" pressure from above on him this year. He has a year (maybe 2) before Ross starts getting annoyed with his team. He has this time to learn the ins and outs of being HC without the some of the worries.

I'm not saying Flores and the team don't want to win. We seen that they do, but the OR ELSE isn't there this year. It's got to be easier to learn your job that way.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: December 30, 2019 05:00AM

We have a Head Coach and good coaches NOW

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 30, 2019 06:06AM

It certainly appears that Flores and his assistants are better than what we've had in the past 19 years. I am optimistic, very optimistic that the team will continue to blossom. thumbs up

Date: December 30, 2019 07:52AM

Flores vs. Belicheck

Apprentice vs. Master

Belichick created a Monster. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.