Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 19, 2019 07:22PM

Just read on the news wire here that the all white throwbacks will be worn on week 2 against the Pats. I have to say it was refreshing to read that as I instantly recalled seeing those all muddied up at the Orange Bowl and began to reminisce. I sure miss them days!

Sorry that was probably not worth starting a new thread over, but the football boredom since the draft has been completely drab...This news inspired me to become awakened after reading about that. I really don't like the new logo at all, especially now that we've had nothing but bozos for coaches since the new unis came out. I wish the throwbacks were permanent.

Ah yes, off-season football boredom...At least "Game Of Thrones" has kept me amused thumbs up I wish I could have started a thread about that - Way more interesting!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 04:09AM

Is it more expensive to keep wearing the throwbacks?

The fans like it!

Why don't they please the fans and keep the throwbacks.

Them new dolphins logo looks as CC as TCPF.

I think that dolphin on the helmet has a weird eyebrow...Look at it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 22, 2019 03:24PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Sorry that was probably not worth starting a new
> thread over,


Of course it's worthy of its own thread, in the off season especially! I'm not one to make a big deal about uniforms but hey it's the off season. Plus the all white unis were the glory days.

Now the orange ones...are just silly but they really don't bother me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 22, 2019 03:26PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I think that dolphin on the helmet has a weird
> eyebrow...Look at it.


ANY eyebrow on a dolphin (the kind that swims in the ocean, not the human football players) would be weird!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 22, 2019 03:27PM

hey....is the quote function working again?

I just quoted two posts and they didn't show up as blank?

Or am I imagining things?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 05:43AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey....is the quote function working again?
>
> I just quoted two posts and they didn't show up as
> blank?
>
> Or am I imagining things?


Checki g

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 05:44AM

It is working

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 24, 2019 01:54PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it more expensive to keep wearing the
> throwbacks?
>
> The fans like it!
>
> Why don't they please the fans and keep the
> throwbacks.
>
> Them new dolphins logo looks as CC as TCPF.
>
> I think that dolphin on the helmet has a weird
> eyebrow...Look at it.


If the Dolphins allowed their fans to vote on their website to permanently bring back the old logo/unis I'm guessing we'd go back. That would be in a perfect world but we're sure far from that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 24, 2019 07:31PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is it more expensive to keep wearing the
> > throwbacks?
> >
> > The fans like it!
> >
> > Why don't they please the fans and keep the
> > throwbacks.
> >
> > Them new dolphins logo looks as CC as TCPF.
> >
> > I think that dolphin on the helmet has a weird
> > eyebrow...Look at it.
>
>
> If the Dolphins allowed their fans to vote on
> their website to permanently bring back the old
> logo/unis I'm guessing we'd go back. That would be
> in a perfect world but we're sure far from that.

Testing. Testing. Testing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 08, 2019 10:17AM

I have this idea that the throwback unis are being used again this year to guage how the majority of fans feel about them. I think that we will see the team wear them as often as the league allows us to. On this board, its clear that most of us are solidly for reinstating them, but there are plenty of other fans that need to be heard from. I strongly suspect that the throwbacks will become the standard unis next year, when a major change in our fortunes is expected. It seems that very few fans are against the change, and the ones I have talked to are as much for the change as we are.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 10, 2019 01:33PM

The problem, Rick, is that the league has this strange rule that a team cannot change their uniforms until after a five-year request from the owner. That is my understanding of the rule. Not sure why the NFL has the rule, but...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 12, 2019 07:17AM

I did know that such a rule existed, but I wasn't aware of how long the rule specified, and I'm not sure how long its been since the last change. I think the change limit time is getting close.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Throwbacks In Week 2 (All White Version)
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 12, 2019 12:04PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did know that such a rule existed, but I wasn't
> aware of how long the rule specified, and I'm not
> sure how long its been since the last change. I
> think the change limit time is getting close.

***********************************************************

The team hasn't requested a change, as far as I know. Maybe they have, but I'm sure it would have leaked (or announced) that the change has been requested. So, if it hasn't....we will be waiting for a long time.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.