HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 03, 2018 01:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 04, 2018 06:48AM

I don't know what is wrong with me but for the first time in my life I'll be pulling for the Jets? I need the Ross era and all his related goons to end. I like Todd Bowles. Wish he was on the Dolphins.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 04, 2018 08:13AM

Blasphemy.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2018 08:21AM

3rd and a foot and you run wide? Gase is a boob.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 04, 2018 10:05AM

It's been a fun game to watch. I love defensive battles.

Date: November 04, 2018 10:07AM

This isn't a defensive battle it's a pathetic offense battle.

Date: November 04, 2018 10:16AM

Both of these teams stink. If I were Ross, I'd be embarrassed and refund the ticket price for the unfortunate saps that have the misfortune of watching this debacle in person.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 04, 2018 10:53AM

Stupid decision by Bowles. He should have kicked rather than chance it.

Date: November 04, 2018 11:04AM

YES!! SWEPT THE JETS!!

Horrible offense for both teams, but at least we have an excuse.Thier first round QB is a interception machine. Jet fans miss Sanchez at this point......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 04, 2018 01:43PM

I've got to concede it to you, Treasure. TODAY......Tannehill OUTPLAYED Darnold by a long shot......oh, wait. I forgot.....

Date: November 04, 2018 02:05PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got to concede it to you, Treasure.
> TODAY......Tannehill OUTPLAYED Darnold by a long
> shot......oh, wait. I forgot.....

DAMN STRIAGHT BROTHER!grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 04, 2018 02:15PM

LOL.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 04, 2018 03:58PM

We played like crap today...lucky that the Jests played worse.If we had played any other team today we'd have lost.

A win is a win though. WTF is going on with Rashad Jones...

Date: November 04, 2018 04:03PM

Oooops! Just realized that the Patsies are playing on SNF.

My second pleasure, rooting AGAINST the Patsies.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 04, 2018 04:11PM

Things were a hopping around my place today and as a result missed everything after the Dolphins field goal. Luckily, I recorded the game and was able to catch the rest of the game later in the day.

While the Dolphins outscored the Jets the game was a pathetic display of NFL football. These two team couldn't fight their way out of paper bag. Our offensive line play continues to resemble a sandlot pick up team.

Our defense did a few things better, however, they were playing agains a terrible offense and a rookie QB that has talent but no supporting cast that can help him out. Sanchez had the the same rookie problems.

I am currently watching the GB v. Patriots game, and both of those teams are exceptional making the play of the Dolphins even more pathetic. Next Sunday we play GB...and that should be an interesting match up. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 05, 2018 03:11AM

That was a pathetic display of football.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: November 05, 2018 03:15AM

I know we got the win so part of me is proud, but an even bigger part is just disappointed. All we did was get knocked back in the draft so we can get another average player. If it wasnt for a pic 6 we wouldnt have one that game. We are not good enough to get into the playoffs let alone win them. Brock is what he is, but what the hell happened to drake? is he in the doghouse? Parker enough of him already. This team is so basic its disgusting, and with the offensive guru and qb whisperer at the helm well stevie wonder can see he sucks. Go phins do you thing and we will all sit here bitching about the same thing next year, because all of getting better depends on ross now, he has to find the balls to make the changes needed to get better. It has to start with the gm, and the coaching staff.

Date: November 05, 2018 05:23AM

First off, glad for the win. I can't root for the team to lose regardless of draft position (especially against the jets)

Second, this was an ugly, ugly game. It's unlikely that this kind of performance would've resulted in a win against any other team remaining on the schedule with the possible exception of Buffalo.

The more I see the offense's woes, the more I'm convinced that there are three fundamental problems that have to be fixed.

1. The offensive line is awful. James and Tunsel are both adequate (both were hurt Sunday and hopefully will be back next week). That said, the guard play is absolutely and profoundly horrible. Larsen in particular is the worst I've seen in a long time. The jets were tossing him around like a rag doll and he gets NO push on running plays. Until they fix the offensive line, this team will continue to be offensively challenged.

2. The QB position has to be fixed. Osweiler has played better than I thought he could. In fact, I haven't seen much difference between what Osweiler provides than Tannehill. Both, however, aren't good enough. Watching some of the other games this weekend shows me that a great QB makes all the difference in the world. What we have in Tannehill (and more or less with Osweiler) is QB play that when its at its best, won't lose you a game. That sort of play just keeps you mediocre.

3. Gase is a terrible playcaller. Seriously bad. I still don't understand why Gore is running the majority of the time. Don't get me wrong, I love what Gore brings. Toughness, hard work, and a complete team player. But he's 35 and isn't a realistic threat to make the explosive plays. Drake should be running at least half of the time. Will you get perhaps more negative plays with Drake? Maybe, but you also get the possibility of a big play that can make a huge difference in the game.

I see another sub.500 year looming ahead. Green Bay is likely to thump us pretty severely. Ross has to make some serious changes or the mediocrity will continue endlessly.

Date: November 05, 2018 06:30AM

Gore is more likely to run it up in there, break tackles and get yards behind sub par blocking.

Drake is better and more likely to result in a big play if there is good/decent blocking and holes to pick. Drake is also more valuable in the passing game at the moment.

Option one is the best option right now...as far as running goes.

Date: November 05, 2018 08:11AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gore is more likely to run it up in there, break
> tackles and get yards behind sub par blocking.
>
> Drake is better and more likely to result in a big
> play if there is good/decent blocking and holes to
> pick. Drake is also more valuable in the passing
> game at the moment.
>
> Option one is the best option right now...as far
> as running goes.

Ken, I don't agree but you have to admit, 3 carries for Drake against the jets is hard to justify. Especially when you're asking a 35 year old running back to be your bell cow. If Drake doesn't run hard enough, at least give some more carries to Ballage.

Date: November 05, 2018 09:00AM

It isn't that Drake runs less hard, it's just that he's smaller and thereby most likely less strong. (Subgective yes I know.) There is also the fact that due to his size he has less kinetic energy at the point of an impact meaning he moves defenders off of the path of his travel less easily.

I like Drake and he does run hard, is a threat to take it to the house on any given play and is more versatile. But, he's more Barry Sanders and less Earl Campbell. Right now I think we need more of the latter, given our O-Line issues. None of this means he should be excluded from the game plan however as there are other ways to get him the ball in a little bit of space.

Drake just needs more of a crack to do what he does best...JMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.